Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 12-28-2019, 08:58 AM   #985
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I finally caved and picked up M20. So far, I'm having fun. Quick question on the slider setup, and maybe I'm being too literal, but when you say enter the slider values manually after resetting the sliders, do I need to manually zero out each field and then increase the value back to 50 (aside from injuries) or am I fine to just hit the reset button and leave all the ones I'm not changing alone?

Actually with this setup, Iím not even touching them. But what I meant was to hit the reset button (triangle on PS4) and then adjust.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2019, 12:08 PM   #986
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Are you seeing any penalties? I haven't had even one!

Also have you tried Matt's findings of turning off Intentional Grounding with this setup for better qb decision making? The cpu qb doesn't scramble away from sacks. I see glitches where the qb will spaz out under pressure, meaning his body flips left to right multiple times like he's stuck in animation

Lastly the CPU targets the TE far too much. Are you experiencing this?

Thanks Josh for trying to keep sliders simple

Last edited by whosnext00; 12-28-2019 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 12-28-2019, 12:11 PM   #987
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I've seen some here and there. Madden core issue for years now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00

Also have you tried Matt's findings of turning off Intentional Grounding with this setup for better qb decision making? The cpu qb doesn't scramble away from sacks. I see glitches where the qb will spaz out under pressure, meaning his body flips left to right multiple times like he's stuck in animation

Thanks Josh for trying to keep sliders simple
PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
YouTube: ORLANDO_RUCKUS
Old 12-28-2019, 12:31 PM   #988
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
I've seen some here and there. Madden core issue for years now.

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
YouTube: ORLANDO_RUCKUS
True but im wondering if changing penalties only will affect the gameplay too much. I've enjoyed the actual gameplay for the most part except some Robo QB situations and excessive TFLs
Old 12-28-2019, 02:01 PM   #989
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
True but im wondering if changing penalties only will affect the gameplay too much. I've enjoyed the actual gameplay for the most part except some Robo QB situations and excessive TFLs

There's a reason Josh leaves them at default. You start going down that rabbit hole when you change them

2018 OSFM Hybrid Roster
Old 12-28-2019, 02:36 PM   #990
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I definitely am, but obviously not to levels I'd prefer - but that is the sacrifice. Adjusting penalty sliders is a super bad idea too.

Quote:
They won't scramble away if it is turned off. It's just how certain archetypes play (improvisers being the worst). Turning off IG just makes them go for quicker passes - which kills the variety.

Quote:
Sure, if I play bad defense or have players who are not suitable for nickel defense. Certain schemes and play-calls are also predisposed to giving more short gains or dumps to the TEs. Evaluate your scheme, personnel, and play-calling tendencies and determine where the breakdowns are occurring. You're the coach....

Last edited by JoshC1977; 12-28-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:29 PM   #991
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I definitely am, but obviously not to levels I'd prefer - but that is the sacrifice. Adjusting penalty sliders is a super bad idea too.

They won't scramble away if it is turned off. It's just how certain archetypes play (improvisers being the worst). Turning off IG just makes them go for quicker passes - which kills the variety.

Sure, if I play bad defense or have players who are not suitable for nickel defense. Certain schemes and play-calls are also predisposed to giving more short gains or dumps to the TEs. Evaluate your scheme, personnel, and play-calling tendencies and determine where the breakdowns are occurring. You're the coach....
Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to answer with logical responses.

Btw, I used Matt's penalty sliders with your defaults and 40 INJ and everything played out great so I'm gonna try it again. I didn't get one sack all game which is lovely considering my D is terrible.

I had IG turned off for that game. I'll try it turned on for a few games as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2019, 06:23 PM   #992
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to answer with logical responses.

Btw, I used Matt's penalty sliders with your defaults and 40 INJ and everything played out great so I'm gonna try it again. I didn't get one sack all game which is lovely considering my D is terrible.

I had IG turned off for that game. I'll try it turned on for a few games as well
Whosnext - havenít seen you around in awhile - REALLY miss your equal based cpu vs cpu sliders - hope all is well and I hope you have a happy new year!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »