Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #241
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
They were edits made when previously attempting a different approach to address a couple of the game's issues. They are simply no longer needed (nor recommended due to the potential for deleterious impacts) with the current setup.
Cool thanks. I enjoy the thought you put in to each tweak, so was just curious
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2019, 09:33 AM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any other last minute settings for Franchise mode? About to start my franchise with the Redskins!

I am using default 75 man preseason roster, have sliders exactly as they are listed on the OP, etc
Old 08-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #243
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonboy_003
Any other last minute settings for Franchise mode? About to start my franchise with the Redskins!

I am using default 75 man preseason roster, have sliders exactly as they are listed on the OP, etc
Nope, rock on.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:58 AM   #244
MVP

OVR: 6

The set is tremendous, Iíll say this: RATINGS MATTER.

Make sure you understand the opponent, but also self scout. Iím improving because I understand what my guys can do best now, and I call plays accordingly.

Injuries take a huge toll as well, so always be looking to upgrade your depth. Iím still in the camp that there are too many injuries to ball carriers, but it is what it is. Canít change the slider, so Iíve gone to more roster edits (which are no guarantee either).

Cheers boys and gals! Letís see some franchise updates from everyone!
Old 08-09-2019, 10:29 AM   #245
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just want to say, I played about 12 games with your sliders in my first season of my Franchise. We went 11-1 and the games were starting to get a little stale, so I went another direction and tried someone else's sliders from game 13-SB...We still blew everyone out, except for the Patriots.

Next season, preseason game 1 was a ridiculous blowout...so I decided to give your sliders another shot. This time though, I went to the main menu and made the changes there that you recommend (somehow I'd forgotten to do that before). My GAWD! What a difference! I finished the preseason 3-1 and the games felt smooth and challenging, everything was better. Control, injuries, challenge, I punted more than I've done in a long long time.

Week 1 against the Panthers was one of the best games of madden I think I've ever played! It was our rookie QB's first NFL game and my god he started slow. I think he was 4-18 for 48 yards 0tds 1int at halftime. Offensively we just weren't having a good day. The pressure kept getting to him and he'd constantly overthrow the receiver. Michael Thomas just barely couldn't get his feet inbounds on a beautiful deep corner throw. We were just off rythme. It was 17-3 at halftime, Kuechly had caused 1 fumble.

We came out that second half, completed a 2 play drive that ended with a deep post route that beat the cover 1 blitz for a TD! The rook threw the most beautiful lob I've ever seen in a Madden game just as he got lite up by a blitzing safety. 75yds and we never looked back! We won 31-24, rookie ended up throwing 4tds and Kuechly caused one more fumble, but my god what a game it was!

Thanks for helping me have one of the best Madden experiences I've had in a long long time bro!

Stats (other than opposing teams completion percentages (70% ish) were INCREDIBLY realistic. Our HB averaged about 4.6ypc for just under 100yds. Cam Newton had about 300yds and my rookie 250yds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2019, 10:30 AM   #246
Rookie

OVR: 0

OK got a big problem. Started my franchise mode with the Skins.

Adrian Peterson, Darrius Guice, Bryce Love all have suffered serious injuries and its not even halftime yet.

Along with 2 guys on my defense. WTF?
Old 08-09-2019, 10:50 AM   #247
Rookie

Executor's Arena

Quote:

Adrian Peterson, Darrius Guice, Bryce Love all have suffered serious injuries and its not even halftime yet.

I play with sliders based on Josh's set and philosophy, with only some minor tweaks not really worth mentioning, except one:

I have injury slider set at 45 inside CFM (50 in MM) and I barely see any injuries except fo my HBs, and even these are no longer than out-for-the-game. No off-ball injuries to anybody, though. No injuries to other positions, game-long or out several for several weeks. But I am still afraid of what I would see with injuries turned up to 50, especially regarding HBs. I really do not want my HB room turning into a MASH unit, which obviously is your case, and many others see that, too.

Josh what do YOU see, especially in regard to your HBs, but also in general?
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

Last edited by Executor; 08-09-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:57 AM   #248
Rookie

Quote:

I too have had a couple injuries to my RBS with these sliders, but I will say Adrian Peterson, Darrius Guice, and Bryce Love are all players who have histories of injuries. Guice hasn't played a down in the NFL yet because of injury, Bryce Love missed most of last year in college due to injury, and I can't remember the last time AP finished a whole season. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened in real life, to be honest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »