Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 11-19-2019, 01:13 PM   #897
Rookie

elnino457's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

1.19 is out
and I think that's the one we've been waiting for

Run special moves are back
Old 11-19-2019, 01:16 PM   #898
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz25
Hey Josh,

I just finished year 2 of my CFM and won the superbowl. My team is starting to get dominant due to good draft picks and trades. So I am going to make the jump from All Pro to All Madden.
Do you recommend changing to All Madden in the main menu settings AND the CFM settings? Also, should I delete/recreate my profile for this? Thanks!
Here's my "take".

1. There is a new patch - that could very well strengthen things for the CPU
2. I think setting it the same in the MM and CFM would be fine - I don't know that it's that big of a deal to do so.
3. I'm no longer bothering with user profile deletions. I've literally gone back and forth a half dozen times between OOTB madden and patched madden without once deleting the profile and have seen no issues. And what you set it to in the intro setup doesn't matter anyways.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:52 PM   #899
Rookie

skillz25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Here's my "take".

1. There is a new patch - that could very well strengthen things for the CPU
2. I think setting it the same in the MM and CFM would be fine - I don't know that it's that big of a deal to do so.
3. I'm no longer bothering with user profile deletions. I've literally gone back and forth a half dozen times between OOTB madden and patched madden without once deleting the profile and have seen no issues. And what you set it to in the intro setup doesn't matter anyways.
Thanks. I appreciate the quick feedback. .... Now lets see what this new patch does!
Old 11-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #900
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I had just started evaluating a subtle adjustment to the slider setup on 1.18 to try to add some "oomph" for the CPU as I wasn't expecting the bigger November patch to happen this soon.

But with 1.19, I feel like we finally may have a patch that will help me forget about how good OOTB Madden is. I'll test initially on 100% default (i.e. the OP with CFM INJ at 40) and then with our OP setup (as I suspect we'll still want that adjustment). With the long-awaited adjustments to RB moves and zone reactions, I think this will be a patch worth sinking our collective teeth into. I'm really hoping that this patch can put some "teeth" back into the CPU offense....

I've got a lot going-on in real life, so it'll take me longer to do a full work-up. But at a minimum, I'll try to give a fairly quick "read" on how the patch is playing. Honestly though, I can't imagine that we'll make any wholesale adjustments to the OP.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:28 PM   #901
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Man, this is a really solid patch. The RB moves are more subtle than OOTB were and that is a good thing....it's almost a perfect mix of direct running with open field danger. What I noticed playing vs Cohen was a lot of little stutter-steps, very subtle, yet impactful....then of course, he'd break out the major moves.

While I briefly tested the OP, I'm currently playing on pure default (i.e. the OP with CFM INJ at 40). The biggest thing I will be looking at will be throw timing and targeting by CPU QBs....and that takes a fair bit of sample size as it's highly dependent on ratings/traits. But on default, the rush is there, run game is there, tackle/pursuit dynamics are solid, and coverage looks pretty decent. If the CPU QB play gives us good variety in both dynamics and outcomes, I could see us rolling with default for a while. If warts begin to show up, we'll put the gloves on and do some digging.

I started up a GB franchise and the yr 1 schedule gives me a pretty good mix of opposing QBs early-on.

If you've been sitting on an earlier patched version of the game, this is a really good time to jump on board and do an upgrade - it's a really solid base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2019, 09:26 PM   #902
Rookie

PotterB33's Arena

OVR: 1

I actually get juked by CPU RB's now!
Old 11-21-2019, 08:22 PM   #903
Rookie

ulua's Arena

With the new patch is anyone else seeing a ton of fumbles (by human controlled teams) and blocked punts by the CPU team?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-21-2019, 09:13 PM   #904
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulua
With the new patch is anyone else seeing a ton of fumbles (by human controlled teams) and blocked punts by the CPU team?

I personally have not. Which is probably a good thing that you have and I havenít.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »