Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 02-07-2020, 12:54 AM   #1057
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

so these sliders are meant for AP, im assuming that people have tried AM with these, and im wondering how that's worked for people.

edit: took the time to look through the thread. seems like AM is working for for folks!

Last edited by Colo; 02-07-2020 at 02:00 AM.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:57 PM   #1058
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

Iím finally back in to madden and my Xbox in general. Played my first preseason game and all feels well. My only quarrel is penalties as only 1 was called all game but as an avid madden fan I know this is always an issue. What is everyone else seeing as far as penalties?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-08-2020, 03:04 AM   #1059
Pro

sms024's Arena

I'm 5-1 in season 5 of my WM Lions franchise. If the rest of the season goes this well, I'll at least make the playoffs. My RB has the team on his back, which is great because my QB is weak

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2020, 01:26 PM   #1060
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
Iím finally back in to madden and my Xbox in general. Played my first preseason game and all feels well. My only quarrel is penalties as only 1 was called all game but as an avid madden fan I know this is always an issue. What is everyone else seeing as far as penalties?

Penalties are still a weak spot. I might get a game with 4 or 5 total but most are 1-2.

That said, the idea of mimicking the penalties of the current NFL is rather distasteful
Old 02-11-2020, 10:50 AM   #1061
Just started!

Hey Josh,

I've recently picked up the game and implemented your sliders as recommended.

However, I'm struggling with how the CPU AI plays offensively. All opponents play a very conservative game, which has been quite repetitive to face.

My Lions team are 10-0 mainly due to opponents reliance on underneath routes over the middle (just in front of the 1st down marker) and dump off passes to the running back.

I've yet to be 'stretched' by the CPU and was wondering if anyone else has similar problems?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2020, 10:59 AM   #1062
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami24
Hey Josh,

I've recently picked up the game and implemented your sliders as recommended.

However, I'm struggling with how the CPU AI plays offensively. All opponents play a very conservative game, which has been quite repetitive to face.

My Lions team are 10-0 mainly due to opponents reliance on underneath routes over the middle (just in front of the 1st down marker) and dump off passes to the running back.

I've yet to be 'stretched' by the CPU and was wondering if anyone else has similar problems?

Two questions.

1. Can you describe your defensive play calling style?

2. What defensive scheme are you running?

Old 02-11-2020, 11:09 AM   #1063
Just started!

1 - I tend to call a large amount of cover 3 - match/flat and man align so there is a single high safety. On the occasion, I call cover 2 man. I tend to do this both in base 3-4 and in nickel.

2 - I am running a 3-4 under defensive scheme ATM.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:42 PM   #1064
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami24
1 - I tend to call a large amount of cover 3 - match/flat and man align so there is a single high safety. On the occasion, I call cover 2 man. I tend to do this both in base 3-4 and in nickel.

2 - I am running a 3-4 under defensive scheme ATM.
Assuming that you've followed the OP exactly (including clock settings and gameplay assist settings), this is my take. Believe me, plenty of folks have done the "I followed the OP exactly" and after being pressed, they go "Oh, well...I DID change XYZ...".

That's precisely how the CPU will play vs a Zone (I'm running a C2-oriented scheme right now). They'll find the easiest hole to attack and that's usually the short routes underneath (and with the Lions LBs being awful in coverage, they will exploit it even more). If you're effective at switching and tackling to limit YAC, then you're going to be able to shut it down (even moreso if you control a DB or LB from the initial snap).

I would consider a couple of things:

1. Alternate coverage shading between playing underneath and over-the-top. Playing over-the-top can actually be quite effective in spurts because it will give the appearance that WRs are open at the initial QB read and entice the outside throw.

2. Get better cover LBs. Really hard to find them, but if you can shut down the short receivers, they will go downfield.

3. The immediate fix, call less C3 (I'd limit it to ~50-60% of the time). C3 is a very risk-averse scheme...the CPU will play very risk averse as a result. Mixing up defensive play-calling and taking chances will invite them to do the same.

4. If you created a HC, I'd consider going with a stock coach instead. I feel like the AI plays a fair bit better when you are controlling a stock coach vs a created guy; can't prove it, just an observation.

This is a really tough issue to deal with - honestly, the best way to get the QBs to attack cmore is to drop down to Pro (though that invites other potential issues).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »