Home

That gameplay tuner in the playcall updates...

This is a discussion on That gameplay tuner in the playcall updates... within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 12-24-2018, 04:26 PM   #1
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0
That gameplay tuner in the playcall updates...

When that first dropped...I couldn't stop the CPU ground game, no matter what I did.

Now it seems to have settled back into the same old chugg...even after restarts.

It prompts and checks the tuner on the bottom...but I swear I feel like it's not there anymore.

Madden makes my head want to barf sometimes...

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Re: That gameplay tuner in the playcall updates...

Yeah. I have been deleting that play call suggestions for couple years or so now figuring I am already being.manipulated enough. Time after time a few games in after new updates things are even worse than before. I am not at that point yet because only played a few times with busy holidays. Also sum of my settings are way different than most so I may not see any regression at all.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:55 PM   #3
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

I also some of the same things. Always have to readjust after the latest patch. This last one wasn't too bad though I'm actually enjoying Madden again not adjusting so much and slideritis not being as bad.

I've also noticed that sometimes you just can't stop Madden. If you had a game where your defense dominated completely best believe you will have a game where Madden "balances out the stats", at least that is what I've noticed in CFM.

DC what do you notice after you have deleted the playcall data?

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 12-25-2018, 03:03 PM   #4
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

I have been deleting those suggestions probably beginning with m17. I can't recall before that. I've been wondering about this profile delete thing though. I haven't done a complete deletion so to speak in a long time. Mine is more of a re-set just deleting and then back so that I don't have to re-install so much,over and.over. I have a feeling.though this affects the gameplay. We are given less and less options.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:08 PM   #5
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

I've just started doing this recently, deleting the "suggestions" file. Tommycoa suggested doing this in his slider thread.

I think it improves the variety of playcalling by the CPU. I'm not sure what else happens though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2019, 09:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I've just started doing this recently, deleting the "suggestions" file. Tommycoa suggested doing this in his slider thread.

I think it improves the variety of playcalling by the CPU. I'm not sure what else happens though.
Lots of testing with this and observations. Playcalling is improved and they seem to stay in personell that makes more sense. If theyíre power, they stay in 2 back sets on 1st and 2nd downs.

I think the tuner is still there even after you delete. This is pure speculation. Hate to even do that. I donít know this for a fact, but it seems like theyíre just using the gameplay update as a way to inject the tuner into the game. We used to have a Tuner save column, but they rarely do tuners anymore, this is the first one i can remember in years. I think the tuner is save where the other patch/updates go. Itís just injected through playcall because thereís no other way to give it to us. Must work different than a patch.

I still see tuner stuff happen with it deleted. No way to know for sure. This is just my best guess.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »