Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2019, 06:00 PM   #857
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: May 2006
Blog Entries: 6
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

So not bashing or anything just a legit question. I am looking at the sliders and I do not see much has been changed from the default sliders. Just the injuries and clock time and the accelerated clock off and the help stuff. (auto strafe etc.) There might be few others I am missing. But Is there something else I am missing? I just want to make sure so I enter them correctly, seems like people are getting some good games from these sliders.
trey2k198003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:59 AM   #858
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

@Josh:
Great read on how your franchise is going. As a lifetime Dolphins fan I know the struggles of drafting the wrong QB ;-)
One question that comes to mind - if you're looking for a new PB, why don't you just create your own PB? In my offline franchises (I have two franchises running, one with the Dolphins, one with the Air Raid Cardinals) I usually create my own PB just before preseason starts. These PBs are taylored to my roster. I just drafted a stud receiving-type RB (80 OVR, hidden dev), so I went to the PB creator and edited my PB to get the best of my RB (bringing in some more 2-back sets, adding some empty formations where the RB is lined up wide or in the slot, etc.). That kind of gameplanning and strategizing is one of the most fun parts of the game to me. But I never tinker with the PB during the season, I only change things between seasons.
__________________
My Miami Dolphins HC 09 dynasty:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ns-career.html
burnum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:08 AM   #859
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 9,106
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
So not bashing or anything just a legit question. I am looking at the sliders and I do not see much has been changed from the default sliders. Just the injuries and clock time and the accelerated clock off and the help stuff. (auto strafe etc.) There might be few others I am missing. But Is there something else I am missing? I just want to make sure so I enter them correctly, seems like people are getting some good games from these sliders.
You're reading it correctly. Simplicity is a virtue, especially with this game.
__________________
If you aren't accountable for your "losses", you shouldn't take credit for your "wins".
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:20 AM   #860
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 9,106
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
@Josh:
Great read on how your franchise is going. As a lifetime Dolphins fan I know the struggles of drafting the wrong QB ;-)
One question that comes to mind - if you're looking for a new PB, why don't you just create your own PB? In my offline franchises (I have two franchises running, one with the Dolphins, one with the Air Raid Cardinals) I usually create my own PB just before preseason starts. These PBs are taylored to my roster. I just drafted a stud receiving-type RB (80 OVR, hidden dev), so I went to the PB creator and edited my PB to get the best of my RB (bringing in some more 2-back sets, adding some empty formations where the RB is lined up wide or in the slot, etc.). That kind of gameplanning and strategizing is one of the most fun parts of the game to me. But I never tinker with the PB during the season, I only change things between seasons.
Well, fortunately, it appears my new rookie QB could be a keeper....but we'll see how it pans-out long term. Having gone 4 straight years without a playoff berth has been frustrating (but in a good way). We avoided quick fixes and built through the draft and it is beginning to pay off big time. We're off to a 4-2 start in year 5 and am hoping we can keep some momentum.

I've never dabbled in creating my own books...it just doesn't interest me. I can appreciate what you're saying, but it just...I don't know...for me, I'd feel like I was wasting my gaming time to put one together. I'd rather go the next chapter of the story and see how the story continues to unfold.
__________________
If you aren't accountable for your "losses", you shouldn't take credit for your "wins".
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:04 AM   #861
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2019
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well, fortunately, it appears my new rookie QB could be a keeper....but we'll see how it pans-out long term. Having gone 4 straight years without a playoff berth has been frustrating (but in a good way). We avoided quick fixes and built through the draft and it is beginning to pay off big time. We're off to a 4-2 start in year 5 and am hoping we can keep some momentum.

I've never dabbled in creating my own books...it just doesn't interest me. I can appreciate what you're saying, but it just...I don't know...for me, I'd feel like I was wasting my gaming time to put one together. I'd rather go the next chapter of the story and see how the story continues to unfold.
Hey Josh! Been watching your streams.. just curious what defensive adjustments do you do pre-snap? Thanks for these sliders btw! Currently on year2 of my bills franchise with a 6-3 record.
redzrojas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2019, 09:09 PM   #862
MVP
 
Koosa1027's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
You're reading it correctly. Simplicity is a virtue, especially with this game.
Whats up Josh. I would like to watch some of your streams. Where can I find them??

UPDATE: I FOUND YOU ON TWITCH
~Koosa1027~
__________________
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~

Last edited by Koosa1027; 10-17-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Koosa1027 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #863
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 9,106
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

I'm taking a hiatus from Madden for a bit. I'm super frustrated by yesterday's patch and it increasing the size of the in-game icons. They're utterly distracting and an eyesore - one of the best things about Madden 20 was that they shrunk those down....now even that is gone.

I know...it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and I'll probably get over it. But my annoyance with that issue right now is going to a) cloud my ability to enjoy the game right now and b) my ability to objectively evaluate the gameplay.

Going back to MLB: The Show for a while.
__________________
If you aren't accountable for your "losses", you shouldn't take credit for your "wins".
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:02 AM   #864
Scoreboard
 
Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,894
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm taking a hiatus from Madden for a bit. I'm super frustrated by yesterday's patch and it increasing the size of the in-game icons. They're utterly distracting and an eyesore - one of the best things about Madden 20 was that they shrunk those down....now even that is gone.

I know...it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and I'll probably get over it. But my annoyance with that issue right now is going to a) cloud my ability to enjoy the game right now and b) my ability to objectively evaluate the gameplay.

Going back to MLB: The Show for a while.
Just another reason to jump to PC Josh in the future lol, this can be fixed in seconds. Not sure why they chose to do that.
Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.

Top -