Home

Old 01-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #17
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: High motor/Clutch trait

I think I’m going to try turning high motor on for the higher tier players, and for the lower tier players I might leave it on depending what their development trait is
Old 01-23-2019, 01:39 PM   #18
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Thing is for high motor it's an "effort trait" & guys get up quicker when they fall to the ground. Problem is effort cant be measured on a scale, just because a guy has an elite overall that doesn't mean he gives more effort than a 62 overall guard. Way to much grey area & how it can be realistically measured.

I ran into this conundrum too. You are making subjective opinions on who gives that extra effort. It’s why I went down the road of using overall as a cutoff, focusing on the trait’s outcome (better play) versus the label assigned to the trait.

Really no good solutions here.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-23-2019, 01:44 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 6

Definitely a grey area. This should be more like other traits with sometimes, always, often or never as options. And depending on toughness grade, it fluctauates. Some guys dont play as hard when coming back for an injury. Or they “turn it on” only when they need to. None of these traits should be black and white logic with on/off toggle switches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Thing is for high motor it's an "effort trait" & guys get up quicker when they fall to the ground. Problem is effort cant be measured on a scale, just because a guy has an elite overall that doesn't mean he gives more effort than a 62 overall guard. Way to much grey area & how it can be realistically measured.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 01-23-2019, 02:05 PM   #20
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

As josh has stated here and other threads..high Motor is a good thought..but EA is subject to phone calls/[email protected]/ even player on player jokes, to not include a large majority of the players with this trait..

I will continue to adjust it for OLine “off” as i stated it seems to cause unrealistic “eyes in the back of the head” awareness..but I forgot to mention I think this trait does help DE and DT to have more “push” and if not controlling an edge player..causes more organic pass rush again if you not usering that edge player

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 01-23-2019, 03:00 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Some time ago when I really looked into High Motor it definitely gave a big boost to players. As was previously stated, patches have somewhat muted that boost.

It’s my belief that it acts more like an aggression boost. This is most obvious with blocking. With it on the OL looks to block someone, anyone, and seemingly at times know to move to pick up a defender they realistically shouldn’t know to pickup. With it off, they show more patience and will hold their position longer, waiting for a defender to engage. This affect plays out with any offensive player blocking. At a minimum, I think it’s a good idea to turn it off for the OL, as was previously suggested.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2019, 07:12 PM   #22
Rookie

rowanl's Arena

So this is purely my opinion on this. Certain traits are kinda pointless while others need revamped. RAC trait needs removed. EVERY player that catches a pass tries to get more yds.

Big Hitter, Clutch and high motor are for the elite imo.

What madden needs to do is rename High motor to just “Effort” then a player could be rated Low/Normal/High. This would give a more natural curve vs On/Off.

I personally don’t like the stock roster rating as they’re overvalued. I took time editing TFG rosters with a modified iMac set.

I didn’t touch the clutch trait. Just high motor and big hitter for defense.

I’m getting a lot more challenging games and more realistic interactions from each position.

Last edited by rowanl; 01-23-2019 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Update
Old 01-24-2019, 11:40 AM   #23
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I do think a lot of this discussion underscores my biggest issue with the traits. They are static.

In an ideal world, the traits will change dynamically based on a set of player-ratings. So, as players regress/progress, they gain or lose traits. For traits that can't obviously be tied to ratings (looking at high motor and clutch in particular), then EA should just dump them altogether and re-calibrate the game without them.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Starting with last year, I became very interested in traits and how they influence gameplay. I did some research and found some older EA articles addressing traits. Many were directed towards MUT, but I would think the affects would also be present in CFM. Here are some:
Quote:
Per Clint Oldenburg (2016): “All traits always have impact, whether computer controlled or not”.
Quote:
Oblivious trait helps QBs throw more accurate passes when under pressure.
Quote:
Aggressive catch helps receivers hang on to the ball.
Quote:
AWR Impacts on QB (EA Sports Article):
- Used in combination with physical ratings to determine pass trajectory.
- Determines the decision made on option routes.
- Determines QB’s reaction time when scrambling.
- Determines QB’s recognition of threats in the pocket.
- Determines if a QB can throw a ball away.
Quote:
CLUTCH Impact on QB: Boosts OL ratings.
Aaron Boulding of EA Sports:
Quote:
The most important points about traits is that they only change over the course of a game based on events that happen during the game. What we didn’t tell you is that all traits for all players are “in play” and can be affected at all times during a game. So while you are sensing the pressure as Roethlisberger and calculating how many milliseconds you have to fire the ball or when you’re going to tuck the ball and run away, Roethlisberger’s Tight Spiral trait may switch from “Yes” to “No” after a few hits. After he’s gotten to you a few times the pass rusher’s Big Hitter trait may switch from “No” to “Yes” now that he smells blood in the water. A linebacker or defensive back may have his Plays Ball in the Air trait switch to “Aggressive” since he’s seen you throw so many wounded ducks due to pressure and now he wants to go for the pick. The whole point is, A.I.-controlled players will be the ones most influenced by the new Dynamic Player Performance system rather than the players you’re controlling. You’ll be able to understand Roethlisberger’s tendency to hold the ball or tuck and run better when you’re playing against him than when you’re using him.
Wes Reinhart EA Sports (designer of traits):
Quote:
The High Motor trait determines how hard the player will work throughout the play, even when they seem to be out of it.
The Senses Pressure trait allows us to fine tune a quarterback's internal clock. Paranoid & Trigger Happy will feel pressure early. Blitzing these guys may not result in a lot of sacks, but it could force some bad throws.
Average & Oblivious are for those guys who hold on to the ball too long as they wait for the perfect pass to present itself. Blitzing these guys could lead to some big sacks.
The Forces Passes trait has three levels and is very much a risk/reward type of trait. The more conservative quarterbacks will shy away from longer throws, even if their receiver has an advantage. Aggressive QBs won't hesitate to throw that deep post route even if there is safety help over the top.
The Plays Ball in Air trait has three levels and defines how the defender will react to a pass that is thrown in his direction. Conservative defenders that aren't really known for getting lots of interceptions will take a route that sets them up to lay a big hit on the receiver, potentially knocking the ball loose. On the other end of the spectrum are the ball-hawking DBs who love to jump routes and cut in front of the receiver to get that momentum changing interception. Neither of those approaches come without risk, however, as an over aggressive CB can get burned and give up a big play while a conservative LB could get his zone picked apart by an accurate passer.
Donny Moore in reference to the Clutch trait -
Quote:
Something happens in the last 2, 3 and 4 minutes of the game. For instance Tom Brady he is going to start making the offensive line block better for him. They are gonna be able to pass block a little bit longer for Tom Brady. His receivers are gonna have a little bit better catch rating. You are going to see target rating boosts for certain players that makes sense for players in a clutch situation. If a LB has the clutch rating, the entire LB corp will obviously have a boost in the last few minutes of the game in these clutch situations to simulate a guy like P. Manning makes everybody better around him.
Know I do not have the links to the articles themselves. The above are from my notes from reading the articles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »