Home

Fumble Mania

This is a discussion on Fumble Mania within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2019, 09:12 AM   #1
Rookie

ScudDawg's Arena

OVR: 1
Fumble Mania

Looks like the fumble slider needs to be lowered quite a bit, just finished a Giants vs Cowboys game on simulation mode, Elliott and Barkley had 5 fumbles combined.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 09:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fumble Mania

I completely agree. I watched a CPU vs CPU game and there were 4 fumbles caused by the Jets defense. Jamal Adams had 3 of them lol
Old 07-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #3
Rookie

ScudDawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpersak
I completely agree. I watched a CPU vs CPU game and there were 4 fumbles caused by the Jets defense. Jamal Adams had 3 of them lol
yeah it's bad so far, lol.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

I noticed this while watching a few youtube videos. So that is the first thing I did. And I'm still seeing too many fumbles. Especially from QB's. It's annoying.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:04 PM   #5
Rookie

ScudDawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfirex007
I noticed this while watching a few youtube videos. So that is the first thing I did. And I'm still seeing too many fumbles. Especially from QB's. It's annoying.
yep, I got my sliders for fumbles on 0 for player and cpu already, had 2 fumbles the next game so at least that is an improvement.

Last edited by ScudDawg; 07-25-2019 at 03:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 03:35 PM   #6
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Fumble Mania

Correct me if I’m wrong. But I’m almost positive that I’m right..

The HIGHER you set the fumble slider the LESS fumbles you will have.

Edit: I’ve verified this. It clearly states in the main menu “this slider adjusts the ability for you to hold onto the ball. Move this to the left to cause more fumbles”

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Rmiok222; 07-28-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:41 PM   #7
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

https://youtu.be/Z8Q5WUvvZ_c

This is an old video and an old madden obviously but it has never changed. It’s talked about at the 1:40 mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-29-2019, 11:18 AM   #8
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I am wondering if messing with sliders breaks something regarding fumbles. I didn't touch sliders at all when I first got the game and I played 6-7 games as the Browns in play now mode All Pro against many different CPU teams. I didn't see more than 1-2 fumbles in all those games.

So I went and I changed the fumble slider from 50 to 45 for both CPU and player. The very next game against the Seahawks I had 7 fumbles. 5 were turnovers. The worst thing is they were almost all on receivers getting decked as they are running after catch by whacked out WWE style hit sticks by CPU. I catch a ball in open field, run 10-15 yard and get hit and the ball pops out and is scooped up by a defender who gets a lengthy return each time. The ball is not on the ground and I never have a chance to recover.

Same thing happened when Mayfield got hit in the backfield. Ball pops out and bounces straight into a defenders arms. No chance to recover it myself.

I went back and set fumbles to 55 for both teams and played the game again but still had 3 fumbles....all on receivers getting hit sticked. Doesn't feel right. Not when the first 6-7 games there were not enough fumbles and I didn't see these over the top hit animations.

So either messing with the sliders took something way out of balance or one of the patches tweaked this. Or I could be imagining it....but I don't think I am as I didn't even notice these hit stick animations until the fumbles started.

Anyone else seeing this behavior after tweaking sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »