Home

TDawg's Madden 20 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 20 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 08-07-2019, 10:42 AM   #49
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 20 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb79
Can we expect any gameplay sliders for this year?

I don't do gameplay sliders. Never was very good at it. I let the experts handle that in the Slider thread. My go to personally is JoshC1977 or Armor & Swords. They do a fantastic job and have great sets every year.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:45 AM   #50
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

OVR: 20

Hey, Twdawg. Thanks a lot for all your hard work! These are amazing and really make CFM a lot better as a whole. I wanted to give some feedback on something I noticed in regards to fg kickers

Now this may sound crazy but I am 100% positive this is happening. During simulations the AI is attempting a ton, and I mean a TON of fake field goals.

I know this because the cpu has attempted them at least three times I remember in games I've played.

Also, in face of franchise mode on the super sim parts they are attempting a bunch of them as well. My team last game I played attempted two on the same drive, in the first quarter down 6-0!

How do I know they did on super sim? Because my backup qb went 1/1 for 6yds in the game. That was the first fakr field goal that gave me a first down. Then I failed tp get a td again, and they AGAIN do not kick a fg down 6-0. How do I know? Well because the super sim never said missed fg like it would have. Also my kicker had zero fg attempts the entire game. Oh and btw, I was inside the 20 on that drive for the first fake fg attempt.

Honestly, it about kills the game because it costs the AI games, as well as me in the face of franchise mode. The best way to be fair about it is probably to super sim all 4th down attempts and pray the AI makes the right decision.

Sorry this has gotten long. But this is a huge problem imo. And the reason why the sim stats are screwy in regards to kickers. This will also inflate the TD passes you are seeing to an extent. If only there was a stat in game to track fake fg attempts. Trust me, this is happening during simulations. Just no way to see it.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-07-2019, 01:31 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

With your XP sliders and the way the CPU progresses … Should I be progressing players weekly or every four weeks? I didn’t play much madden 19 as I thought the game was a major disappointment… But I remember previous Madden’s we were supposed to do it every four weeks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2019, 02:59 PM   #52
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Here is what I think we will be going with. You'll notice some of these are very close to tdawg's and some are not. There's reasons for each, I can go into specifics if people have questions.

Feel free to use or disregard--99% sure these will be what I will post for my 32-User CFM Sliders (and over time, XP sliders make as much of a difference on gameplay as the actual gameplay sliders, as talent distribution can be so different).

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M20 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 08-07-2019, 05:31 PM   #53
@MikeLowe47

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Here is what I think we will be going with. You'll notice some of these are very close to tdawg's and some are not. There's reasons for each, I can go into specifics if people have questions.

Feel free to use or disregard--99% sure these will be what I will post for my 32-User CFM Sliders (and over time, XP sliders make as much of a difference on gameplay as the actual gameplay sliders, as talent distribution can be so different).

Will your league be running training normally without restrictions using these? Just looking for confirmation.

It's a bummer to lose the game planning element of training as it can help, for example, an average players get a bit of an edge.

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 08-07-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #54
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilElf
With your XP sliders and the way the CPU progresses … Should I be progressing players weekly or every four weeks? I didn’t play much madden 19 as I thought the game was a major disappointment… But I remember previous Madden’s we were supposed to do it every four weeks
Set it to weekly progression. 4 week or end of season doesn't matter anymore as far as progression goes. Only if you want staggered progression but it will all be the same in the end.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-07-2019, 08:46 PM   #55
Rookie

OSfan093's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajiky
To me, doing some training better than bronze, is the equivalent of how a well run organization does a better job of player development. Which I would expect of my organization.

So for those who don't want to just sim bronze every time, that's one way to justify it.

Appreciate all your hard work every year btw Tdawg.
Something I noticed since Madden 19, the CPU does get different training medals, not just bronze. You can confirm this by looking at any player's "progression history" on a CPU team. You should be able to see (if you're at least a good few weeks into the season), that they will earn different amounts of XP from their drills, up to a maximum of 3 different amounts. That XP amount however could be more or less than your players are earning but that is just based on age, Dev trait, and depth chart position. For example a 23yr old CB on a CPU team will probably earn more xp from their bronze or silver drills than your 31yr old CB will earn from gold drills & vice versa. The key thing to note though is that that same player will earn different amounts of XP from his training drills on different weeks.

So for me personally I always play drills to SILVER level, then sim them at silver in the future. I just figure that the CPU on average probably earns around silver level. That being said, most people just sim at bronze and that is totally fine as well since as a human you do get advantages in other ways during a franchise. It's really just personal preference, but simming at gold level every week is an unfair advantage no matter how you slice it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2019, 08:51 PM   #56
Rookie

Oskeyy's Arena

I can’t wait to perfect some sliders to use with these lol. These were great last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »