Home

Old 07-27-2019, 02:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 All-pro Franchise sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shards
This is a good point. I haven't played many bad QBs. Rodgers was very effective against me throwing for over 300 yards 3TDs 1INT which isn't unrealistic. I'm not sure what would need to get changed to make it better which is why i am working on the run games first. An effective pass rush can cause a lot of bad passes which is a great addition. Most good QBs will throw very accurately with no pressure.
Ya I definitely agree with you both, I wouldnt want to make lower tier quarterbacks awful just to make good ones throw bad passes occasionally especially since we can get them from pressure. I would prefer them to throw bad passes randomly but I think i would rather find a number in the middle that works ok for all Quarterbacks
Old 07-28-2019, 01:23 AM   #10
Rookie

Shards's Arena

I got to play a few games tonight with the last changes of CPU Run Block 90 and Human Tackle 40.

This was my second year Dolphins with Kareem Hunt, a solid 76 overall Rookie RG and decent 68 overall Rookie C. The defense added Ronald Darby, Jonathan Allen, Robert Nkemdiche moved to 3-4 OLB, a very good pass rushing DE early in the first moved to 3-4 OLB (I traded down from 1 to 8 and picked up a 3rd and 1st next year), and I moved Wilkins to the other DE spot.

The first game against the Seahawks started out pretty good. The CPU was having success running and they actually kept running the ball. Carson was dangerous but he got hurt and the run game slowed down but was still serviceable. I was getting some heat on Wilson and my DBs were solid in coverage and broke up some one on one matchups. Wilson didn't have 100 yards passing at half time and was throwing around 50%. The second half their offense flipped but they were playing catch up. Russel turned things around but still had a very mediocre game with under 200 yards and about 60% passing. Carson had almost 100 yards on 12 carries and the other running backs didn't do bad.

I was very excited to see their run game and even started thinking that I might need to boost tackling up but I stuck with it because you can't tell how they will work after one game. My run game was still too productive so I decided to try to start making my run game harder. I'm going to have go back tomorrow and verify what changes I made but I'm pretty sure I did -10 Human Run Block to start. I thought I would remember it and didn't want to burn more time in my 10 hour trial. I probably don't have a full game left of the trial.

The next game was the Ravens and it was not what I expected. Their running game started off bad. Mark Ingram was around 7 carries for 15 yards at half time. Jackson started the game perfect hitting his TE 5 times and a WR once to start the game. He eventually threw a pick that was tipped in the End zone. He stayed fairly effective and started taking off. He was scary in the open field but eventually fumbled after taking too many hits. Their run game picked up mostly because of Jackson but Ingram also brought his YPC up to just over 3. There was a blocked FG that they ran back for a touchdown and a blocked extra point by me.

After these two games, I was happy the CPU offense can be dangerous in the air and on the ground. I was very happy to see two different attacks but it was weird that they were the opposite of what I expected. The overall numbers were still realistic while keeping the games close.

The next things that need to happen are slowing down my run game and pass game. My Rookie QB had no picks and very good completion percentage. I still have the same WR so they are decent with my top 3 80 overall or higher. This needs to be toned down. I didn't have many bad passes even with some pressure but my QB has decent TUP and I took some sacks so I didn't make a bad throw. I feel like my Run game should be solid with Kareem and Drake backing him up but it still felt too easy.

I'm thinking I want to add the following changes to start to make my offense harder. My WR won a lot of contested passes and we're also open a lot.

Human
Pass Accuracy -5
WR Catch -5
Run Block -20

CPU
Pass Coverage +10
Reaction +10

I will edit my first post with these changes
Old 07-28-2019, 01:34 AM   #11
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Current Settings
Version 2
All-pro
Simulation style
Anything not listed is default
10 min quarters

Human
Pass Accuracy 45 (-5)
WR Catch 45 (-5)
Run Block 30 (-20)
Tackle 40 (-10)

CPU
Run Block 90 (+20)
Pass Coverage 60 (+10)
Reaction 60 (+10)

Last edited by Shards; 07-29-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 06:38 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Current Settings
Version 2
All-pro
Simulation style
Anything not listed is default
10 min quarters

Human
Pass Accuracy 45 (-5)
WR Catch 45 (-5)
Run Block 30 (-20)
Tackle 40 (-5)

CPU
Run Block 90 (+20)
Pass Coverage 60 (+10)
Reaction 60 (+10)
Im with you on almost all of this except Im down to 5 for hum qb accuracy even 2nd and 3rd stringers were completing 80-90 percent of their passes in the small sample size that I tested at 6 im seeing better results at 5! Thanks for your work on the cpu run game seems to be working nice
Old 07-28-2019, 07:38 PM   #13
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern2323
Im with you on almost all of this except Im down to 5 for hum qb accuracy even 2nd and 3rd stringers were completing 80-90 percent of their passes in the small sample size that I tested at 6 im seeing better results at 5! Thanks for your work on the cpu run game seems to be working nice
It seemed like I was even seeing "pressure resisted accurate throw" when the CPU got pressure. My Rookie QB has a decent TUP so I didn't want to go too far. I'll keep your number of 6 for human pass Accuracy in mind as more changes happen.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:36 PM   #14
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Iíll definitely give these a try tonight! I really like default AP except the cpu running game was way too easy to stop. Iíll plug these guys in and report back after a few games! Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-28-2019, 10:42 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
It seemed like I was even seeing "pressure resisted accurate throw" when the CPU got pressure. My Rookie QB has a decent TUP so I didn't want to go too far. I'll keep your number of 6 for human pass Accuracy in mind as more changes happen.
Ok not that anyone is about to go for my qb accuracy anyway but 5 is definitely too low i am really enjoying the rest of these sliders but hum qb accuracy needs to be at least 6
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 12:07 AM   #16
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern2323
Ok not that anyone is about to go for my qb accuracy anyway but 5 is definitely too low i am really enjoying the rest of these sliders but hum qb accuracy needs to be at least 6
I'm suggesting 45 for human pass accuracy or 5 less than the default. I am not suggesting 5 but I could see how -5 could get interpreted this way. I haven't done enough testing to know how far is too far on these sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »