Home

High motor/Clutch trait

This is a discussion on High motor/Clutch trait within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
High motor/Clutch trait

I know we have been discussing this trait forever it seems, but just curious if anyone leaves this trait on for all the players or only for 90+ rated guys? What difference have you noticed?

Again just curious, as i turn the high motor off for everyone and leave clutch on for the 90+ rated guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2019, 04:49 PM   #2
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Re: High motor/Clutch trait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I know we have been discussing this trait forever it seems, but just curious if anyone leaves this trait on for all the players or only for 90+ rated guys? What difference have you noticed?

Again just curious, as i turn the high motor off for everyone and leave clutch on for the 90+ rated guys
My take:

These two traits seem to be rating inflators on more of a global level.

High motor will give players with the trait a boost throughout the game, while the clutch trait yields a similar effect in clutch situations.

Essentially, these traits cause players to play above and beyond their ratings - in theory.

I am leaving both of these on this time around, and plan to do so for the duration of the cycle, as I have opted to shy away from traits edits.

Trait editing can provide some nice results in terms of gameplay, though that too, can lend itself to unintended consequences just as adjusting sliders can.

It's trial and error, and it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I haven't tested with these traits off much this cycle, but I can tell you that turning them off seemed to have a lesser effect to me than in the past when I did do so; I'll defer to the guys that have spent more time with trait edits this year.

Big hitter is one that I cannot stand due to the animations tied to it, but is relevant to gameplay in terms of causing fumbles, breaking up passes and causing injuries....

If I were to touch any of the traits, I might start my turning big hitter off for all DL, and limiting it to specific S's and LB's.

FWIW, I could also live without high motor and clutch, but I do feel there is a purpose to having them both on for appropriate players.

Your difficulty setting is also essential to the high motor / clutch traits, as they can be overinflated more so on AM.

Turning these two off across the board can make the came feel a little flat.

Hope this helps!

MLB The Show 24 (PS5)
MLB The Show 20 for Classics and BFR (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 16 (PS5)
NBA 2k23 (PS5)
EA PGA Tour Golf 23 (PS5)
NHL 19 (PS5)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren__the_conqueror
Old 01-22-2019, 06:18 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
My take:

These two traits seem to be rating inflators on more of a global level.

High motor will give players with the trait a boost throughout the game, while the clutch trait yields a similar effect in clutch situations.

Essentially, these traits cause players to play above and beyond their ratings - in theory.

I am leaving both of these on this time around, and plan to do so for the duration of the cycle, as I have opted to shy away from traits edits.

Trait editing can provide some nice results in terms of gameplay, though that too, can lend itself to unintended consequences just as adjusting sliders can.

It's trial and error, and it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I haven't tested with these traits off much this cycle, but I can tell you that turning them off seemed to have a lesser effect to me than in the past when I did do so; I'll defer to the guys that have spent more time with trait edits this year.

Big hitter is one that I cannot stand due to the animations tied to it, but is relevant to gameplay in terms of causing fumbles, breaking up passes and causing injuries....

If I were to touch any of the traits, I might start my turning big hitter off for all DL, and limiting it to specific S's and LB's.

FWIW, I could also live without high motor and clutch, but I do feel there is a purpose to having them both on for appropriate players.

Your difficulty setting is also essential to the high motor / clutch traits, as they can be overinflated more so on AM.

Turning these two off across the board can make the came feel a little flat.

Hope this helps!
I 2nd that I've been playing wit certain traits on and off my self a must player traits on is WR HB FB TE RaC on makes sidelines catches on High motor off I really haven't messed wit clutch but makes sense to have certain players wit it just as big hitter certain players should have this trait on wit hit power above 90 also EA roster seems to have most players with this trait on which turns the game into WWF hits on every tackle trait should be on certain players FS SS n LBs maybe some DB rare

Sent from my VK810 4G using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-22-2019, 06:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Something to keep in mind when trying to decide whether to keep High Motor on or off is that generated offensive rookies very, and I do mean very, rarely come with it on.

Looking through more than 10 draft classes, I found 1 HB who had it on. All others I checked (nearly every player drafted above 65) did not have it on. Remember this is offensive players only. The majority of defensive players appear to have it on.

Raider_Ren is pretty spot on with his assessment of the traits. Comes down to personal preference in the end.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:35 PM   #5
MVP

As a classic roster maker, I used the global edits and turned high motor and clutch off for everyone. I made other global edits as well based in iMacs ideas.

However, as the game has been patched, I now regret using complete global edits. The traits have their place and can be used to really differentiate players on the field. Overall, EAs roster overused the high motor trait causing it to basically be useless. I think it is important for some players to have and important other players do not have it.

I think the clutch trait is also important. There is no doubt that some players really excel when they have to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2019, 08:07 PM   #6
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I’m starting to leave the clutch trait on for the high rated players and I might start leaving the high motor trait on for like 85+ rated players. See how that does
Old 01-22-2019, 08:24 PM   #7
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Here is my thought and it only goes for High Motor..my feeling is no OLine should have it on..it seems to cause at times crazy reads by guards in particular, to be able to read when a OT is getting beat, and crazy warping to assist with blocking..I could be crazy..would like others opinion on that

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 01-22-2019, 08:59 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Here is my thought and it only goes for High Motor..my feeling is no OLine should have it on..it seems to cause at times crazy reads by guards in particular, to be able to read when a OT is getting beat, and crazy warping to assist with blocking..I could be crazy..would like others opinion on that

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yes so true with OLine warping and defenders getting sucked into an animation I turn High motor off for all OLine I really don't know if EA fixed any of this but I've been doin this since madden 19 came out plus I see smoother animations when these traits are off like big hitter high motor and clutch. But I might start turning. Clutch on on certain players star players lets see?

Sent from my VK810 4G using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »