Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-04-2019, 07:40 PM   #153
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

The Here’s a little food for thought for “All-Madden” and in some respect, All-Pro to bear in mind for M20.

If you’re playing on Sim Play Style, understand that as of M19, All-Madden was tuned to highlight Competitive play (ie Stick Skills) which prefers User Input to supersede Player Ratings or outcomes.
(pics from M19 blog where AG notes AM Tuning in relation to Comp Play Arena)

This means that AM is tailored to fit the gameplay they like to see, which isn’t always a reflection of ratings play out with variability.

AM leans heavily on “timers/delays” more than ratings variance to create difficulty within the AI.

Sliders may/may not alter these mechanisms in the way you’re seeking, because All-Madden is tuned for that arena of play.

Lastly, I know they’ve said they tune from AP as the base, but unless there was a drastic change from M19 to M20, the variable differences between AM and AP are closer to each other compared to the differences between AP and Pro Difficulty Level.
- in some respects like Passblock vs DefensiveMove_Timer, Pro Level favors the Sim Play Style and ratings more than AP/AM because there’s no delay imposed on the initial defensive move.

So you may end up getting some residual AM Comp tunings since AM/AP variables are close in nature.

Sorry Josh, just felt this was some important information to be considered in relation to possible Difficulty Level impact.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7F3F455E-819F-4C92-8D20-AB85C775E494.jpeg (179.6 KB, 267 views)
File Type: jpeg 2995BE8F-E8CC-47F4-8874-CE51EEC5608C.jpeg (61.4 KB, 267 views)

Last edited by khaliib; 08-04-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:32 PM   #154
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

Man my last 2 games I got hit with crazy injuries to my RBs. Sanders for 8 weeks. Adam's for 6. And Clement for the season. I hope that's not just gonna be all the time and I dont lose someone every game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Old 08-04-2019, 08:37 PM   #155
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpauley23
I thought the QB play was really realistic. Joe Flacco was 24/38 for 282 yards and threw 3 TDs with 1 INT.

That doesn't sound realistic in the slightest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2019, 09:07 PM   #156
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajiky
That doesn't sound realistic in the slightest.
How so? In 9 games last year, Flacco averaged 274 yards with 61 percent completion percentage. Seems pretty accurate to me
Old 08-04-2019, 09:32 PM   #157
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

Well in large part of was a joke, but and as a Bronco fan I hate to say this, the most unreal part is the 3-1 TD to INT ratio. He started off the year better than he'd played in awhile, but even with those averages you quoted, he'd have surpassed them a bit with 3 TDs and only one pick all in the same game.

I'm just saying if he averages those stats over an entire Madden season, the sliders would be way off, if they were intended to stimulate realistic stats.

It's a game that could happen of course, but it would be up around the 95+% of the possible games that he would have turned in over the last 5 years or so.

Last edited by Sajiky; 08-04-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:57 PM   #158
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Just a quick question that is NOT slider related...

Is anyone seeing off the ball injuries? I've played 12 games in my franchise and I'm pretty sure I have yet to see one. Hopefully they didn't take this out!?
I HAVE seen them. If you see a injury notification and a player go to his knee, then that is an off-ball injury.

One other injury related note:

I DO suggest turning Pre-Existing Injuries OFF in your franchise menu. This seems to help with injury variety (though RBs are still heavily favored to get hurt - like real life). One thing...IF you turn Pre-Existing Injuries Off in the middle of a season, it will wipe out ALL injuries league-wide, so tread carefully.

Some people are also beginning to consider manual editing of RB injury ratings to compensate. Honestly, that's probably the best solution overall....injury sliders jack with gameplay too much and even that aside, lowering that slider will also lower injuries too much for other positions.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:07 PM   #159
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

Lastly, I know they’ve said they tune from AP as the base, but unless there was a drastic change from M19 to M20, the variable differences between AM and AP are closer to each other compared to the differences between AP and Pro Difficulty Level.
- in some respects like Passblock vs DefensiveMove_Timer, Pro Level favors the Sim Play Style and ratings more than AP/AM because there’s no delay imposed on the initial defensive move.

So you may end up getting some residual AM Comp tunings since AM/AP variables are close in nature.

Sorry Josh, just felt this was some important information to be considered in relation to possible Difficulty Level impact.
Yeah, Khalib, that more or less jives with my observations as well thus far. I definitely see a couple of imbalances on AP in those areas. In some respects though, it's added a little 'meat' to the AP gameplay this year.

Good team-building and strategic use of players can more-or-less mitigate them - which is why I don't think it's necessary to compensate for them with sliders.

Oh....and your insights are always welcome here sir.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:43 AM   #160
Rookie

Quick question, if I turn injuries off for
My cfm and keep the sliders oh they are in the OP, will that screw with the gameplay at all or should I just suck it up and keep injuries on?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »