Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2019, 08:08 AM   #305
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
One.....game.....
Man I'm glad I have your sliders cuz reading through this thread has to be rough. I couldn't do it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2019, 09:20 AM   #306
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbits
Is there anything that can be done about the CPU QB just going backwards when facing pressure in the pocket?

This is probably the only thing keeping me from enjoying the game at its fullest at this point. Loving these sliders.
I feel ya - it's easily the biggest wart gameplay-wise right now. First, this IS a known issue that EA is apparently working on addressing.

From what I've seen this seems to be an issue mainly when a) coverage is very tight and b) when the CPU calls 4-verts or shot plays.

There may be options...

1. Reverting the DPI/DH changes back to default MAY help this by loosening the coverage. Of course, it's loosening the coverage....so there's a downside. Honestly, I don't think that this is the 'fix' as I've seen it on 100% default where the coverage is much looser.

2. Changing RTP to 51 may help. But the downside here is two-fold. One, you may get a rash of questionable calls (primarily vs the CPU at times - personally, I would just decline them). The second is that I have seen (and reported) a bug where it will be called if a QB is hit on a INT/fumble return. To be honest, this is probably the preferred option for me personally - but I 100% understand it if people do not like it.

3. The unknown...there may be some unexplored tweaks that can help. I'm not confident that there are, but once I get through my current season - I'll poke and prod to see if I can find anything.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #307
MVP

OVR: 6

Will be watching your 2nd season closely in regards to injuries. Curious to see if year 2 will lessen ball carrier injuries.

For me it’s the biggest “obstacle” left with the gameplay. The QB drop back is ugly, but that’s an EA fix.

I’ve gone the roster edit route, and added +5 to all HB’s injury rating. That has done almost nothing to lessen the frequency. My next route will be to look at the toughness rating. Maybe we can’t lessen frequency, but my hope would be to lessen the severity.

Will let you guys know if I find anything worthwhile.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #308
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Will be watching your 2nd season closely in regards to injuries. Curious to see if year 2 will lessen ball carrier injuries.

For me it’s the biggest “obstacle” left with the gameplay. The QB drop back is ugly, but that’s an EA fix.

I’ve gone the roster edit route, and added +5 to all HB’s injury rating. That has done almost nothing to lessen the frequency. My next route will be to look at the toughness rating. Maybe we can’t lessen frequency, but my hope would be to lessen the severity.

Will let you guys know if I find anything worthwhile.
You know what's funny, they really tapered-off dramatically after the first couple of weeks for me. I'd go as far as to say there weren't enough injuries overall (I'm literally down to one guy on the injured list - a guy I placed on IR). No....I'm not touching the injury slider...like every other stat...sample size is key. I also had a scenario pop-up that ultimately gave me a +3 boost to injury ratings...that certainly didn't hurt.

I could have a total opposite experience in year 2. And if I do....then which is the 'reality' (the super high injuries in this hypothetical Year 2 or the low injuries in Year 1)? That's why I think 3 years of data is critical....
Old 08-12-2019, 11:01 AM   #309
MVP

OVR: 6

Let me add, changing the injury slider is NOT a consideration for me at all.

Sample size indeed will be key.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #310
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
You know what's funny, they really tapered-off dramatically after the first couple of weeks for me. I'd go as far as to say there weren't enough injuries overall (I'm literally down to one guy on the injured list - a guy I placed on IR). No....I'm not touching the injury slider...like every other stat...sample size is key. I also had a scenario pop-up that ultimately gave me a +3 boost to injury ratings...that certainly didn't hurt.

I could have a total opposite experience in year 2. And if I do....then which is the 'reality' (the super high injuries in this hypothetical Year 2 or the low injuries in Year 1)? That's why I think 3 years of data is critical....
An interesting thing is that this happens within the first 2 weeks of 2K as well - Injuries occur on a rapid rate but after the first 2 week onslaught - they seem to start leveling out
Old 08-12-2019, 01:27 PM   #311
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I will reiterate that injuries at default 50/50 (MM and CFM slider menu) are very good and fair.

My personal tweak is when you advance to the next week, I highly suggest if you want to see league wide injuries and variety set the slider to 52 when you advance and then set it back to 50 when you play your game that week.

Works fantastic. And it has been tested in many many season simulation runs.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2019, 02:10 PM   #312
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Well, I've had a very interesting year 1 with my Redskins. After a 1-4 start to the season, we benched Alex Smith and went with Haskins at QB. That same week, the defensive captain held a team-only meeting (giving the defense a boost in morale) and after narrowly escaping a Week 6 win vs the inept Dolphins, we went on a streak vs a fairly cushy schedule.

Fast forward to Week 17. We were 9-6, the Cowboys and Eagles 9-5-1 after tying in week 16. We had to win to get in...and we did in a hard fought game. Shockingly, in a parity-filled NFC, our 10-6 mark gave us the division title AND a first round bye (a loss would've likely kept us out of the playoffs entirely). FWIW, the AFC had a much clearer spread of teams (with the Chargers and Browns leading the way).

Tonight, we have a tough contest vs a healthy Rams squad in the Divisional Round. The winner will play the winner of the Saints/Falcons matchup (which is always a doozy). In all honesty, in spite of having the better record and home-field....I feel like the underdog here.

As good as some of my young guys (Haskins, McLaurin, Sweat, Allen) are....the core of the team are aging vets (Trent Williams, Kerrigan, Norman, DRC, Scherff, AP, etc.). They're going to regress and/or retire and the question will be how we can replace them. THIS is where the franchise is really going to get interesting - while the playoff berth in year 1 was fun and makes for one heck of a story, this isn't a team built for the long-term. I strongly expect that we will go downhill in years 2 and 3 - hopefully while building a stronger core group of players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »