Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 05-17-2020, 08:58 AM   #1145
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

I agree. Having a blast with Raiders franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2020, 07:38 PM   #1146
Rookie

OVR: 0

Since I turned the ineligible receiver penalty off I've been scoring more and getting more interceptions therefore winning alot more games. Anybody else seeing this?

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL) using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2020, 12:23 PM   #1147
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty White
I've tried other slider sets designed for Coach Mode, but came back to these. I love them. I've had a thirteen year franchise with the Dolphins from year one and now on a franchise with the Bears where I simmed the first twenty years. Really enjoyed the Dolphins franchise, but the Bears one is even better. Siiming to purge the game of the real players is the way to go in my opinion. I would definitely recommend these to any fellow Coach Mode players, with a big thank you to Josh and anyone who may help him for coming up with his findings.

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk
I'm seeing almost no running game from either side and very high completion percentage from my QB. Also no pressure on the QB from either side. Have you seen any of this? Sliders are great for playing but I think this year they won't work for coachmode. Many thanks to Josh as always for testing everything.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-18-2020, 12:31 PM   #1148
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay412
Since I turned the ineligible receiver penalty off I've been scoring more and getting more interceptions therefore winning alot more games. Anybody else seeing this?

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL) using Tapatalk
I think Gman commented on this and saw signs. You can try turning Ball Hawk back on...see how that works for you.

Just being honest...I've barely touched the game recently (I'm not sure I will for awhile either). MLB The Show is too good to put down right now and I've gotten back into NCAA 14.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:19 PM   #1149
Pro

Oh my god! The sim works! Super SIM results are awesome and varied too!
Old 05-27-2020, 07:58 AM   #1150
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
I'm seeing almost no running game from either side and very high completion percentage from my QB. Also no pressure on the QB from either side. Have you seen any of this? Sliders are great for playing but I think this year they won't work for coachmode. Many thanks to Josh as always for testing everything.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Operation Sports mobile app
Completion percentage is higher than you'd see in the NFL, but not stupidly high or Robo QB type stuff. I see really good running figures on both sides of the ball. I like to run a West Coast Power Run scheme, and if my OL and HB fit the scheme, they'll run on most defences. If the running game doesn't work, I'll find that the defence has ratings that match up well against my offence. I'm a big believer in recruiting players who fit the scheme - I find that the team gels better and is more cohesive the higher the scheme fit is fulfilled. I do see pressure on the QB, but again, in my opinion, it does come down to ratings match-ups and schemes. What I also like, is that sometimes you can't explain why something happens during a game, which reflects those real life games when you think "how the hell did they win that?". Cheers

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #1151
Pro

Funkycorm's Arena

It's funny that you mention the purging of rosters. I know we also share similar thoughts on progression in MLB as well.

I actually do this for all the sports games I play as I will not play any game in the current season with the rosters that come with the game or any custom rosters I haven't personally edited. Normally I go to about 6 to 8 years out in most games but I am intrigued by the 10 year mark. Maybe once I start being able to game again consistently (gotta love healthcare) I will try a 10 year purge then go my normal 6 to 8 year out mark and see what the league is like.

It's fun because as you said it really makes ratings matter and I love playing with players that have no preconceived notions of how they should or shouldn't perform.

Currently Playing:
Ghost of Tsushima
MLB 20 The Show
Red Dead Redemption 2

Twitter
Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2020, 12:57 PM   #1152
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
It's funny that you mention the purging of rosters. I know we also share similar thoughts on progression in MLB as well.

I actually do this for all the sports games I play as I will not play any game in the current season with the rosters that come with the game or any custom rosters I haven't personally edited. Normally I go to about 6 to 8 years out in most games but I am intrigued by the 10 year mark. Maybe once I start being able to game again consistently (gotta love healthcare) I will try a 10 year purge then go my normal 6 to 8 year out mark and see what the league is like.

It's fun because as you said it really makes ratings matter and I love playing with players that have no preconceived notions of how they should or shouldn't perform.
Itís really fun to watch/play the first week after you purge. Just to get an idea of what the league looks like. I often find myself wanting to watch at least 10 of the teams through the season. A team that can throw, one that plays d, one thatís smashmouth. You just start falling in love with the teams and itís hard to pick one team. I have to limit myself or just do a play the moments with multiple teams.

Also is fun to sayóno matter whatóIím gonna play as the Packers or some other predetermined team. They could be the best in the league or the worst. Also see lots of parity with the teamís overall ratings.

I really like playoff gamesójust sim the regular season, look at the stats before the playoff games, and watch them play. When i sim a season, i crank the injury up to 52. This causes realistic injuries. Youíll see qbs miss the season, also more offensive linemen. It kind of throws a monkey into the wrench. When teams reach the playoffs, theyíre missing lineman and other key players. When i do the playoff games, i lower the injury slider where i had it before the sim.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »