Home

How to develop your own sliders?

This is a discussion on How to develop your own sliders? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2019, 09:17 PM   #9
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How to develop your own sliders?

Watch a lot of real NFL game tape. Start testing in Madden with teams you're familiar with. Track stats in Excel to make sure the results you're getting are within NFL averages; Pro Football Reference has league average data available here:
https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../NFL/index.htm

It is a lengthy process and you will likely change your sliders countless times either because of EA's patches or you noticing something in real life that you want to be reflected better in-game

If you have developped sliders in the past, definitely use those as a starting point. You don't have to start vanilla every year.

Read as much as you can about what each slider does before you change anything.

I could go on, and on, and on

Old 01-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #10
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

You can drive yourself crazy trying to get every statistic to match up to real life numbers but you can for sure come close. The stats I have the hardest time with matching to their real life counterparts are Completion Percentage and penalties.

Completion Percentage will somewhat balance itself out over the course of a season but the extreme highs and lows can be a bit ridiculous.

Penalties I try to get the total # of penalties per game per team close. Having a harder time this year. I typically see 2-4 penalties a game for my team and 4-6 for my opponent. I did have a game recently where I had 9 penalties. That was nice.

False start and Def encroachment I see a few times a game. Of course holding and facemask. Occasionally a Def PI or Illegal Touching (had one yesterday). Illegal block in the back is non existent, I miss it. I like a more real life variety of penalties.

Other than that I like a certain feel to my games. I don't look for perfect interactions. Sometimes **** just happens. I adjust til the game just feels right to me.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 01-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I do some with data by collecting stats and putting them into more meaningful stats and some sliders i adjust visually. Coverage and pass reaction are all visual observations while also considering the pass deflections per opponents pass attempt for both HUM and CPU (although catch slider plays a role in that stat as well)

Heres an example of how i do some by data:

Qb ACC:

I sum completions of each cpu and hum over 4+ games, also drops, and attempts and also manually record every time a qb throws away or has a ball hit at the line.

Compute adjusted accuracy for both HUM and CPU, which is (sum of completions)/(attempts-throw aways-drops-tipped balls at line) x 100%. In the NFL, amoung the starting qbs this year, that number was 65%-82%. Try to remain in those numbers and set reasonably (if you have a lower end QB you should be in the 65-70 range).

Wr Catch:

Sum hum and cpu "catchable pass attempts" and "drops" over a series of games. Catchable pass attempts = pass attempts-deflections at the line-throw aways. Drops is something madden tracks in stats and can be recovered at the end of each game. Then calculate the drop rate, (drops) / (catchable targets) x 100%. Nfl drop rates for starting WRs should ve between 0-14% on a per game basis and average bewteen 4-10% on series of games based on WR talent.

Now for visually analyzig coverage and reaction time, i simply lower coverage so that i never or very rarely ever see a DB make a cut on a route before a WR when in man coverage.

For pass reaction i replay plays i feel the DB reacted too fast and analyze the replay to ensure its a realistic reaction time to the pass, lower if the db is reacting instantly as the qb throw animation begins, should be a slight delay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2019, 12:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Watch a lot of real NFL game tape. Start testing in Madden with teams you're familiar with. Track stats in Excel to make sure the results you're getting are within NFL averages; Pro Football Reference has league average data available here:
https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../NFL/index.htm

It is a lengthy process and you will likely change your sliders countless times either because of EA's patches or you noticing something in real life that you want to be reflected better in-game

If you have developped sliders in the past, definitely use those as a starting point. You don't have to start vanilla every year.

Read as much as you can about what each slider does before you change anything.

I could go on, and on, and on
Exactly what i started doing this year and love it (i used PFF and football outsiders). I can upload an excell file for anyone that wants to try this that ive been using.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:51 PM   #13
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by guff
I do some with data by collecting stats and putting them into more meaningful stats and some sliders i adjust visually. Coverage and pass reaction are all visual observations while also considering the pass deflections per opponents pass attempt for both HUM and CPU (although catch slider plays a role in that stat as well)

Heres an example of how i do some by data:

Qb ACC:

I sum completions of each cpu and hum over 4+ games, also drops, and attempts and also manually record every time a qb throws away or has a ball hit at the line.

Compute adjusted accuracy for both HUM and CPU, which is (sum of completions)/(attempts-throw aways-drops-tipped balls at line) x 100%. In the NFL, amoung the starting qbs this year, that number was 65%-82%. Try to remain in those numbers and set reasonably (if you have a lower end QB you should be in the 65-70 range).

Wr Catch:

Sum hum and cpu "catchable pass attempts" and "drops" over a series of games. Catchable pass attempts = pass attempts-deflections at the line-throw aways. Drops is something madden tracks in stats and can be recovered at the end of each game. Then calculate the drop rate, (drops) / (catchable targets) x 100%. Nfl drop rates for starting WRs should ve between 0-14% on a per game basis and average bewteen 4-10% on series of games based on WR talent.

Now for visually analyzig coverage and reaction time, i simply lower coverage so that i never or very rarely ever see a DB make a cut on a route before a WR when in man coverage.

For pass reaction i replay plays i feel the DB reacted too fast and analyze the replay to ensure its a realistic reaction time to the pass, lower if the db is reacting instantly as the qb throw animation begins, should be a slight delay.

Drops and Deflections get miscalculated, you have to watch the games to see what’s actually a Drop. No?

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »