Home

Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2019, 04:06 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience

Cowboys win 21-14.

Game will stay archived if anyone wants to check it out later.

https://youtu.be/xl4WvV7trNI

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 01-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #18
MVP

Re: Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience

Pats/chargers going now.

https://youtu.be/Lr8eD_Pl8wA

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 01-08-2019, 04:27 PM   #19
MVP

Early second quarter and the chargers d dominating the patriots. Bolts lead 7-0. 3 sacks on Brady. The stars making plays on both sides. Ratings really showing in this game.

https://youtu.be/Lr8eD_Pl8wA

Can New England get on track?

Teams finished:
Old 01-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #20
MVP

HCs running one last game tonight. Saints vs Rams. Check it out. this is the best you’ll see madden with default rosters.

https://youtu.be/NfXTDUeXpUE

Teams finished:
Old 01-08-2019, 11:08 PM   #21
MVP

Rams lead 13-3 late in the second, but the saints are driving.

https://youtu.be/NfXTDUeXpUE

Teams finished:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2019, 10:53 AM   #22
MVP

made a huge discovery last night for classic rosters for play now cpu/cpu games. you can set both teams playbooks and uniforms and you dont need 2 controllers. when you pick teams, change their playbooks to generic west coast and find an old uni. after you get the teams set, simply move the controller back to the middle. when game starts, you’ll see them in their classic unis and running split backs, far/near formations. pretty awesome stuff. kind of better than cfm to be honest. cant do this for both teams in cfm. you can but its not easy and i think it messes with gameplay. here it doesnt hurt the gameplay. pretty awesome seeing these teams in classic unis with old school formations.

Teams finished:
Old 01-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #23
MVP

Guys im halfway through editing and adding players to an already existing classic roster file by assante for xbox. I wanted to hold back on sharing them, but im like a kid at christmas morning wanting to share a preview. lot of info here. i’ll make a thread for this in roster section when im done. just want to share it with the die hard fans.

Pigskin fantatics with xbox are in for a real treat when i get finished. Already had 2 PS4 guys buy xboxes for this roster set and Playmakers 90s set. That’s like a Green Jacket at the Masters. I’m seeing things ive never seen with default rosters. it’s an animation fest.

These sliders are a Picasso, the this roster set is the Sistine Chapel.

15 teams down. should be finished in the next couple of weeks.

just catching you guys up on what Ive been up to.

finished teams with playbook suggestions:

playbook guide with explanations: offensive playbook. defensive playbook

bills run balanced. 4-3
chiefs. run balanced. 4-3
cowboys. run balanced. 4-3
eagles. spread for Cunningham/van brocklin run balanced 4-3 defense
falcons. run and shoot. 4-3
49ers. west coast. multiple d
Giants. run balanced. multiple d
jags. run balanced. 4-3
Packers. west coast. multiple d
pats. pats default. multiple d
raiders 49ers/Kyle Shanahan PB. multiple D
ravens. west coast. multiple d
steelers. 49ers PB. multiple d
redskins. 49ers Pb. 4-3
dolphins. run balanced. multiple d

some of these may change. not sure which offense to use with the dolphins. im considering the patriots book. it’s one of the better default playbooks. the reason i dont give them the west coast generic is because qbs tend to scramble 4-5 times a game with this playbook and i saw Marino scramble quite a bit more than i liked. run balanced worked better. still experimenting. the 49ers offensive playbook is this best representation of the old Air Coryell offense ive ever seen. i consider it the generic air coryell book. teams power run and throw it deep.

the generic books seem to work better with these rosters. it’s very hard to explain, but it feels like there’s no assigned situationals and plays aren’t star rated in the generics. the AI just runs their best players and chance to win for most of the game and it also depends on the other teams d. im seeing better pass rush now with the sliders i provided. that was the only gripe i had about this setup. these generic books somehow increase pass rush with no slider adjustments or ratings tweaks.

the run balanced generic playbook. this and run heavy are kind of switched or so i think, run heavy doesnt have as many spread/shotgun forms, but they go to these forms too much it seems. run balanced is way better. its like the west coast book, but doesnt have the far/near or splitback sets. they stay in i/offset i/single back on most 1st and second downs. and throw more intermediate routes. teams that can throw will still throw out of it too. dont be thrown off by the run balanced moniker.

west coast playbook is the best, most diverse playbook in the game. it has every formation you can think of. single back, several i forms, far/near/split backs, shotgun with a 5 wide package. in these early tests, teams are staying under center for the majority of the game. qbs scramble more with this book, that’s why run balanced is an alternative.

run and shoot. a lot like the old offense. qbs scramble. lots of 3-4 wr sets in shotgun pistol and under center. just watched the falcons with Vick running it. was pretty sweet to watch. not much viewing time, 1 game, but it looks good in this one game.

spread-its the west coast offense from the shotgun. zone running backs and athletic qbs should thrive in this.

try to stay away from Run Heavy and Balanced. just never liked these two. balanced is good for a team with two tight ends.they throw to TEs a lot with this book. the run heavy, i just never personally liked it. run balanced is way more diverse to get teams to play to their strengths.

Note on the ravens——combined the old baltimore colts and ravens. johnny u despised the move to Indy and didnt want his name in their record books. all the old colts hate Indy. so i put them in the city they love

just pick two teams and watch them play each other with the controller in the middle in Play Now. This is my setup. seeing great stuff.

HOW TO USE GENERIC PLAYBOOKS IN PLAY NOW
okay this is how to use the generic playbooks and use classic unis in Play Now Just using to example teams: no. not in manage roster. its when you pick the teams.

1. pick the raiders in play now team selection screen
2. go to playbooks. pick the 49ers offense (its the best air coryell on here) and the generic multiple d playbook.
3. go to the other side and choose the 49ers
4. change playbook to west coast generic and 4-3 defense.
5. move the controller back to the middle. these changes save when you move it back. you’ll see montana in the splitbacks/far/near forms some.
6. start the game. do quick presentation.

also you can change the uniforms and use the old classic ones.

these playbooks make this roster/slider setup even more awesome than it already was. pass rush is better and they play more to their strengths. most teams will be the west coast book—WC playbook is the best in the game. its got every formation known to man. But some will be generic run and shoot. 49ers playbook for air coryell. doesn’t matter that they have the same playbook, the 90 qb acc helps keep them in the best, most logical gameplay.

PLAY NOW SLIDERS FOR CLASSIC ROSTERS

For all the doubters of cpu vs cpu, you should check out the last 5 minutes of this Pats/Steelers game. Whole game is fun to watch, but those last 5 minutes, man.
https://youtu.be/kHWvrYJKO_I

For those who thinks this seems scripted because it was close thriller, check out this blowout the Chiefs put on the bears.
https://youtu.be/iJT-wVTSHnE

Thanks to HC00023 for streaming some action. Stay tuned into this thread because he’s gonna try to stream some playoff action in Play Now to see how it goes.

Game just plays way more consistent in play now. CFM is okay, it works good enough, but this game is something to behold in Play Now.

Delete Profile.
Here’s a how-to for xbox:
https://youtu.be/kvMIhj9qUs8

On Intro
Select Sim and Expert

Go to main menu Settings, then go to the third tab SETTINGS
Game Options
Even teams OFF

Skill level: Change it to PRO
Style-Simulation
Quarter length: 10 Minutes
Before you turn the accelrated clock off, set the runoff to 25. Trust me this matters.
Accelerated Clock OFF
Game Speed: Normal

Ballhawk - Off
Ball Carrier special moves: Manual
Heat seeker - Off
Auto Strafe - Off
Switch Assist - Off
Flip Play - off
Visual Feedback - Off
Even Teams - Off

Injuries-40
Fatigue-65
Threshold-40

Go To: ACCESSIBILITY for audio settings. This optimizes gameplay. Got these from Playmakers. Really enhances things. Makes it crisper.

Controller vibrate: off
In Game commentary: 85
Stadium speakers 50
Crowd volume 95
On the field 25

Penalties
Offside-55
False start-25
Offensive holding 65
D Holding 65——>helps keep TE catches down and helps pass coverage as well.
Facemask 50
Block in back-50
Roughing passer 50
def pass interference 95
All the other penalties leave ON

Human and CPU sliders are the same, fill them both in.
If you’re on xbox, go to download files and enter haughtypine7723 and grab the files called TomsCPU, also got a classic roster file that’s sick. Still working sliders out on those classic roster. More to come on that.

Qb accuracy: 90
Pass Blocking 0
Wr catch 50
Run blocking 50
Fumbles 40
Reaction time 50
Int 25
Pass coverage 65
Tackling 35

Special teams
Leave at default 50

Default Auto Subs

One last thing:
When you go to play now, do custom game, choose your teams, go to EVENT TYPE, change it to QUICK PRESENTATION. Makes the game crisper and more synch and also cuts viewing time down by 20 minutes or so. Takes an 1 hour and 15 minutes to watch.

HOW I RATE PLAYERS
How I rate the players. this is an email i sent another dude that was asking why some of the linemen have high agility. i explain other ratings to here.

yeah on the agility thing. its the smaller linemen. if you notice i usually match the agility or get it close to the pass/run finesse blocking rating. their overall strength usually matches the run/pass strength rating.

the older guys were smaller, so i i made them quicker (acceleration) and more agile, but in the 70s with strength. there’s a few with high strength, but its only a few. they kinda fist fight with dlinemen and move them with their feet. and are also great at blocking in the second level and downfield. the newer guys for the most part are bigger, slower, stronger than the old school guys. its been looking really good in cpu vs cpu.

i base every thing on awareness.

most guys i start at 65 awareness. every year they played is a point. but if they make a pro bowl, they get 80 awareness. every pro bowl equals 1 awareness point. all-pro selections=2 points. HOF guy get 95 awareness. the guys that didnt produce as much, Lynn swan, john stallworth types get 95 awareness. helps lower their touches, plus other ratings tweaks.

most times the awareness matches the overall. but not with HOFers. HOFers are rated 90-99. the 90 guys are on the lower end. there’s a few guys thats not in the HOF but are in the 90s based on their all pro and pro bowl selections.

some guys there’s little to enough about. especially older linemen. i kinda got a generic system. say Joe Blow was a guard that made 3 pro bowls and was all pro twice. he’s 6-3 250.

3 probowls +2X2 for all pro=87 awareness.
87 agility
87 acceleration
75 strength
73 speed
87 run block
87 run block finesse
75 run block strength
87 pass block
87 PB finesse
75 PB strength

When I’m done I’ll try to get his overall down to 85 or so for a player with these accolades that looked like they had 2-3 years where they were the best at their position, but never developed beyond that.

Ball carrier vision

80=4.0 yards per carry.
81=4.1
82=4.2

acceleration. this is how i judge how explosive a player is. rbs, wrs, dlinemen, lbs.

Feel free to ask questions. I want to do a write-up on how a rated these guys. Any questions you ask, will be questions others will ask, but they probably won’t be as nice as you. Don’t want to waste the thread with questions and answers, i want people to be talking about the game they just played. Want to get all that controversial stuff in the original post.also plan on doing a writeup page for each team that gives playbook and scheme suggestion.

Jerry rice is faster than i wanted him to be. Hes either got84-85 speed. Had him at 79. Thats how fast he was, but 99 acceleration. But 79 is just too slow for him to be much of a threat. The slower wrs, like largent, Raymond berry and rice need to be at 84-85 to be effective in gameplay. Rbs are fine with lower speed. Emmitt smith has 77 speed i think, and ive seen him go for a 55 yard td. Dallas’s line may be the best on the file when all is said in done. Smith has 4 lanes of highway several times a game.

Teams finished:
Old 01-15-2019, 03:34 PM   #24
MVP

all time pats vs all time 49ers tied at 17 with 3 minutes left in the third. super Bowl presentation.

http://mixer.com/haughtypine7723

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »