Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2019, 11:22 AM   #2657
Rookie

runsondunkin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies6f
I always let my players just play out their ratings.

The main issue is that I’ve found I can just play Cover 3 with overtop and outside shading all game and let the CPU dink and dunk their way to the red zone. Then in the red zone play inside shading and rarely give up points. I think maybe if there were more effort from the CPU to extend plays and push the ball downfield or the threat of a CPU run game it’d be a bit different. But playing the same call all game is boring.

I just started my third franchise, I thought the lack of CPU run game was due to me having elite front 7s in my past franchises, but in this one I have Chandler Jones, Michael Brockers, Chris Jones, and a Rookie on the line, plus Hicks and Reddick (who have poor block shedding) and I still haven’t allowed a 100+ yard rusher. The eagles ran for 100+ on me but with multiple backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I have found that the run game for the cpu is the key to it all. Better down and distance for the cpu is what makes them call better plays. It also forces use of different defensive plays because we can’t just sit in cover 3 like you said when getting run up on. Then you may have to blitze or stack the box. It’s just hard finding sliders that don’t run bad running teams into elite or have good teams average 1 yard a carry. I think the key is the run game . I’m working tackling down for the user and rb up slowly

Old 10-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #2658
Rookie

Anybody having an issue with players with injuries not showing up on the chart?

Old 10-13-2019, 12:10 PM   #2659
Rookie

elnino457's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsondunkin
I have found that the run game for the cpu is the key to it all. Better down and distance for the cpu is what makes them call better plays. It also forces use of different defensive plays because we can’t just sit in cover 3 like you said when getting run up on. Then you may have to blitze or stack the box. It’s just hard finding sliders that don’t run bad running teams into elite or have good teams average 1 yard a carry. I think the key is the run game . I’m working tackling down for the user and rb up slowly

I agree with you

If you are not afraid of the run game, you can concentrate fully on the pass

reports how that works with the downscrewing tackling
Old 10-13-2019, 04:05 PM   #2660
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsondunkin

Yeah that’s what I think. In the red zone as well, I’m not afraid of them running it in and can also just drop into coverage. Has anyone experimented a bit with the run block slider?

Like you said I don’t want to have bad rushing teams be elite but it’s been pretty easy for me to play elite defense regardless of my personnel. Again, without usering anyone on my defense.

Old 10-13-2019, 04:45 PM   #2661
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

Just adding on, Jordan Hicks and Hasson Reddick are 1 and 2 in the league for tackles rn (my two starting ILBs). I have a solid D line but I don’t think it’s elite to the point that two average to below average block shedding LBs should be 1st and 2nd in tackles

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2019, 06:00 PM   #2662
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Just a reminder that Matt’s mission statement says his sliders are all about gameplay not stats. Not making excuses, just throwing it out there.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:55 PM   #2663
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Just a reminder that Matt’s mission statement says his sliders are all about gameplay not stats. Not making excuses, just throwing it out there.

I don’t think any of us are complaining about stats? It’s more the fact that I can call cover 3 all game and force the CPU to take short passes down the field cause I know they can’t get redzone TDs. I have a front 7 that should be mediocre at best stopping the run and haven’t allowed a single rushing TD.

The fact my LBs have so many tackles is not a stat complaint, I just think it’s indicative of how good they’ve been in run D and how clean my D line has kept them when they really shouldnt be.

Last edited by phillies6f; 10-13-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:17 PM   #2664
Rookie

Hey , I've heard people talk about the injury slider and saying it's set way different then 10...at first I heard it was up to 13 but now I seen some where people have it to 35 within franchise?? I have simulated 4 years of a All Madden , 10 minute quarter Franchise and I am in year 5 and looking through most of the teams I hardly see a injury. Typically I don't care for injuries to play a role but I feel like playing a realistic franchise build should include more of a role....So what should I set injuries to in 10 minutes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »