Home

Old 07-29-2019, 12:10 AM   #17
Rookie

Shards's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 All-pro Franchise sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Iíll definitely give these a try tonight! I really like default AP except the cpu running game was way too easy to stop. Iíll plug these guys in and report back after a few games! Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Let me know what you think. I might not get in another game until tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'll have enough time left in my 10 hours to finish a game.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:50 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shards
I'm suggesting 45 for human pass accuracy or 5 less than the default. I am not suggesting 5 but I could see how -5 could get interpreted this way. I haven't done enough testing to know how far is too far on these sliders.
I knew where you were at with 45 for hum qb acc I was just testing with it at 5 and 6 which is way too low I am working my way back up now to 25 currently which still may be too low. I raised Defensive pass interference to 55 and wow what a difference in pass coverage.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:15 PM   #19
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern2323
I knew where you were at with 45 for hum qb acc I was just testing with it at 5 and 6 which is way too low I am working my way back up now to 25 currently which still may be too low. I raised Defensive pass interference to 55 and wow what a difference in pass coverage.
I might need to do some testing with the different pass sliders. The run game was pretty obvious because there was only one slider on each side of the ball that should have an effect but there are a ton in the passing game. I have also heard that ball hawk being on improves the coverage a lot. I think it's on by default but it's worth checking.

The penalty sliders can definitely make big changes to gameplay. In the past, turning up a penalty slider would make the action to cause the penalty happen more often but not necessarily have the penalty called more. For example, you would get more strip attempts if you turned up facemasking. I'm assuming that this happened because the game knew that more facemasks should happen when more players would try stripping the ball. This is probably why coverage for better by increasing interference.

This is where sliders become difficult. When changing the slider that you think should fix an issue, doesn't change what you thought it would.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:24 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
I might need to do some testing with the different pass sliders. The run game was pretty obvious because there was only one slider on each side of the ball that should have an effect but there are a ton in the passing game. I have also heard that ball hawk being on improves the coverage a lot. I think it's on by default but it's worth checking.

The penalty sliders can definitely make big changes to gameplay. In the past, turning up a penalty slider would make the action to cause the penalty happen more often but not necessarily have the penalty called more. For example, you would get more strip attempts if you turned up facemasking. I'm assuming that this happened because the game knew that more facemasks should happen when more players would try stripping the ball. This is probably why coverage for better by increasing interference.

This is where sliders become difficult. When changing the slider that you think should fix an issue, doesn't change what you thought it would.
Ya I mean it makes sense that it penalty settings would impact gameplay just makes it more difficult. I just cant believe how I'm reading that injuries and fatigue factor in so much from the guy Josh who knows his stuff so Im sure its legit what hes tweaking
Old 07-29-2019, 03:27 PM   #21
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Do you agree with the following from default all pro?

- Human QB is too accurate
- Human WR catch almost all contested passes
- Human WR are open too often

We have to be careful to not use the special skills that certain players have to make observations about sliders since they could be way too overpowered. We also need to make sure that we are making observations from large sample sets. I bumped up the CPU run game faster than I normally should have because it was such a glaring problem. I still didn't think the run game was playing up to the absolute minimum. It was hard to watch the CPU rush around 10 times for less than 10 yards. I played some games with the Lions early but I wanted to make sure that Harrison's run defence skills weren't causing the CPU even more trouble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 03:30 PM   #22
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern2323
Ya I mean it makes sense that it penalty settings would impact gameplay just makes it more difficult. I just cant believe how I'm reading that injuries and fatigue factor in so much from the guy Josh who knows his stuff so Im sure its legit what hes tweaking
I saw his comment about injuries making a big difference. Sliders can get so complicated. It might be worth trying the injury change with only my run game changes.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:36 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Do you agree with the following from default all pro?

- Human QB is too accurate
- Human WR catch almost all contested passes
- Human WR are open too often

We have to be careful to not use the special skills that certain players have to make observations about sliders since they could be way too overpowered. We also need to make sure that we are making observations from large sample sets. I bumped up the CPU run game faster than I normally should have because it was such a glaring problem. I still didn't think the run game was playing up to the absolute minimum. It was hard to watch the CPU rush around 10 times for less than 10 yards. I played some games with the Lions early but I wanted to make sure that Harrison's run defence skills weren't causing the CPU even more trouble.
Yes for default all pro QB is too accurate and WR are open too much I don't know about WR catch cuz I have all these adjustments that are making the CPU Defense too strong their breaking up too much right now so I have to find a middle ground. I know what your saying though Im making way to many adjustments without sampling a large amount of games. The best part about this year is that matchups are huge and we really need to consider that when testing.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:15 PM   #24
Rookie

Shards's Arena

I just played a game with the last tweaks and they didn't seem to make the pass game much harder. I did notice more dropped passes during contested passes but my WR aren't as good in this team and my QB is Tannehill. This was played on PS4 while my other games were on PC. (I'm trying to maximize my two 10 hour trials)

This was the first game where I noticed how horrid my defense was covering. I wonder if my dolphins CBs with the addition of Darby, has hidden this or if I just didn't notice it. Regardless, passing was still too easy for me against the raiders. I didn't end up winning the game but I threw some dumb passes and wasn't playing my best. I still ended up with 70% completion rate and over 300 yards. Carr tore me up but i left AB in single coverage and that was exploited a few times.

The CPU run game started slow. Jacobs was 10 for 15 yards but his backup did decent with 6 for 25. This isn't great but it's still within the threshold of a bad game.

My takeaway from this game was that both passing games are too effective and my run game night still be too good since I was still averaging over 6 yards a carry. The CPU coverage seemed decent but mine was horrible. I think I might throw make the change of boosting the injury slider up like joshc suggested.

Human Throw Accuracy at 45 is too high but I'm not sure if the CPU needs to be turned down since my coverage was so bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »