Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2020, 06:00 PM   #1105
"I reckon so."
 
Last Gunfighter's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 859
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quick question, do you play will all patches/updates installed?
__________________
WHO DAT! | GEAUX TIGERS! | LET'S GO RANGERS!

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Last Gunfighter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2020, 12:31 AM   #1106
Just started!
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2020
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Hi josh Iíve caught your twitch streams before but just wanted to make sure this is Default AllPro?
Sparks8421 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:15 AM   #1107
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 8,942
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Quick question, do you play will all patches/updates installed?
Yes sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks8421
Hi josh Iíve caught your twitch streams before but just wanted to make sure this is Default AllPro?
Yes, it is...with two changes:
  • Ineligible Receiver Downfield Turned off in the Main Menu
  • Ballhawk turned off (it is on by default)

The OP outlines everything....all settings are required as stated.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:59 PM   #1108
Just started!
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2020
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yes sir!







Yes, it is...with two changes:
  • Ineligible Receiver Downfield Turned off in the Main Menu
  • Ballhawk turned off (it is on by default)



The OP outlines everything....all settings are required as stated.


I struggle with running the ball and throwing to many picks on default all pro
Sparks8421 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #1109
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 8,942
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks8421
I struggle with running the ball and throwing to many picks on default all pro
A lot of people do (I still struggle with INTs at times).

A couple of tips:

Run game: lay off the turbo button. You'll be able to evade defenders more readily and hit your holes better. Also, once you hit the turbo button, it basically triggers a "come get me" from the defense, allowing blocks to be shed and so on. Sometimes you have to use PA passes to set up the run...get the opponent guessing.

Pass game:
  • Stay in the pocket. This is the number 1 most important thing. Let the pocket form, step up in the pocket. The passing windows are more realistic and if you're not backing up or rolling out, the actual throws will be shorter as you will be closer to the line of scrimmage. It takes practice, but you will become a much better player in the long run if you can learn this.
  • Use ALL the passing controls and catching controls. If you're just pushing the pass icon button, you're going to struggle. You HAVE to use high/low passes, you HAVE to lead receivers with the stick. Most importantly, you HAVE to anticipate your throws. If you're running a simple out, you should be throwing the ball before the receiver makes his cut with the stick towards the sideline (and if the DB is shading underneath, you probably want that throw down too).
  • Don't be predictable with your play calls. While it's important to know what works well for you, the CPU will adapt.
  • Study your matchups before each and every game. Learn your opponents and figure out where you have the advantage. Gear your gameplan to attack their weak points. Doing the weekly training for a play concept that meshes with your gameplan can help too (especially if you have a tough matchup ahead).

Hope some of this helps!!
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:57 PM   #1110
Pro
 
gman2774's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 897
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
BIG update today thanks to Matt.

Toggle the ineligible receiver downfield penalty IN THE MAIN MENU to off.

It really has brought the game back to life. CPU QBs are much more in sync with everything; making throws on time, stepping up in the pocket appropriately, etc. It's also removed that annoying double (and sometimes triple) reverse spin by CPU QBs in the pocket. They may do it once to avoid pressure, but then will make a more decisive and logical move.

With the CPU QBs now in sync, everything else in the game (coverage, etc) becomes much more believable. Just an outstanding find here!!
Hi Josh--Hope all is well. Love this change. The game play with this change is dynamic and fluid. Feels very good while playing. The only issue I am seeing over my 10 games played since making this switch is the game overall feels much easier. My defense is much more effective in shutting down the CPU offense. My defenders (I play no switch rule) are much more aggressive, responsive, and on point. Not in a bad way necessarily but aggressive enough where sacks and INT's have been noticeably higher for me. Pass coverage and just general speed, awareness, and aggressiveness of my defense feels amped up to another level. All of that is to say I'm shutting down CPU offenses relatively easily and forcing a lot of turnovers (primarily INT's).

What's strange is when on offense I'm not seeing the CPU defense play the same way as my defense. I feel like my pass protection is better, I have more space to run with my RB's, and my WR's gain more separation making it easier to complete passes in large chunks.

I'm routinely blowing teams out and dominating time of possession, turnover ratio, sacks, thus leading to lopsided statistics heavily in my favor. When I go back to ineligible receiver down field to "on" I get a tougher challenge and much closer games but the game play is much more wonky and not nearly as smooth. Wondering if you or anyone else is experiencing something similar. I've thought about testing ineligible receiver down field to "off" and turning ball hawk "on" hoping that makes a difference. Logically, it makes no sense but I'd be willing to test if it allows me to have the fluidity of the game with man down field set to off but presenting a stiffer challenge.
gman2774 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:47 PM   #1111
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 8,942
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
Hi Josh--Hope all is well. Love this change. The game play with this change is dynamic and fluid. Feels very good while playing. The only issue I am seeing over my 10 games played since making this switch is the game overall feels much easier. My defense is much more effective in shutting down the CPU offense. My defenders (I play no switch rule) are much more aggressive, responsive, and on point. Not in a bad way necessarily but aggressive enough where sacks and INT's have been noticeably higher for me. Pass coverage and just general speed, awareness, and aggressiveness of my defense feels amped up to another level. All of that is to say I'm shutting down CPU offenses relatively easily and forcing a lot of turnovers (primarily INT's).

What's strange is when on offense I'm not seeing the CPU defense play the same way as my defense. I feel like my pass protection is better, I have more space to run with my RB's, and my WR's gain more separation making it easier to complete passes in large chunks.

I'm routinely blowing teams out and dominating time of possession, turnover ratio, sacks, thus leading to lopsided statistics heavily in my favor. When I go back to ineligible receiver down field to "on" I get a tougher challenge and much closer games but the game play is much more wonky and not nearly as smooth. Wondering if you or anyone else is experiencing something similar. I've thought about testing ineligible receiver down field to "off" and turning ball hawk "on" hoping that makes a difference. Logically, it makes no sense but I'd be willing to test if it allows me to have the fluidity of the game with man down field set to off but presenting a stiffer challenge.
It's interesting, isn't it?

I've more or less walked away from using anything resembling a real roster in this game; I'm going strictly with 15 yr simmed franchises (at least for now). I'm sure that it has some effect on what I'm seeing. Guys are just 'juiced' in base rosters; which makes things more easily exploitable for the user. At a minimum, if you haven't, get into year 2....see if things settle for you (the game is often more unstable in year 1 franchises)

That said.....

Ineligible Receiver Downfield (IRD) is a new addition to the game...QB play has been "off" all cycle (all of our machinations in this thread have essentially been built around this one issue tbh). It makes sense that the "new setting" is the culprit for the issues we've experienced (and we know EA rarely works on QB AI mid-cycle)....it just hasn't been addressed. When I first tested the tweak to IRD, I waffled back and forth between leaving Ball Hawk on or off. If I recall correctly, I went with it off because I liked how coverage looked more than with it on. That said, the better coverage is, the worse CPU QB play can be....so there is a tipping point.

Remember, "on" is the game's default setting for BH. Turning it off makes the CPU QBs throw more into tight windows (among other things)...that said, with them now in-sync with the other setting turned off, it may very well tip things the other way. I've certainly seen at least some evidence of what you're seeing (I just haven't played M20 much lately). Try it with it turned "on" and see how it goes for you.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2020, 08:00 PM   #1112
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Glad youíre loving the game when you sim 15 years. I tried it too like You mentioned in another thread and used the gameís default xp sliders. Man it plays awesome when most of the current guys cycle out of the league and itís mostly generated players. Game plays so smooth, but unpredictable and exciting, but not crazy exciting. It just looks like real football out there. Really nice to have with no sports going on. Watching the cpu/cpu. I just pick a game of the week, i try to watch all teams at least once. Sometimes i just watch all week one games and usually fall in love in at least 5 or 6 teams. Playing with playbooks and schemes also makes it interactive.

Also just turned off ineligible wr in main menu. Love this idea. Love what im seeing. Definitely seeing them throw into tight windows, which is good because you see it on default, Matt sees it on his custom set, and. Iím seeing in custom cpu/cpu. Only watched one game. Is there a post you can direct me to that lists all thatís been seen with this OFF?


Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It's interesting, isn't it?

I've more or less walked away from using anything resembling a real roster in this game; I'm going strictly with 15 yr simmed franchises (at least for now). I'm sure that it has some effect on what I'm seeing. Guys are just 'juiced' in base rosters; which makes things more easily exploitable for the user. At a minimum, if you haven't, get into year 2....see if things settle for you (the game is often more unstable in year 1 franchises)

That said.....

Ineligible Receiver Downfield (IRD) is a new addition to the game...QB play has been "off" all cycle (all of our machinations in this thread have essentially been built around this one issue tbh). It makes sense that the "new setting" is the culprit for the issues we've experienced (and we know EA rarely works on QB AI mid-cycle)....it just hasn't been addressed. When I first tested the tweak to IRD, I waffled back and forth between leaving Ball Hawk on or off. If I recall correctly, I went with it off because I liked how coverage looked more than with it on. That said, the better coverage is, the worse CPU QB play can be....so there is a tipping point.

Remember, "on" is the game's default setting for BH. Turning it off makes the CPU QBs throw more into tight windows (among other things)...that said, with them now in-sync with the other setting turned off, it may very well tip things the other way. I've certainly seen at least some evidence of what you're seeing (I just haven't played M20 much lately). Try it with it turned "on" and see how it goes for you.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Top -