Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-01-2019, 10:48 AM   #81
Rookie

titanswin53's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

I should have added from my previous post, Titans vs Browns game, that all the Facemask calls I saw were my CPU guys, since I play no switch. So it wasn't from me doing the tackling.

2nd game vs the Colts, ended up blowing them out at home(Very possible) 33 to 13. Only saw 1 facemask call.

But the score doesn't show that it was a tight 13 to 6 game at halftime. Luck was Luck but 3rd downs I either got really good pressure for a bad pass or a sack to kill drives.

I do feel for my play I need to handicap my offense a bit.

My trial ran out, so gotta wait til tomorrow. Going to try QB ACC at like 48 and blocking at 48 so CPU gets more pressure.

Edit: This on AP with exact Sliders for everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 12:19 PM   #82
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I didn't actually start my franchise last night (well, I did....I just didn't play my first game). I decided to look further at the RTP and FM penalty sliders.

I can get behind lowering FM to 50. It will probably help reduce shed and hit power ever so slightly - not bad things. I'm worried about it nerfing pursuit....which is questionable "as is". I'm going to put it down as an option and will test it out a bit more to see where I land.

RTP....I'm going to leave it as "User's Choice" with the following observations:

51 RTP
  • Pro: QBs will look off of primary receiver more readily.
  • Pro: More variety in pass distribution
  • Pro: Smarter QB play in the pocket since they are not 'locking-on' to primary.
  • Pro: More aggressive pass rush
  • Con: You MAY see too many RTP calls (most of which are dubious if you go back and watch the replay). There is also a bug where defenders will get called for RTP on turnover returns (I reported it to Clint with video evidence).

50 RTP
  • Con: No RTP calls...period (for a game representing a league that is highly protective of their QBs)
  • Con: CPU QBs will lock onto primary more - leading to more dump passes and higher comp % (i.e. RoboQB)
  • Con: Reduced pass rush
  • Con: You will see more plays where CPU QBs behave badly in the pocket (constantly backing-up for example)

I'm sticking with 51 personally but I can understand people being annoyed with the calls (as a side note: if you're worried about the CPU getting called for them too often, you always have an option to decline).

So, that's where I stand right now. We haven't even hit the full launch day and we're down to two "user choice" penalty settings. Everything else (coverage glitchiness aside - which will need a patch) is spot-on. Fortunately, it looks like we have another year where no gameplay sliders are needed on All Pro!!

Unless I get diverted, I'll be starting my Week 1 preseason game tonight!

Edit: This also means that until I complete the three season minimal required sample size outlined on the OP, I will not be making any further adjustments to this set (acknowledging some possible waffling on those two penalty sliders). The only exception will be if we receive a significant gameplay-altering patch. I highly recommend all of you consider doing the same and just kick back and let the ratings shine.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-01-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:19 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I didn't actually start my franchise last night (well, I did....I just didn't play my first game). I decided to look further at the RTP and FM penalty sliders.

I can get behind lowering FM to 50. It will probably help reduce shed and hit power ever so slightly - not bad things. I'm worried about it nerfing pursuit....which is questionable "as is". I'm going to put it down as an option and will test it out a bit more to see where I land.

RTP....I'm going to leave it as "User's Choice" with the following observations:

51 RTP
  • Pro: QBs will look off of primary receiver more readily.
  • Pro: More variety in pass distribution
  • Pro: Smarter QB play in the pocket since they are not 'locking-on' to primary.
  • Pro: More aggressive pass rush
  • Con: You MAY see too many RTP calls (most of which are dubious if you go back and watch the replay). There is also a bug where defenders will get called for RTP on turnover returns (I reported it to Clint with video evidence).

50 RTP
  • Con: No RTP calls...period (for a game representing a league that is highly protective of their QBs)
  • Con: CPU QBs will lock onto primary more - leading to more dump passes and higher comp % (i.e. RoboQB)
  • Con: Reduced pass rush
  • Con: You will see more plays where CPU QBs behave badly in the pocket (constantly backing-up for example)

I'm sticking with 51 personally but I can understand people being annoyed with the calls (as a side note: if you're worried about the CPU getting called for them too often, you always have an option to decline).

So, that's where I stand right now. We haven't even hit the full launch day and we're down to two "user choice" penalty settings. Everything else (coverage glitchiness aside - which will need a patch) is spot-on. Fortunately, it looks like we have another year where no gameplay sliders are needed on All Pro!!

Unless I get diverted, I'll be starting my Week 1 preseason game tonight!

Edit: This also means that until I complete the three season minimal required sample size outlined on the OP, I will not be making any further adjustments to this set (acknowledging some possible waffling on those two penalty sliders). The only exception will be if we receive a significant gameplay-altering patch. I highly recommend all of you consider doing the same and just kick back and let the ratings shine.
This is interesting, thanks for the recap of Pros/Cons. Just out of curiosity, what effects do you believe the other penalty sliders have on gameplay. For instance, does DPI at 51 lead to different results in coverage?
Old 08-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #84
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
This is interesting, thanks for the recap of Pros/Cons. Just out of curiosity, what effects do you believe the other penalty sliders have on gameplay. For instance, does DPI at 51 lead to different results in coverage?
They all have seem to have some effect, but I have not fully evaluated any of them in this year's game so I am going to refrain from speaking on them. The necessity to record observations on RTP were forced based on my initial observations and are still subject to the 3 season sample size review.

Also bear in mind that an evaluation of 50 vs 51 on a slider is vastly different than, say, evaluating 50 vs 75 on that same slider - the effects can change as the differences between assessed values grows. Same goes for gameplay sliders.

For that reason I will ALWAYS suggest that people test things out for themselves. Look at one variable at a time and record their own observations. Too many people try a mish-mash approach and for every 1 person who gets lucky and picks a good combo, 100 more screw themselves.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-01-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:27 PM   #85
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Big update tonight and it was completely found by accident. Guys, there is a new penalty slider that was overlooked - Illegal Man Downfield. Turn this on in the main menu. Here's the thing, you have to turn it on at the start of each CFM game (from inside the game menu - it is NOT present within the CFM slider screen).

A few of us tested and it really seemed to help a LOT of warts in the game. Coverage is better (still not perfect), I've seen much better tackling dynamics, and the overall balance of the game is much better.

Here is the new setup! I have reverted everything back to 50 (for the time being).

Part A: Main Menu Settings/Sliders:
Difficulty - All-Pro

Injuries - 50
Huge impact here. This tightens up how close the players play to one another. At the default setting, there are huge gaps in coverage.

Fatigue - 50

Quarter Length - 10 Minutes
Acc Clock - Off
Min Threshold - 50

Ballhawk - On
This is a huge change from previous years. This is a key setting right now as it is tied into pursuit and it forces the CPU-controlled defenders to actually cover their guys more. With it off, they will often try for INTs, and it creates a mess by leaving huge gaps open.

Heat seeker - Off
Switch Assist - Off
Flip Play - Off
HB Moves - Manual

All gameplay sliders, auto subs, and penalty sliders (make sure to turn on Illegal Man Downfield) in the Main Menu are default!!

Part B: CFM Settings/Sliders:
Keep all the settings above the same as the main menu when setting up your CFM.

CFM Sliders
Step 1: go to your CFM sliders and hit the reset button
Step 2: Exit slider screen
Step 3: At the start of each game, go to the penalty menu screen. Turn ON the penalty called Illegal Man Downfield.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2019, 01:56 AM   #86
Banned

OVR: 0

Little confused here,are any of the sliders changed or are they the default sliders?
Old 08-02-2019, 05:25 AM   #87
Banned

Can someone please help and tell me how to slide with your qb when scrambling? I keep diving and it fumbles almost every time if I get hit. I do not see this in the controls option. Thanks
Old 08-02-2019, 06:39 AM   #88
Pro

vertman's Arena

[quote=Infowarrior1776;2049855492]Can someone please help and tell me how to slide with your qb when scrambling? I keep diving and it fumbles almost every time if I get hit. I do not see this in the controls option. Thanks[/Q

You didn't say which system you are playing on but the PS4 is double tap the square button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »