Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2020, 12:23 PM   #1041
Pro

sms024's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

I'm having so much fun with this game rn. I. Going through a lions franchise rn because they've never been to the superbowl, and the twist is I'm using a created playbook that is a copy of the western michigan playbook from NCAA 14

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2020, 02:23 PM   #1042
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Josh, 2 things may be you can help me figure out. Im in week 11 and Im seeing to many 55+ yard FG attempts. Not horrible but a little irritating (caan live with it if I have to). The other is I've had what seems to be to many FG/EP blocks. What contributees to it that I can try and fix? Im the Dolphins in Yr1. I know the line is bad, but its always off the edge. Is this a Madden thing, or is their something I can do to better counter it?
The long FG attempt issue has been in EA games for ages. There isn't much you can do there.

If you're the one getting FGs blocked, there is a way to avoid it, you have to nail the meters when you kick. If you hit a "perfect" kick (I believe this is both for power AND accuracy...someone correct me if I am wrong), then they will not be able to block it.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:00 PM   #1043
Rookie

skillz25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The long FG attempt issue has been in EA games for ages. There isn't much you can do there.

If you're the one getting FGs blocked, there is a way to avoid it, you have to nail the meters when you kick. If you hit a "perfect" kick (I believe this is both for power AND accuracy...someone correct me if I am wrong), then they will not be able to block it.
I actually rarely kick full power (except for 50+ yards), but always try to get "perfect" accuracy. The only times that I have been blocked have been when it wasn't "perfect" accuracy.

By the way, thanks for all you do Josh. Your explanations of why you set the sliders that way you do have made this one of the best Madden playing experiences that I have had in a looooong time. I'm actually in season 5 of my franchise now. I usually quit after 2 or 3 years.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:42 PM   #1044
Pro

sms024's Arena

I had THE best game earlier. I'm in year 4 playing the Vikings, and they have an enforcer SS, so I'm fumbling all game(5 I think) but luckily my D kept me in the game. I'm down 30-36 in the fourth and I'm trying to drive. Emphasis on trying. Hurting at QB and the draft classes have been disappointing at that position. Anyways, I make it to my 40 and get outta bounds. I complete a 20 yd pass and my last timeout gets used for an injury(good timing too) with 0:08 left. I throw to my biggest receiver 40 yards to the endzone and the ball gets knocked away right? I'm thinking well crap, gg CPU. Then this little **** of a reciever comes flying in from off screen and makes the diving grab for a TD and the PAT gets me the 1 point win with 0 time left

I collapsed outta my chair I was shook

Old 01-28-2020, 10:00 PM   #1045
Pro

sms024's Arena

Alright y'all, season 4 over(7-9), best so far. Done with the draft. Team is starting to look how I want, gonna do a little write up in the morning before my first game in the morning. I feel this might be a playoff season

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2020, 10:15 AM   #1046
Pro

sms024's Arena

All right y'all here's my (hopefully) first playoff team. Don't think I'll get to the super bowl, but fingers crossed. Season 5 of Lions franchise.

Offense: West Coast Power Run ( created NCAA 14 Western Michigan playbook)
QB: Robert Sobieski - 68 OVR, drafted in second offseason, the third year of his contract.
RB: Justin Tiller - 81 OVR, drafted with QB, became superstar power back
WR: still have Kenny Golladay, rest are sub 75 OVR, nothing special
TE: Dwight Skaggs in his second year, blocking TE with low speed, plan to make him second string to seal the edge on backside 2TE runs and strongside wing formations; Rookie Malik Boss, gonna start him and hope he reflects that last name.
OL: Averaging 79 OVR with a rookie LT pass blocker, rest are Power blockers

Defense: 43 Cover 3
DE: Kevin Wells drafted in first offseason, Superstar speed rusher to compliment Trey Flowers power rush on the opposite end
DT: Moved Da'Shawn Hand over and drafted a decent 2nd string
LOLB: signed a undrafted free agent pass coverage that got a lucky dev bump and is now a superstar in his 3rd season
MLB: Starting Jarrad Davis but still looking for THE guy
ROLB: Dom Walters in his second year, star dev Power rusher. He is my RRE and my go to in 5 man rushes from 4-3 sets
CB: all new faces, none stand out
FS: Tracy walker, getting old though. Looking for talent to replace in the upcoming draft
SS: Lincoln Dotson, became superstar in rookie season last year. Hybrid i'm hoping will make a lot of plays
Old 01-29-2020, 06:47 PM   #1047
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Playing year 2 of my Ravens franchise with the exact OP and am having a blast. I simmed the first season by forcing the same results of the entire 2019-2020 NFL season to try and make things as authentic as possible (Chiefs won the Super Bowl over the 49ers by the way). To start the season we are 3-1 and I probably had 2 of the best madden games I’ve ever played in my last 2 outings.

First game was at Cleveland week 3. They were looking to get revenge on us after we beat them 41-35 week 1 with a goal line stand as time expired. This time around they were ready for us and were handling us fairly easy all game. They had a comfortable 31-14 lead half way through the 3rd. After scratching and clawing our way back the score was 31-24 with only a minute or two left. We were able to punch in what seemed to be the game tying score as time expired. I sim all special teams plays because I think it gives way more diverse outcomes. Needless to say Tucker missed the PAT and we lost the game. It’s the only PAT I’ve seen missed this year between both myself and the CPU. It was both heart breaking and awesome at the same time.

Next game was home against Houston in week 4. The first 3 weeks of the season saw a lot of offense. Week 1 was a 41-35 (W), week 2 was a 35-14 (W), and week 3 was that 31-30 (L) to Cleveland. Going into the 4th quarter of this game the score was only 7-6 Ravens. After a back and fourth final period we went to OT tied 17-17. Texans won the toss and took the ball right down the field. The game looked to be over when Duke Johnson broke free around midfield and looked to be gone for sure. Somehow Marcus Peters comes flying in from nowhere and takes Johnson down at the 2 yard line. After 2 sacks (only had 2 all game prior to OT), and a pass break up on third down in the end zone, we somehow escaped with only giving up a FG. We got the ball and started to drive until we stalled out around midfield. We had a 4th and 2 where Andrews made a great contested catch over the right hash for a 5 yard gain. We continued on our methodical drive and got the ball all the way down inside the 10 with under 2 minutes left in OT. After a couple stops by the Texans we had a third down and 5+. Jackson ended up scrambling for the TD and the 23-20 win. Definitely one the best games I’ve ever been part of.

Thanks a lot for your countless hours testing different theories. These work great. They’re realistic but also very challenging.

Last edited by tc020791; 01-29-2020 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #1048
MVP

forme95's Arena

In weekly training, do the stats to the left change year to year or week to week, or at all for that matter? It always shows that teams run more then pass, and that's just not the case. So if the left stats don't matter, then I can change how I train my team instead of following useless knowledge.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »