Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2020, 02:35 PM   #1201
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersd26
I've always been a big proponent of using your favorite team in franchise modes. I find it more engaging when I'm using a team that I have a strong emotional connection with compared to a random team that I don't really know too well or care for much.
I waffle on this, A LOT. In one sense, there IS a 'connection' right off the bat. On the other hand, there can be more preconceptions on what "should happen" that can push one into worrying too much about real life comparisons that detract from one's enjoyment of the mode.

I had a blast using the Dolphins this year, a team I don't care about IRL. I was able to forge my own imprint on the team as I could objectively evaluate the talent on-hand and base decisions strictly on ratings and in-game experience, which immersed me further. As I brought in my own guys, the bond grew.

No right or wrong answer here, but it's a question we all have to answer for ourselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2020, 02:55 PM   #1202
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I waffle on this, A LOT. In one sense, there IS a 'connection' right off the bat. On the other hand, there can be more preconceptions on what "should happen" that can push one into worrying too much about real life comparisons that detract from one's enjoyment of the mode.

I had a blast using the Dolphins this year, a team I don't care about IRL. I was able to forge my own imprint on the team as I could objectively evaluate the talent on-hand and base decisions strictly on ratings and in-game experience, which immersed me further. As I brought in my own guys, the bond grew.

No right or wrong answer here, but it's a question we all have to answer for ourselves.
I totally get where you're coming from. A lot of my challenges with franchises in the past have had to do with trying to match how a player "should" play based on real life instead of his in-game stats.

I wish I could use other teams and still have as much fun, but it never works out for me when I try it.

The more fictional players brought in, the better the game gets is an ideology I wholeheartedly agree with. Not even just gameplay, I get super attached to these guys since they're "my guys" and my guys only. It really enhances the immersion for me and by that point, it really doesn't matter what team you started with anyways.
NBA: New York Knicks
NCAA: Tennessee Volunteers

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/steelersd26

Follow my NCAA Football 22 Dynasty Here!
Old 07-07-2020, 03:07 PM   #1203
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersd26
The more fictional players brought in, the better the game gets is an ideology I wholeheartedly agree with. Not even just gameplay, I get super attached to these guys since they're "my guys" and my guys only. It really enhances the immersion for me and by that point, it really doesn't matter what team you started with anyways.
This is something M20 did really well IMO. The "game inside the game" was in watching your guys develop, trying to get them "leveled up". I know the design may not be the most realistic, but it makes it a ton of fun.

I have folks who watched my earliest Miami franchise that still talk about some of the players I drafted that were on that roster. I keep thinking about bringing that one back out (it's on my PS+ online saves); but I really got that team built-up and I HATE winning too much.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:10 PM   #1204
Rookie

Hey Josh just wanted to ask some1 who might know....is swapping difficulties between all pro and all madden going to ruin the game within a game logic. I play on all pro and really enjoy game play, just my offense can be very successful most cases. In first year week 12 so maybe speaking too soon on a topic I haven't yet allowed to play its course. All madden can be.....like a grain of salt per say and old enough to know in most cases you can't have the best of both worlds. So anyways if what I'm asking makes any senses I would like to read your view of things. Point blank answer would be the best and know thats how you roll haha. Hey hope this message is not outta context I know you a busy man and probably answered a question like this dozen of times but my illiterate a$$ can't find it. Anyways have a gd1 if none the less. Ty
Old 07-15-2020, 03:41 PM   #1205
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirRAIDER
Hey Josh just wanted to ask some1 who might know....is swapping difficulties between all pro and all madden going to ruin the game within a game logic. I play on all pro and really enjoy game play, just my offense can be very successful most cases. In first year week 12 so maybe speaking too soon on a topic I haven't yet allowed to play its course. All madden can be.....like a grain of salt per say and old enough to know in most cases you can't have the best of both worlds. So anyways if what I'm asking makes any senses I would like to read your view of things. Point blank answer would be the best and know thats how you roll haha. Hey hope this message is not outta context I know you a busy man and probably answered a question like this dozen of times but my illiterate a$$ can't find it. Anyways have a gd1 if none the less. Ty
Hey, sorry, I just realized I never responded to it.

My opinion...

Alternating is not going to 'break' anything. However, I think the game plays at its worst a) in year 1 of a franchise and b) the first game after making a slider/difficulty change. If you're in Year 1, I'd keep going.

But regardless, I think constantly changing back and forth (or being one of those that suggests doing a "slider reset" prior to each game) is doing one's self a disservice. You'll probably see more bad animations (warping, clipping, and so on) by taking this approach. It doesn't so much alter the gameplay as much as it de-syncs it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2020, 06:04 PM   #1206
Rookie

Right on, thanks 4 the tip! Going into my 2nd off-season with dem bad boy Raiddaazz! Going to make sum changes with my o-line to bring overall awareness down but still have some solid rookies 2 fill in. Maybe soon cut ties with Carr (the stand out gentlemen) 2 make me curse some during the season haha. Read in here somewhere I believe to call plays (coach sugg.) and no hot routing...well as least as possible. Just trying to make the hill a little steeper 2 climb but all in all having fun with it. Thanks again!!!
Old 07-27-2020, 02:28 PM   #1207
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Who in the cruel summer could this guy he???
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirRAIDER
Right on, thanks 4 the tip! Going into my 2nd off-season with dem bad boy Raiddaazz! Going to make sum changes with my o-line to bring overall awareness down but still have some solid rookies 2 fill in. Maybe soon cut ties with Carr (the stand out gentlemen) 2 make me curse some during the season haha. Read in here somewhere I believe to call plays (coach sugg.) and no hot routing...well as least as possible. Just trying to make the hill a little steeper 2 climb but all in all having fun with it. Thanks again!!!
Sent from my REVVLRY using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-29-2020, 06:39 PM   #1208
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Who in the cruel summer could this guy he???

Sent from my REVVLRY using Operation Sports mobile app
They call me raider...haha always have always will B

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »