Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 07-28-2019, 02:28 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Played only a half with these before Enforcer ability caused me to rage quit. I played the same opponent twice and their Enforcer forced 8 fumbles across 5 quarters. That needs to be tuned in the worst of ways, but that's obviously just a mini rant that has nothing to do with the sliders lol.

The CPU went 14-14, really didn't push the ball downfield but once. My QB went 16-19 with two of my incompletions coming by missing a checkdown by about 10 yards. That's been happening with several slider sets tho so maybe it's just the dice roll programming aspect.

One thing I did notice in these sliders that I haven't seen was the AI sort of freezing when pursuing the ball. This happened by both the CPU and my AI teammates.

https://youtu.be/EVVSubazFcs

Couldn't really get enough gameplay for a lot of info, but the run pursuit hiccups happened on several run plays.
This is kind of my scare with Superstar Abilities. It's fairly impactful in an RPG kind of way. I watched Esco play with it on and there didn't seem to be too many issues.

Not sure about the pursuit. Nothing was changed other than threshold that could really affect it afaik.

I'd advise to try these same games without superstar abilities on to get a clear picture. Wouldn't call them my sliders since I've never played with them on. I'll get to testing though.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:40 PM   #18
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Well my test game Saints Vs Texans (me) didnít go well at all. The SA abilities may have to be turned off or just a lot of testing needs to be done? But brees was literally unstoppable. 19/21 250 Yards 2 TDs before halftime. It didnít feel completely cheesy but we hardly attacked downfield. But Iím seeing this in general where QBs donít really push the ball downfield. It would suck if we had to turn SA off but Iím noticing with it on as well, tons of fumbles from the guys with the abilities.

Question for you Matt since you been testing with it off. Did the elite players still stand out?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-28-2019, 02:41 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spelunker_
So in my last post I talked about RoboQB's. I realized that I didnt do the sliders in the Main menu, and instead it was in CFM. Once I changed it into Main menu and then imported them into CFM the gameplay was smooth, RoboQbs seemed to go away. I also did some testing with SA On. Fumbles seemed to still be an issue with the defenders with abilities always hit-sticking for fumbles. I adjusted fumbles to 80 (Which seemed to be my sweet spot in the slider testing I've done)

I played 1 and a half games.
Game 1: Rodgers threw like 80% which I think is perfectly fine and normal, esp when its an elite QB.
Game 2: Eli Manning was like 7/13 which I also think is fine. so those issues are sorted.

Currently I think the state of gameplay with the slider's you made along with my own personal touch is very playable, and I'm having a lot of fun.
That's good to hear confirmation that the MM / CFM menu adjustment is important. It's bizarre, but there is no surprise considering the game has discrepancies as a whole.

Maybe that option for fumbles at 80 can work for those who are using the Superstar Abilities. I personally do not know enough of how the game plays in franchise with it on. Are fumbles the only significant element that is affected?
Old 07-28-2019, 02:47 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I played a game with this and it felt really good. Honestly it was better than any game I played all last year. So much smoother this year. I struggled stopping the run but it wasnít anything crazy. Indy scored 31 on me. Luck was great but for sure not RoboQB. He was at like 68% passing for the game.

Also this year pressuring the QB means everything, as it should. If you put pressure on the qb they make mistakes

Always a good sign when the QB is under 70% but CPU still puts up decent scoring amount. How was the QB's long passing game? I've liked what I've seen at times when all routes are covered and the CPU opts to play the short of the first down instead of risking a shot down the field. Hadn't seen that before as CPU QB was constantly trying to break my secondary deep.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:16 PM   #21
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Well my test game Saints Vs Texans (me) didnít go well at all. The SA abilities may have to be turned off or just a lot of testing needs to be done? But brees was literally unstoppable. 19/21 250 Yards 2 TDs before halftime. It didnít feel completely cheesy but we hardly attacked downfield. But Iím seeing this in general where QBs donít really push the ball downfield. It would suck if we had to turn SA off but Iím noticing with it on as well, tons of fumbles from the guys with the abilities.

Question for you Matt since you been testing with it off. Did the elite players still stand out?

Disregard my post guys... when I loaded madden this morning, it asked me to pick from my previous saved profiles and I guess I picked the wrong one. Had the wrong settings. Testing again and seems way better now. Sorry!!!

I will agree though fumbles could be looked at if you got SA on. Seen a lot.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 03:22 PM   #22
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Always a good sign when the QB is under 70% but CPU still puts up decent scoring amount. How was the QB's long passing game? I've liked what I've seen at times when all routes are covered and the CPU opts to play the short of the first down instead of risking a shot down the field. Hadn't seen that before as CPU QB was constantly trying to break my secondary deep.

Well TY hilton had a 60 yard catch against me so Iíd say itís okay from that one game I played. One thing I liked a lot was Andrew luck was even ďin the zoneĒ and I picked him off. I was afraid when I saw this feature on YouTube before the game came out that when a qb was in the zone heíd turn into a super robo qb and that wasnít the case which was nice to see. The two QBs Iíve played against were Alex smith and Andrew luck. I noticed a massive difference between playing the two, something last year I didnít notice at all because It didnít matter if I was playing against mahomes or Keenum i got torched routinely either way.

To sum it up I think this is a fantastic V1. Cpu all madden feels a lot less automatic this year. I know itís not perfect but the AI pass coverage is much better this year than last as well.

Last edited by Rmiok222; 07-28-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:47 PM   #23
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

I feel like Iím going to be indecisive with all pro or all madden this year. If user offense can be toned down on all pro it would be perfect because user defense on all pro is almost perfect.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:51 PM   #24
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Disregard my post guys... when I loaded madden this morning, it asked me to pick from my previous saved profiles and I guess I picked the wrong one. Had the wrong settings. Testing again and seems way better now. Sorry!!!

I will agree though fumbles could be looked at if you got SA on. Seen a lot.

You had me nervous lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »