Home

Old 05-02-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
"Madden 20 Slider Update?"

Howdy folks. Back around the holiday season there was some talk that EA was going to look into adding sliders. One of the devs admitted that current generation sliders actually took a step back. I would really appreciate the return of the break-block slider setting. As it stands currently, we have an uneven number of sliders with 9, which throws off the way I like to adjust my settings. Have any of you slider folks heard any additional information? Many thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 02:50 PM   #2
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

SLIDERS UPGRADES

Thanks for posting this. For the last few versions of madden I have been wishing for.the return of extra types of sliders options. I vaguely remember a post a few months back, from someone, saying there were some issues with them. Exactly what, I do not know. In m12 I liked the extra option of intentional grounding having a number you.could.select instead of a simple on/off. This slider in particular had a big say as to how the game played. I use to play mostly coach mode but after m16 it has regressed. I heard that m20 will have a stand alone coach type mode. I'm sure plenty will.see your thread and chime in. Can't wait to read them !
Old 05-02-2019, 03:39 PM   #3
MVP

Re: SLIDERS UPGRADES

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Thanks for posting this. For the last few versions of madden I have been wishing for.the return of extra types of sliders options. I vaguely remember a post a few months back, from someone, saying there were some issues with them. Exactly what, I do not know. In m12 I liked the extra option of intentional grounding having a number you.could.select instead of a simple on/off. This slider in particular had a big say as to how the game played. I use to play mostly coach mode but after m16 it has regressed. I heard that m20 will have a stand alone coach type mode. I'm sure plenty will.see your thread and chime in. Can't wait to read them !
The sliders in Madden 12 were the most effective set I've ever experienced. I was able to get a beautifully tuned game, without even touching the CPU side of the fence. I would love it if that slider design became available again. It was very well done IMHO.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:39 PM   #4
Scoreboard

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
The sliders in Madden 12 were the most effective set I've ever experienced. I was able to get a beautifully tuned game, without even touching the CPU side of the fence. I would love it if that slider design became available again. It was very well done IMHO.
Wow, this took me back. I agree with you 100%. Never been the same since.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (PC)
Madden 21 (PC)
Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
Old 05-02-2019, 10:09 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Wow, this took me back. I agree with you 100%. Never been the same since.
LOL, well I played that game for 5 years straight, when I went on hiatus from Madden due to direction Franchise Mode went.

The thing I liked about those sliders were that if you just tuned down the user side of the fence, the sliders set to "Custom Difficulty", rather than the usual All Pro or All Madden etc.... I worked out a way to balance them out so that once you hit an overall point threshold, the overall difficulty played like All Madden with the fast kick meter kicking in, without anything over-the-top crazy.

That game certainly had its shortcomings, but the gameplay felt so organic. I miss that with current generation.

Having to rework sliders now, since CPU cannot run on me at all. Using my "user side only formula", I had to break tendency and raise CPU run blocking, since we know longer have a break block slider. The O-line just isn't holding blocks at all and zone assignments are out of wack, along with RB spinning and juking without reason.

Everything was working fine and I was having great games until this last patch, which claimed it was mostly for stability purposes...

Last edited by edgevoice; 05-03-2019 at 07:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 10:31 PM   #6
Scoreboard

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
LOL, well I played that game for 5 years straight, when I went on hiatus from Madden due to direction Franchise Mode went.

The thing I liked about those sliders were that if you just tuned down the user side of the fence, the sliders set to "Custom Difficulty", rather than the usual All Pro or All Madden etc.... I worked out a way to balance them out so that once you hit an overall point threshold, the overall difficulty played like All Madden with the fast kick meter kicking in, without anything over-the-top crazy.

That game certainly had its shortcomings, but the gameplay felt so organic. I miss that with current generation.

Having to rework sliders now, since CPU cannot run on me at all. Using my "user side only formula", I had to break tendency and raise CPU pass blocking, since we know longer have a break block slider. The O-line just isn't holding blocks at all and zone assignments are out of wack, along with RB spinning and juking without reason.

Everything was working fine and I was having great games until this last patch, which claimed it was mostly for stability purposes...
I'm hoping that CPU running is figured out and is a lot smoother in 20. Not only the decision making, but the flow & look of it is still off to me. Just forced wonky movement that doesn't look natural. Sometimes you'll get that nice looking runs & than those few that look like a train wreck.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (PC)
Madden 21 (PC)
Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
Old 05-03-2019, 07:30 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I'm hoping that CPU running is figured out and is a lot smoother in 20. Not only the decision making, but the flow & look of it is still off to me. Just forced wonky movement that doesn't look natural. Sometimes you'll get that nice looking runs & than those few that look like a train wreck.
Decision making. Biggest issue I am having. Sliders can't fix stupid, but tuning the CPU run block has at least mitigated this somewhat, since the RB is not as quickly faced with a decision due to oncoming defender. I saw some really nice CPU running before the fall-forward issue. Ever since that occurred, not seeing that as much now.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #8
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Re: "Madden 20 Slider Update?"

I just read that the player ratings by e a have been overhauled. A player rating of 75 on m19 will now be a 55. Also supposedly a noticeable difference between an 88 and 90 overall so we shall see. The frostbite engine has also been.changed.for m20. From a mut/competitive standpoint this would drastically.change the gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »