Home

Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Operation Sports is Looking for Someone to Help Create and Guide Our Video Content
NHL Trade Deadline 2020 Winners and Losers
The NBA Offseason in an Alternate Universe (Part 2)
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2019, 04:51 AM   #33
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: State Line, Ms
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
Are you guys seeing any sacks? Seems like the QB has all day to throw?


clocked the time to throw by counting by mississippi. i have a southern drawl so these are probably slightly slower than a stopwatch.

these were taken from this game:
https://youtu.be/XI0elOGKrZA

this game went halfway through overtime

mahomes
6 medium wr hurried
3 medium te
3 med wr
2 short wr
2 short wr
3 sacked
2 med wr
4 tipped hurried
2 short rb
4 short rb
3.5 medium rb
2 short wr
3 short rb
3 long wr
6 long wr hurried
3 short wr
2 deep te hurried
3 short rb hurried
4 scramble hurried
2 short wr INTercepted
2 short wr
3 med wr
4 scramble hurried
3 short wr hurried
3 short te
4 deep TE hurried
2 short wr
2 short te
2.5 throwaway
2.5 long wr
3 medium wr
2 medium te
2 short te hurried
1.5 medium wr
3 scramble hurried
3 long te
2 short wr
4.5 long wr
5 med te

113.5 total seconds for time to throw in 39 dropbacks=2.91 seconds per dropback
Pat Mahomes real time to throw 2.91 seconds!
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards
39 dropbacks divided by 11 hurries=82 percent protection

his real protection rate is 82 percent. https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/patrick-mahomes/

11 hurries
1 sack
3 scrambles
averages 2.75 scrambles a game


newton
3 medium te
3 short TE
2 short wr INT hurried
4 medium wr
3 med wr
2.5 medium TE
1.5 hurried te
3 scramble hurried
4 scramble hurried
2 medium TE
2 short wr
2 sacked
1.5 short rb hurried
2.5 med wr
3 medium wr
2 short rb
3 medium wr
3 short rb
3 meg te hurried
3 med te
3 short wr
2 long wr
3.5 medium wr hurried
4 deep wr hurried
2 medium rb
2 short rb hurried
4 scramble hurry
3 medium TE
2 long INT WR
3 long we hurried
2 med wr
2.5 short rb hurries
1.5 long wr
3 short rb
4 medium hurried
2 med wr
2 med wr hurried
2 short te
2 med wr
3 short wr

99.5 total seconds for time to throw/ 40 dropbacks=2.48 seconds
13 hurries
13 hurries/ 40 dropbacks=68 percent protection rate
real life protection rate: 81.9
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/cam-newton/
real time to throw 2.69 seconds. (check the same chart as mahomes link)
2.48 in madden sim
1 sack
3 scrambles averages 7


so from this, we see that mahomes stuff was right on the money, but newton got pressured a little more than his real average. i mean, when you break it down to the seconds, it’s pretty much like the nfl. maybe a little more pressure. not sure. will have to track more of hc00023’s streams.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 01-19-2019 at 04:55 AM.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:39 AM   #34
td7
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, Fl
Re: Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience

Great stuff! What rosters are you guys using for that breakdown?
__________________
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
td7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:15 AM   #35
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: State Line, Ms
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
Great stuff! What rosters are you guys using for that breakdown?
i can’t believe Pat Mahomes stuff was right on the money. Cam’s wasn’t too far behind. this is super advanced stuff here, and you know a slider set is good when you’re clocking the time to throw. not sure if ive ever seen any other slider guy do this test. and if they did, they wouldn’t get results this close to the real deal. the distributions and lengths look pretty good too. couldnt find an updated chart on which qbs throw to what part of the field. when i look at that chart it looks good to me.

the most updated one in play now. i think hc00023 said he made a mistake and was using 38 tackle. i need to change that in the op.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #36
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: State Line, Ms
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience

just gave the op a slight update.

changed tackle to 38.

hc00023 had it at 38 by accident. im not messing with these. this is set is so penciled in, the pencil lead’s tore away the paper where the answer bubble is.

Pat Mahomes is getting rid of the ball with his real average down to the millisecond. cam’s wasn’t mere milliseconds off. enjoy these, guys. when we start getting advanced/next gen stats like this...i don’t know what more we could ask for.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Play Now Sliders

For all the doubters of cpu vs cpu, you should check out the last 5 minutes of this Pats/Steelers game. Whole game is fun to watch, but those last 5 minutes, man.
https://youtu.be/kHWvrYJKO_I

For those who thinks this seems scripted because it was close thriller, check out this blowout the Chiefs put on the bears.
https://youtu.be/iJT-wVTSHnE

Thanks to HC00023 for streaming some action. Stay tuned into this thread because he’s gonna try to stream some playoff action in Play Now to see how it goes.

Game just plays way more consistent in play now. CFM is okay, it works good enough, but this game is something to behold in Play Now.

Delete Profile.
Here’s a how-to for xbox:
https://youtu.be/kvMIhj9qUs8

Go to share files and scroll far right to playcall suggestions. Delete that. Really handicaps the games playcalling logic.

Use the updated rosters. Again, this helps playcalling.

On Intro
Select Sim and Expert

Go to main menu Settings, then go to the third tab SETTINGS
Game Options
Even teams OFF

Skill level: Change it to PRO
Style-Simulation
Quarter length: 10 Minutes
Before you turn the accelrated clock off, set the runoff to 25. Trust me this matters.
Accelerated Clock OFF
Game Speed: Normal

Ballhawk - Off
Ball Carrier special moves: Manual
Heat seeker - Off
Auto Strafe - Off
Switch Assist - Off
Flip Play - off
Visual Feedback - Off
Even Teams - Off


Injuries-40
Fatigue-65
Threshold-40

Go To: ACCESSIBILITY for audio settings. This optimizes gameplay. Got these from Playmakers. Really enhances things. Makes it crisper.

Controller vibrate: off
In Game commentary: 85
Stadium speakers 50
Crowd volume 95
On the field 25

Penalties
Offside-55
False start-25
Offensive holding 65
D Holding 65——>helps keep TE catches down and helps pass coverage as well.
Facemask 50
Block in back-50
Roughing passer 50
def pass interference 95
All the other penalties leave ON

Human and CPU sliders are the same, fill them both in.
If you’re on xbox, go to download files and enter haughtypine7723 and grab the files called TomsCPU, also got a classic roster file that’s sick. Still working sliders out on those classic roster. More to come on that.

Qb accuracy: 90
Pass Blocking 30
Wr catch 53
Run blocking 65
Fumbles 40
Reaction time 30
Int 25
Pass coverage 70
Tackling 38**************hc0023 had it at 38 by accident in the test streams and just realized it.

Special teams
Leave at default 50

One last thing:
When you go to play now, do custom game, choose your teams, go to EVENT TYPE, change it to quick presentation. Makes the game crisper and more synch and also cuts viewing time down by 20 minutes or so. Takes an 1 hour and 15 minutes to watch.

Hope you guys enjoy these for the New Year.

And remember to keep up with this thread for when HC00023 rolls some playoff action.
Sent from my iPad
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #37
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: State Line, Ms
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience

just watched the saints rams game.
here’s the qb charts for this game. i went a step further and estimated the average yards from scrimmage to target. breeze was high on that regard but goff was on the money.

time to throw/target/yards through the air estimate

Brees
3 seconds wr 6 yards
2 TE 3
4 wr 20 a throwaway hurried
3.5 wr 7 hurried
2 wr 8
2.5 te 6
2.5 wr 10
6 wr 6 hurried
1.5 we 4
2.5 sacked
4.5 wr 40
2 wr 3
1.5 we 13
5 sacked
2.5 te 14
2 rb 1
3.5 rb 12
1.5 wr 25
4 wr 40 hurried
1.5 we 17
1 wr 10
1.5 wr 8
3 we 20
2 rb 0
3 wr 20
2 wr 25
2.5 te 9


27 dropbacks
75.5 total time to throw seconds
327 yards from scrimmage to target

2.79 seconds per drop back
12.11 yards from scrimmage to target

real life, Drew Brees is 2.59 seconds time to pass
5.9 yards down field.

Breeze stats in this game
20-26 207 76% 3 tds 7.9 per attempt

Season for drew
74.4 percent (2 percent high but was over the average 7 times and had 80 +percent 5 times)
250 yard (23 yards low but threw in the neighborhood of 207 4 times)
8.2 per attempt (0.3 low)
24.3 completions (4.3 low)
32.6 attempts (6.6 low)
17 sacks. so about 1 a game.
pretty true to life ill say. he threw the ball deeper than real life average. thats about the only true difference here.


goff
3 seconds wr 4 yards
3 sacked
2.5 rb -1
2 wr 13 yards
2 wr 20
2 te 21
7 sacked by coverage
4 TE 3 yards
2.5 te 9
1.5 wr 7
2.5 wr 9
1.5 wr 7
2.5 te 2
2.5 wr 7 throw away
2 wr 3
3.5 wr 25 hurried
1 wr 2
1.5 wr 9
4 throwaway hurry
1.5 rb 0
4 scramble
3 hurried throwaway 5
4 rb 5 hurried
3 wr 2
1.5 wr 6
2 rb -3 hurried
2 we 25

58.5 seconds from snap to pass

175 yards from scrimmage to target

27 dropbacks
2.16 seconds
6.48 yards from scrimmage to target

real seconds 2.94
real yards from scrimmage 7

Stats from this game
16-24 141 66 percent 1 td 1 pick 5.8 avg


Real season average
22.7 completions (6 low but had 8 games with under 20 completions)
35 attempts (11 low but threw 24 passes twice this year)
293 yard per game
64.9 percentage completion ( 2 points high)
12 picks and he threw one here.
sacked 33 times, about 2 a game. was sacked 2 times here.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:14 PM   #38
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: State Line, Ms
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience

Forgot to add protection rate.

Brees was on the money 85 percent in real life 85 if in this test. Pressured 4 times divded 27 dropbacks=0.15. 15-100=85.

Goff pressured 5 times 27 attempts=78 protection rate. Real average 82.



Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
just watched the saints rams game.
here’s the qb charts for this game. i went a step further and estimated the average yards from scrimmage to target. breeze was high on that regard but goff was on the money.

time to throw/target/yards through the air estimate

Brees
3 seconds wr 6 yards
2 TE 3
4 wr 20 a throwaway hurried
3.5 wr 7 hurried
2 wr 8
2.5 te 6
2.5 wr 10
6 wr 6 hurried
1.5 we 4
2.5 sacked
4.5 wr 40
2 wr 3
1.5 we 13
5 sacked
2.5 te 14
2 rb 1
3.5 rb 12
1.5 wr 25
4 wr 40 hurried
1.5 we 17
1 wr 10
1.5 wr 8
3 we 20
2 rb 0
3 wr 20
2 wr 25
2.5 te 9


27 dropbacks
75.5 total time to throw seconds
327 yards from scrimmage to target

2.79 seconds per drop back
12.11 yards from scrimmage to target

real life, Drew Brees is 2.59 seconds time to pass
5.9 yards down field.

Breeze stats in this game
20-26 207 76% 3 tds 7.9 per attempt

Season for drew
74.4 percent (2 percent high but was over the average 7 times and had 80 +percent 5 times)
250 yard (23 yards low but threw in the neighborhood of 207 4 times)
8.2 per attempt (0.3 low)
24.3 completions (4.3 low)
32.6 attempts (6.6 low)
17 sacks. so about 1 a game.
pretty true to life ill say. he threw the ball deeper than real life average. thats about the only true difference here.


goff
3 seconds wr 4 yards
3 sacked
2.5 rb -1
2 wr 13 yards
2 wr 20
2 te 21
7 sacked by coverage
4 TE 3 yards
2.5 te 9
1.5 wr 7
2.5 wr 9
1.5 wr 7
2.5 te 2
2.5 wr 7 throw away
2 wr 3
3.5 wr 25 hurried
1 wr 2
1.5 wr 9
4 throwaway hurry
1.5 rb 0
4 scramble
3 hurried throwaway 5
4 rb 5 hurried
3 wr 2
1.5 wr 6
2 rb -3 hurried
2 we 25

58.5 seconds from snap to pass

175 yards from scrimmage to target

27 dropbacks
2.16 seconds
6.48 yards from scrimmage to target

real seconds 2.94
real yards from scrimmage 7

Stats from this game
16-24 141 66 percent 1 td 1 pick 5.8 avg


Real season average
22.7 completions (6 low but had 8 games with under 20 completions)
35 attempts (11 low but threw 24 passes twice this year)
293 yard per game
64.9 percentage completion ( 2 points high)
12 picks and he threw one here.
sacked 33 times, about 2 a game. was sacked 2 times here.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:48 PM   #39
MVP
 
HC0023's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience

AWESOME WORK !!!! 👊🏈
HC0023 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:16 PM   #40
Rookie
 
chaz2502's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: Tommycoa’s True Sim CPU vs CPU Sliders for Play Now—Most realistic NFL Experience

Hey Tommy,
What are your auto sub settings with this set? If I missed it I'm sorry.
Thanks for the set!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Play Now Sliders

For all the doubters of cpu vs cpu, you should check out the last 5 minutes of this Pats/Steelers game. Whole game is fun to watch, but those last 5 minutes, man.
https://youtu.be/kHWvrYJKO_I

For those who thinks this seems scripted because it was close thriller, check out this blowout the Chiefs put on the bears.
https://youtu.be/iJT-wVTSHnE

Thanks to HC00023 for streaming some action. Stay tuned into this thread because he’s gonna try to stream some playoff action in Play Now to see how it goes.

Game just plays way more consistent in play now. CFM is okay, it works good enough, but this game is something to behold in Play Now.

Delete Profile.
Here’s a how-to for xbox:
https://youtu.be/kvMIhj9qUs8

Go to share files and scroll far right to playcall suggestions. Delete that. Really handicaps the games playcalling logic.

Use the updated rosters. Again, this helps playcalling.

On Intro
Select Sim and Expert

Go to main menu Settings, then go to the third tab SETTINGS
Game Options
Even teams OFF

Skill level: Change it to PRO
Style-Simulation
Quarter length: 10 Minutes
Before you turn the accelrated clock off, set the runoff to 25. Trust me this matters.
Accelerated Clock OFF
Game Speed: Normal

Ballhawk - Off
Ball Carrier special moves: Manual
Heat seeker - Off
Auto Strafe - Off
Switch Assist - Off
Flip Play - off
Visual Feedback - Off
Even Teams - Off


Injuries-40
Fatigue-65
Threshold-40

Go To: ACCESSIBILITY for audio settings. This optimizes gameplay. Got these from Playmakers. Really enhances things. Makes it crisper.

Controller vibrate: off
In Game commentary: 85
Stadium speakers 50
Crowd volume 95
On the field 25

Penalties
Offside-55
False start-25
Offensive holding 65
D Holding 65——>helps keep TE catches down and helps pass coverage as well.
Facemask 50
Block in back-50
Roughing passer 50
def pass interference 95
All the other penalties leave ON

Human and CPU sliders are the same, fill them both in.
If you’re on xbox, go to download files and enter haughtypine7723 and grab the files called TomsCPU, also got a classic roster file that’s sick. Still working sliders out on those classic roster. More to come on that.

Qb accuracy: 90
Pass Blocking 30
Wr catch 53
Run blocking 65
Fumbles 40
Reaction time 30
Int 25
Pass coverage 70
Tackling 38**************hc0023 had it at 38 by accident in the test streams and just realized it.

Special teams
Leave at default 50

One last thing:
When you go to play now, do custom game, choose your teams, go to EVENT TYPE, change it to quick presentation. Makes the game crisper and more synch and also cuts viewing time down by 20 minutes or so. Takes an 1 hour and 15 minutes to watch.

Hope you guys enjoy these for the New Year.

And remember to keep up with this thread for when HC00023 rolls some playoff action.
Sent from my iPad
chaz2502 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.

Top -