Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 03-19-2020, 03:14 PM   #1081
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

OK...so 1 adjustment:

MM Injuries down to 10 (from 40). The explanation (also in the OP) is as follows:

Turning off ballhawk tightened coverage and was causing a lot of CPU passivity. This adjustment physically separates players just a wee bit without negatively impacting things. We've been testing this for a couple of weeks now and it has held up beautifully.

I'm playing a ton of MLB 20 right now...but I wanted to get this out there before I forgot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 07:04 PM   #1082
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've been using this setup, turning ballhawk off, but I've been using 20 inj at the MM and 30 in CFM and I have been having amazing games. The animations are great! I'm actually seeing mostly wrap up tackles and I'm seeing animations I've never seen on default, especially in the run game. The games just seem more realistic and more challenging. I just finished playing the Seahawks as the Steelers and lost 30-0. Using Rudolph as qb ofc. Lol. Getting a lot of variety in games too.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #1083
Pro

@Josh: What slider is responsible for CPU QB scrambling frequency? I've tested two different slider sets, on one set the CPU QB scrambled on passing plays when nothing was open (only 'Scrambler' QBs like Murray and Prescott). On the other set the same 'Scrambler' QBs didn't scramble and instead took coverage sacks. What sliders do I have to change to get those scrambling QBs back?
Old 03-26-2020, 07:13 PM   #1084
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay412
I've been using this setup, turning ballhawk off, but I've been using 20 inj at the MM and 30 in CFM and I have been having amazing games. The animations are great! I'm actually seeing mostly wrap up tackles and I'm seeing animations I've never seen on default, especially in the run game. The games just seem more realistic and more challenging. I just finished playing the Seahawks as the Steelers and lost 30-0. Using Rudolph as qb ofc. Lol. Getting a lot of variety in games too.
This update screwed it up!!! I was having so much fun. I despise ea anymore. Everytime I have the game playing how I want they release an update and mess everything up. You can't even play franchise anymore. A few months away from a new Madden and they are still releasing updates that screw up gameplay. Rant over
Old 03-26-2020, 08:05 PM   #1085
Rookie

Your sliders seem to be working great though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2020, 02:40 PM   #1086
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Just as an FYI, I have not downloaded patch 1.28 and honestly, I haven't even turned on another game since MLB The Show 20 dropped (and I probably won't until April 10 when FFVII comes out).

I HAVE heard from someone I implicitly trust that the OP holds up just fine right now.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:35 PM   #1087
Rookie

skillz25's Arena

This is for anyone,

Iíve been having a huge problem with my wide receivers trying to jump and catch the ball. This causes them to get hit and automatically drops the pass, sometimes resulting in a tipped ball and interception. Most of the time they donít even have to jump to catch the ball but they do it anyway. Even if I hit X or a triangle to catch the ball, they still jump. How can I stop this? Itís getting extremely frustrating and itís happening 5 - 8 times a game.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:09 AM   #1088
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz25
This is for anyone,

Iíve been having a huge problem with my wide receivers trying to jump and catch the ball. This causes them to get hit and automatically drops the pass, sometimes resulting in a tipped ball and interception. Most of the time they donít even have to jump to catch the ball but they do it anyway. Even if I hit X or a triangle to catch the ball, they still jump. How can I stop this? Itís getting extremely frustrating and itís happening 5 - 8 times a game.
I donít have a big issue with this until itís a deep pass with my receiver having a cushion on the DB in pursuit and he decides to jump for it allowing the DB to catch up and make the tackle. If he wouldíve let it fall into his bread basket in stride it would be a TD. However there are times where he doesnít jump for it and it does play out as it should for 6. Now the reason I donít have a huge issue with it is sometimes receivers DO do this when they shouldnít. You will even hear color commentators break it down saying how the receiver jumped when he didnít have to or jumped too early. It Happens and Michael Gallup is a prime example I know of who LOVES to jump for passes when it isnít needed.

With these sliders I do not take control of my receiver until he has already caught the ball for fair of play with the CPU with great results. Hopefully somebody can help you though with it. This game is actually really deep with controls and options that should be used to help prevent possible bad plays. QBs and receivers and running backs taking in message hits is a PRIME example. There is no fumble issue even with Endorcers. Watch on Sundays how the receivers get down and QBs do the same giving themselves up when a sack is imminent or a receiver is catching the ball with a big hit imminent. Now ask yourself how often are you doing the same? Just another example of controls that hopefully are at your disposal to help relive this issue for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »