Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2019, 09:58 PM   #57
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Matt I have a question though and I’m sure you have an answer since you know way more about this than me. Why wouldn’t simply raising pass coverage and reaction help tighten it up as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-29-2019, 10:25 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Matt I have a question though and I’m sure you have an answer since you know way more about this than me. Why wouldn’t simply raising pass coverage and reaction help tighten it up as well?

Hypothetically it should. Unfortunately, with the coverage bugs, it doesn't affect too much. I've raised it high, and it will hurt the aggression to be even higher, so they take more terrible angles.

Reactions could go higher, but won't help if they aren't closer to begin with, hence the threshold.

My issue is still the CPU QB just finding the perfect pass, and the RAC afterwards.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:42 PM   #59
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCBasketball
Look forward to testing tomorrow. Unfortunately I’m too old to drive 20 minutes to pick it up tonight when I will be on that side of town tomorrow, but I plan on testing first thing in the afternoon. Raising threshold makes sense, but if you fix the CPU QB stuff and DB coverage it’s a solid game.
The Game comes out 2night???
Old 07-29-2019, 10:58 PM   #60
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreengutta
The Game comes out 2night???

The $80 edition does. Superstar edition or whatever it’s called

Old 07-30-2019, 09:46 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Version 3 comes out early today.

Slider Update Log

7/30/19 - Had to sneak in a couple more tests, and found that the reality of the QB and WR needs to be addressed because the very weak pass coverage. So, CPU QB is taking a hit down, and WR is incremental so there are more contested drops.

QB Accuracy: 15/25 (prev: 25/25)
• Reluctantly changing this value because I like the aggression on the QB at 25+, but the issue is they try too many deep balls, which are easy to complete due to poor user coverage. With it at 15, the CPU will make some off the mark throws, but also make some throws that are not right in the numbers. They will not try to squeeze passes into tight windows as much which alone should calm things down a bit.

WR Catch: 45/45 (prev: 48/48)
• A slight drop for both to help the receivers who can secure the ball to stand out versus those who shouldn't be able to hold on after absorbing some strip or big tackles. Needed more error in the right spots, but not overdone like it would be values lower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #62
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Version 3 comes out early today.

Slider Update Log

7/30/19 - Had to sneak in a couple more tests, and found that the reality of the QB and WR needs to be addressed because the very weak pass coverage. So, CPU QB is taking a hit down, and WR is incremental so there are more contested drops.

QB Accuracy: 15/25 (prev: 25/25)

• Reluctantly changing this value because I like the aggression on the QB at 25+, but the issue is they try too many deep balls, which are easy to complete due to poor user coverage. With it at 15, the CPU will make some off the mark throws, but also make some throws that are not right in the numbers. They will not try to squeeze passes into tight windows as much which alone should calm things down a bit.

WR Catch: 45/45 (prev: 48/48)

• A slight drop for both to help the receivers who can secure the ball to stand out versus those who shouldn't be able to hold on after absorbing some strip or big tackles. Needed more error in the right spots, but not overdone like it would be values lower.

Hey Matt. It says on your post human/Cpu and then for accuracy it says 15/25. I’m assuming judging from your last from your post you meant that the other way around right?

Old 07-30-2019, 10:19 AM   #63
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Matt10 I would rename the Minimum Player Threshold listing in your guide to the new name Player Speed Parity Scale just to not confuse anyone new to your sliders . The new name actually makes more sense than the old name anyway.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:47 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Hey Matt. It says on your post human/Cpu and then for accuracy it says 15/25. I’m assuming judging from your last from your post you meant that the other way around right?

Woops - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Matt10 I would rename the Minimum Player Threshold listing in your guide to the new name Player Speed Parity Scale just to not confuse anyone new to your sliders . The new name actually makes more sense than the old name anyway.
Good call. Yeah, I'm an oldie and am used to threshold because Speed should be straight up Pace, but that value is so much more than just speed which causes separation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »