Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2020, 08:38 AM   #1033
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

So in my franchise I’m playing with the Bengals and I’m currently 4-1. Offense has been pretty easy to move the ball Dalton is completing 75 percent of his passes and I’m running the ball 110 yards per game.

Offense is number two in the league and my defense is 26th in league.

I do mix up my passes and sometimes do coach suggestions from keeping myself picking the same play. I do switch up my formations and etc. I do not hot route at all, I only adjust my line to either double team or I see a heavy blitz coming. On defense I do the no switch rule and I only control the safeties.

How can I make the offense harder? I feel the Bengals offense shouldn’t be this dominant!

I do love how the gameplays!

NFL- BUCCS
NBA- MAGIC
NCCAF- FLA
AFGHANISTAN "2011-12" WAR VET

Redzone League
Cleveland Browns
Season 3 (7-9)
Season 4 (1-0)

Jacksonville Jaguars
Season 6 (0-0)

Last edited by Yubbed; 01-23-2020 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:58 AM   #1034
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Josh, without reading through all 25 of the past pages, can you explain why the auto-sub sliders break when you adjust them?

I almost never see my depth players make it onto the field when starters are red or deep orange in fatigue on longer drives. Or late in games when starters are more worn down. Tough for some of these guys to get spurts of playing time. Of course injuries open up a lot of playing time, but I'm only talking about spurts.

I haven't touched them yet, but I'm tempted to.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:57 AM   #1035
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yubbed
So in my franchise I知 playing with the Bengals and I知 currently 4-1. Offense has been pretty easy to move the ball Dalton is completing 75 percent of his passes and I知 running the ball 110 yards per game.

Offense is number two in the league and my defense is 26th in league.

I do mix up my passes and sometimes do coach suggestions from keeping myself picking the same play. I do switch up my formations and etc. I do not hot route at all, I only adjust my line to either double team or I see a heavy blitz coming. On defense I do the no switch rule and I only control the safeties.

How can I make the offense harder? I feel the Bengals offense shouldn稚 be this dominant!

I do love how the gameplays!
OK, number 1, your sample size sucks - you need WAY more than 5 games.

Number 2, the Bengals are better in Madden than real life. Dalton is solid, Mixon is a stud, and you have three solid WRs plus Eifert. And frankly, Madden does a poor job of replicating pass rush...which is their Achilles Heel.

But let's break this down anyways.....and assume that the numbers hold (which is unlikely).

Rushing stats: 110 ypg would put you at 16th in the NFL in real life. I have zero qualms with your number on Madden (with Mixon)

Completion %: this is the most completely useless stat in football.

To better understand your dilemma, we need to look at your air yards per attempt and to do that, we need a few stats and some basic math.
  • The total combined Run After Catch yardage (RAC) for all your receivers
  • Total passing yards
  • Pass Completions

From there:

Passing Yards - RAC yardage = Air Yards

Air Yards/Pass Completions = Air Yards per Completion

This is a rough calculation but to give you perspective, the range this year was from 4.5 to 8.3 (note: it is not 1:1 correlation, but it is the best we can do). This basically gives you a sense of how far downfield your average completion is.

If you're in the low-end of that range (or below it), you are essentially checking-down too much and need to do a better job anticipating downfield throws and throwing into tight windows. That alone will add greatly to the challenge and knock down the comp % a few clicks.

Now...here's the problem, because you have such a tiny sample size, one completed Hail Mary can completely skew the numbers. I'd recommend completing your full season before running the numbers.

Once you complete year 1 and have run the numbers, you should have a better sense of the issue (if one still exists). If the number is OK (I'd say above 6 air yard per comp) and you are still unsatisfied with the comp %, simply bumping up the game to All Madden should add what you need.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2020, 11:59 AM   #1036
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Josh, without reading through all 25 of the past pages, can you explain why the auto-sub sliders break when you adjust them?

I almost never see my depth players make it onto the field when starters are red or deep orange in fatigue on longer drives. Or late in games when starters are more worn down. Tough for some of these guys to get spurts of playing time. Of course injuries open up a lot of playing time, but I'm only talking about spurts.

I haven't touched them yet, but I'm tempted to.
They modify fatigue rates and if you modify fatigue, you modify gameplay and begin to warp the balance.

You're much better served using formational subs or manually subbing.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:05 PM   #1037
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

Number 2, the Bengals are better in Madden than real life. Dalton is solid, Mixon is a stud, and you have three solid WRs plus Eifert. And frankly, Madden does a poor job of replicating pass rush...which is their Achilles Heel.

But let's break this down anyways.....and assume that the numbers hold (which is unlikely).

Rushing stats: 110 ypg would put you at 16th in the NFL in real life. I have zero qualms with your number on Madden (with Mixon)

To better understand your dilemma, we need to look at your air yards per attempt and to do that, we need a few stats and some basic math.
  • Total passing yards
  • Pass Completions

From there:

This is a rough calculation but to give you perspective, the range this year was from 4.5 to 8.3 (note: it is not 1:1 correlation, but it is the best we can do). This basically gives you a sense of how far downfield your average completion is.

If you're in the low-end of that range (or below it), you are essentially checking-down too much and need to do a better job anticipating downfield throws and throwing into tight windows. That alone will add greatly to the challenge and knock down the comp % a few clicks.

Now...here's the problem, because you have such a tiny sample size, one completed Hail Mary can completely skew the numbers. I'd recommend completing your full season before running the numbers.

Once you complete year 1 and have run the numbers, you should have a better sense of the issue (if one still exists). If the number is OK (I'd say above 6 air yard per comp) and you are still unsatisfied with the comp %, simply bumping up the game to All Madden should add what you need.
Woah! Now THAT is knowledge
Old 01-23-2020, 04:21 PM   #1038
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

• Total passing yards
  • Pass Completions

From there:

Let simply apologize for the lack of size of games.

Thank you for the breakdown of everything. I値l be sure to complete the season and run my numbers. Thank you for your time and dedication!

NFL- BUCCS
NBA- MAGIC
NCCAF- FLA
AFGHANISTAN "2011-12" WAR VET

Redzone League
Cleveland Browns
Season 3 (7-9)
Season 4 (1-0)

Jacksonville Jaguars
Season 6 (0-0)
Old 01-23-2020, 10:12 PM   #1039
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yubbed
Let simply apologize for the lack of size of games.

Thank you for the breakdown of everything. I値l be sure to complete the season and run my numbers. Thank you for your time and dedication!
No apologies needed. It just makes it tough for me to help out

Let us know how things go
Old 01-25-2020, 11:31 AM   #1040
MVP

forme95's Arena

Josh, 2 things may be you can help me figure out. Im in week 11 and Im seeing to many 55+ yard FG attempts. Not horrible but a little irritating (caan live with it if I have to). The other is I've had what seems to be to many FG/EP blocks. What contributees to it that I can try and fix? Im the Dolphins in Yr1. I know the line is bad, but its always off the edge. Is this a Madden thing, or is their something I can do to better counter it?

On a side note, Auto Flip off is a must! I just noticed I had it ON so I switched it off and defense is SO much more awake.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 01-25-2020 at 12:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »