Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-06-2019, 03:42 AM   #177
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterB33
Patch 1.07 is out now, looks like a lot of updates
Huh... Patch 1.07 is out for F1 2019.

I don't see any new Madden 20 patches anywhere, sadly.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #178
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Huh... Patch 1.07 is out for F1 2019.

I don't see any new Madden 20 patches anywhere, sadly.

It was just a small one that came out yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-06-2019, 02:18 PM   #179
Rookie

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Josh, would you be so kind and share your thoughts on following adjustments and how they may impact CFM gameplay?

1) raising threshold (e.g. to 75)?

Midway through last year, EA increased the values in threshold to where old 50 was the new 75, and old 0 was the new 50, or something like that. You yourself ran with 60 or 65 after that change. What if this increase in threshold values applies to M20 as well? Shouldn't we play with 75 threshold, then?

2) what do you think about setting your profile difficulty to something else than what you run with inside your CFM?

E.g. you select "Rookie" when setting up your profile but then select "All Pro" when starting a CFM? (Schnaidt, for example, uses this.) What good/bad does it do?

3) if you were to change some gameplay sliders in your CFM, would you first change them in MM and import them into CFM, or run with default values in MM and make adjustments strictly inside CFM?

Many thanks in advance for your kind input.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 08-06-2019, 03:34 PM   #180
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Josh, would you be so kind and share your thoughts on following adjustments and how they may impact CFM gameplay?

1) raising threshold (e.g. to 75)?

Midway through last year, EA increased the values in threshold to where old 50 was the new 75, and old 0 was the new 50, or something like that. You yourself ran with 60 or 65 after that change. What if this increase in threshold values applies to M20 as well? Shouldn't we play with 75 threshold, then?

2) what do you think about setting your profile difficulty to something else than what you run with inside your CFM?

E.g. you select "Rookie" when setting up your profile but then select "All Pro" when starting a CFM? (Schnaidt, for example, uses this.) What good/bad does it do?

3) if you were to change some gameplay sliders in your CFM, would you first change them in MM and import them into CFM, or run with default values in MM and make adjustments strictly inside CFM?

Many thanks in advance for your kind input.
1. First, 75 thresh was way too high (in hindsight, the original 50 was too high as well) last year....made linemen too fast relative to the backs and de-synced the run game (in addition to causing QB AI issues). I tested thresh extensively this year and based on what I observed, it's my opinion that Thresh should be no higher than 52 unless you are willing to modify gameplay sliders.

2. I have not tested this type of approach this year so I will not comment.

3. Neither approach is "better" - I recommend following the lead of whoever's slider set you are using.

Edit: as a side-note....I don't feel that I am quite done yet with thresh...the more of a feel I get for the game, the more the little imperfections are standing out.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-06-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:52 PM   #181
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like the idea of not touching as much as possible on the sliders because I think it starts to skew the ratings. I have being doing a test CFM with the Browns using these with pretty good results.

The biggest thing I am looking for is stats to be realistic, but also teams that should losing and etc. For instance, I am going to start a Skins CFM without Alex Smith. They should not beat a team like the Saints for instance 30-10..but should beat say, on a a non-turnover day, the Giants. At least in season 1. So later on I will be streaming tonight and testing out live with the Skins to see what happens. Really like the thought process though Josh, a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #182
Rookie

Thetruedarksun's Arena

OVR: 0

What up Josh? Been using your sliders for a few maddens now ( always with some changes as I seek to get sim gameplay stats wise ) but I usually leave gameplay alone as you suggested. One thing I have used tho sliders wise is turning Fatigue up to 60.

Now Iíll admit I havenít played a single game of CFM this year Iíve only tested this in exhibition games ( Iíve played at least 20 maybe more all with the bears ) and it seems to help with robo Qb by taking top players out of the game once or twice per possession.

I used it last year as well with same results with the exception of a few anomalies a season. But like I said have yet to jump in CFM yet will let you know what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-06-2019, 04:47 PM   #183
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruedarksun
What up Josh? Been using your sliders for a few maddens now ( always with some changes as I seek to get sim gameplay stats wise ) but I usually leave gameplay alone as you suggested. One thing I have used tho sliders wise is turning Fatigue up to 60.

Now Iíll admit I havenít played a single game of CFM this year Iíve only tested this in exhibition games ( Iíve played at least 20 maybe more all with the bears ) and it seems to help with robo Qb by taking top players out of the game once or twice per possession.

I used it last year as well with same results with the exception of a few anomalies a season. But like I said have yet to jump in CFM yet will let you know what happens.
Yeah, let us know. Fatigue is a very tricky slider. Keep an eye out for 'jogging' with higher fatigue settings (like DBs or LBs jogging in coverage) - that's a sure sign that it's too high.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #184
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbroke
I like the idea of not touching as much as possible on the sliders because I think it starts to skew the ratings. I have being doing a test CFM with the Browns using these with pretty good results.

The biggest thing I am looking for is stats to be realistic, but also teams that should losing and etc. For instance, I am going to start a Skins CFM without Alex Smith. They should not beat a team like the Saints for instance 30-10..but should beat say, on a a non-turnover day, the Giants. At least in season 1. So later on I will be streaming tonight and testing out live with the Skins to see what happens. Really like the thought process though Josh, a lot.
I'm using the Skins in franchise right now (I'm going with Alex for year 1....he'll likely regress and be out of the picture in year 2). It's tough sledding...the DBs and MLBs suck horribly in coverage ratings-wise....I've gotten picked apart in most of my games thus far and have the 'good fortune' to play the Pats next....that should be fun....

Best of luck!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »