Home

Sabo's Gameplay Edits & Sliders

This is a discussion on Sabo's Gameplay Edits & Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Sabo's Gameplay Edits & Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
So..just quick observation..let me preference this..I am a coach Mode only player..

I was running a set that had QB Acc at 35 for both CPU and my HUM team, All Madden setting..I was running into the dreaded RB poor cutting..aka bad targeting/vision issue..since I have raised both HUM and CPU QB Acc to 50, the bad running issue disappeared (for the most part)..I mean night and day difference

Also on my set with HUM/CPU QB Acc at 35, I had lowered CPU pass blocking to 30 to have an sort of pass rush..now at 50, my teams pass rush is just killing CPU OL.

This minor adjustment is awesome..I’ll lower QB ratings all day long! I will continue to follow..and adjust my coach Mode settings...now get an Xbox so I can have your playbooks! Lol thanks again for the playbooks as I used them in years past, but have recently switch to Xbox so I’m screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Joe, I agree 100%. I had a set with 35 HUM QBA and 7 CPU QBA and the depressed values there caused a host of other issues with OL/DL interaction, QB AI, and sacks & pick stats that disappeared as soon as I plugged in this set.

As much as I have resisted editing ratings for franchise, if I can get what I want with 3 quick ratings edits to QBs, I'm all in. I was astounded at how much better things play when those QBA values are at 50 for both sides.

I was also really surprised at how much better CPU HB vision has been on this set. Somehow that was getting compromised by other settings. But in the game I ran last night as CLE vs. PIT, Bell was making some amazing cuts; I was blown away. It's not perfect, but it's MUCH better.

And Sabo, funny you mention going to PC next year--Tony and I were just talking about that this morning. I'm not a computer nerd, but it seems like the folks working on those mods are able to do so much more to tune the game how they want than you can on console. As long as they don't crack down on mods, I'm going to have to go CPU in the future myself for customization purposes.

Heck, I wonder if playbook stuff can be handled via mods...
Old 11-15-2018, 08:38 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
And Sabo, funny you mention going to PC next year--Tony and I were just talking about that this morning. I'm not a computer nerd, but it seems like the folks working on those mods are able to do so much more to tune the game how they want than you can on console. As long as they don't crack down on mods, I'm going to have to go CPU in the future myself for customization purposes.

Heck, I wonder if playbook stuff can be handled via mods...
Everything that takes hours becomes minutes with PC in terms of editing playbooks, ratings, traits etc

Not to mention being able to potentially mod in up to date coaches, stadiums, etc

I might end up pulling the trigger in the next few weeks.. I haven't bought NBA 2K on PS4 yet and seeing what those guys do with mods on that game in combination with what the small group of Madden guys are doing, I'm f'ing sold lol
Old 11-15-2018, 08:50 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Everything that takes hours becomes minutes with PC in terms of editing playbooks, ratings, traits etc

Not to mention being able to potentially mod in up to date coaches, stadiums, etc

I might end up pulling the trigger in the next few weeks.. I haven't bought NBA 2K on PS4 yet and seeing what those guys do with mods on that game in combination with what the small group of Madden guys are doing, I'm f'ing sold lol
Hell, if you make the move, I'm gonna have to buy a gaming computer, lol.

Rovert, whose OD roster I always use, made the move, so the roster guy is there. If you head that way as well, it's gonna be hard to justify staying on the PS4.

There has to be a thread for guys like myself who are not super computer literate that offers some guidance about what exactly you need/don't need from a specs standpoint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2018, 11:22 AM   #36
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx

Yep, madden on the PC is the way to go honestly. When I did my global trait edits and it said over 2300 players were updated in seconds. I stared at the screen for atleast 5 min with the biggest grin on my face. All the wasted time during the yrs lol. Plus the modding is a game changer.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:29 AM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
There has to be a thread for guys like myself who are not super computer literate that offers some guidance about what exactly you need/don't need from a specs standpoint.
Same

From what I've found it really comes down to budget and how much you want out of it...

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TbpddX

Found this on Reddit and someone said its just as good as an XBOX One, I'm probably going to pull the trigger on it... very cheap and it gets the job done for what I need... I only play two games a year
and dont really care for ULTRA high settings/4K display...
Old 11-15-2018, 11:30 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Yep, madden on the PC is the way to go honestly. When I did my global trait edits and it said over 2300 players were updated in seconds. I stared at the screen for atleast 5 min with the biggest grin on my face. All the wasted time during the yrs lol. Plus the modding is a game changer.
There soooooo much more sht I want to edit that I will when I get my hands on the PC version... mostly AI game management that no one has touched yet..
Old 11-15-2018, 11:45 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any way to get cpu qb to actually look for superstar wrs and not tes? I feel like there isnt a fear factor when going up against the elite wrs as in the qb isnt really trying to force them the ball,I guess. However it does seem like any te I play is force fed and play like kelce/ertz. Using the default playbooks for cpu on xb1.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:47 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 21

Hope they can track down why there are excessive False Start calls when within 5-10 yards of goaline!! arrrgghhh

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »