Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2019, 05:31 PM   #873
Pro

sms024's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Hey Josh, any recommendations for those of us that cant do OOTB? I bought from playstation store so I dont think that's an option for me. I DO believe I'll probably have to play on AM. I'm not SUPER good, but I draft really well and know how to read defenses and even when my defense sucks I'm still able to put up enough points to make up for it

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2019, 06:10 PM   #874
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm back to Madden...but with a twist. I'm going patch-less using the disc version of the game. It's just a much more realistic overall experience for my personal tastes. As I've said to others, every version of Madden is going to have issues, but the 'style' of the Out-of-Box game is much more to my liking. Bear in mind, the majority of people have never actually played it....they got the game on launch day (or EA Access) and there had already been 3 or 4 patches.

Interestingly....the current OP holds-up beautifully (both on AP and AM) with that setup. I'll probably land on AP...but there is a lot to like about AM as well.

At some point, I will probably go back to a patched version of the game, but for the time being, I'm not doing so.
So for the gaming challenged who have never stripped out a game to go back to OOTB with PS4...is there somewhere I can look for instructions on how to do that? And once done, how do you keep updates from instantly reloading at sign in?
Old 10-20-2019, 08:10 PM   #875
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer81
So for the gaming challenged who have never stripped out a game to go back to OOTB with PS4...is there somewhere I can look for instructions on how to do that? And once done, how do you keep updates from instantly reloading at sign in?
You have to disconnect your PS4 from the net.

From there, delete the game from your hard drive by pressing the start button in the menu screen (the screen that shows you all of your games and apps).

I’d also recommend going in to your saved data, and then delete your profile.

Pop the disc out, and then back in... let it do it’s thing (installation)

Boom, that’s it.

You’ll have to either remain unplugged from the net, or make sure that you cancel the patch update each time you boot up your PS4, if you elect to reconnect to the net.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2019, 09:15 PM   #876
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

OK, for out of box Madden (PS4....I cannot speak to the other system).

1. You MUST have the disc version of the game (I literally purchased it this weekend at Gamestop on sale for 40 bucks).
2. After uninstalling the game, I strongly suggest going into your PS4 console, go to Settings/System/Automatic Downloads. Toggle off the Application Update Files. This will disable the PS4 from auto-downloading patches every time you turn the network back on.
3. Go to your PS4 Application Saved Data Management Screen (again, within the settings menu). Delete the profile.
4. In the settings menu, do to network and turn it off.
5. Pop in the disc and reinstall the game.
6. Keeping the network off, start game as normal.

Each time you want to start the game:
1. Turn off the network.
2. Start the game.
3. Play as much as you want, then you can shut it off and re-enable network access if you disabled auto-downloads.

If you wish to stream this version from your PS4. Follow this order.
1. Turn off the network.
2. Start the game.
3. Once you are in the main menu (past where it loads everything), hit your PS4 button. Navigate over to the network settings and re-enable it. NOTE: this WILL restart the update as you're in-game (irrespective of your auto-download setting). You will need to manually cancel it. After that, just navigate back to the game app.

Big note here: you will not be able to continue any franchises from later versions of the game (I also doubt that previously downloaded rosters or draft classes will work because of abilities having been added throughout the patches). I personally backed-up my Miami franchise on my PS+ cloud save so I can access it should I decide to install a later patch.

Also, for those unable to acquire the disc copy of the game to revert, I'm sorry. I feel like I am abandoning you guys, but as much of a blast as I've had....the gameplay keeps trending the wrong way and I need a change (how permanent it is is TBD). I may find that OOTB has a major franchise mode flaw that prompts me back. But given how well the OP has played OOTB, I think the fundamental principles of this set are true across any version. Stick with it and if needed, bump it up to AM.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-20-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:40 PM   #877
Rookie

martz28's Arena

For the xbox guys you can do the same, the procedure is nearly the same.

I just rented the disc version from redbox. I did not need to keep the disc to be able to play it. (I bought digital the digital version originally).

I have auto updates off and also saved a back up copy on my external hard drive.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:48 PM   #878
Just started!

Is this really a slider set? They seem to be all default 🧐

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-20-2019, 11:05 PM   #879
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdcowboys
Is this really a slider set? They seem to be all default 🧐

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Did you even read the OP?

Old 10-21-2019, 08:38 AM   #880
Rookie

Thank you for taking the time...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »