Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 07-30-2019, 07:18 PM   #25
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Streaming Live in 5 minutes with OP except RTP at 50 and Face Mask at 50. These seem to be the two most problematic penalties so far.

http://twitch.tv/tc020791
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 08:16 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

First game with sliders to start my Browns CFM. Played the Titans to a 40-40 tie.

Seems high scoring, but a lot of wonky stuff happened. They blocked a punt, and I fumbled on a kick return. I also accidentally blitzed all (getting used to the new pre-play adjustments) and gave up a 70-yard TD as a result. I also threw a horrible pick-six on a bad RPO play.

Also contributing to the score were, what I felt were, the high amount of penalties. They had 11-116, I had 9-99. I think there were 5+ facemasks and roughing the passers, the latter of which didn't seem to have any merit based on what was actually happening on the field. To me, it seemed like penalties called based on RNG and not animations or actions.

Coverage was OK. Saw some bad stuff with defenders making glitchy breaks out of position, but I only completed 63% with Mayfield. Mariota was 29-38 for 360, but 200+ yards were from RAC. He was dumping it off a ton, which was pretty realistic. Interested to see if this is different with better/more daring QBs.

Looking forward to playing more, and I might just put penalty sliders at default. My personal preference is for less penalties than more, if the more doesn't feel earned.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:12 PM   #27
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Josh, do you think deleting the profile each week helps keep the wacky games that happen at times in check as some others do? Just curious what you opinion is.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:22 AM   #28
Pro

A week after my shootout with the Titans, it was refreshing to play a defensive game on a rainy Monday Night against the Jets. Browns win 17-13.

Darnold was similar to Mariotta in this one, check down city. He finished 13-19 for 217, but had a 75 and 47 yard TDs to Robby Anderson. One was on an in route against cover 0, where Greedy Williams got beat. I'm interested to see if better QBs take more shots.

Another thing I noticed is that Darnold really held the ball. This led to a lot of sacks, 7 total in the game. That's not a bad thing, but Garrett had 4.5, and he had 4 last week. This might be a negative side effect with X-factor, but I am loving the impact he's having on these games.

I put penalties back at 50 and got no calls. Hopefully we can find some balance here, but that still felt better than what I experienced in GM 1.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:51 AM   #29
Pro

vertman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
First game with sliders to start my Browns CFM. Played the Titans to a 40-40 tie.

Seems high scoring, but a lot of wonky stuff happened. They blocked a punt, and I fumbled on a kick return. I also accidentally blitzed all (getting used to the new pre-play adjustments) and gave up a 70-yard TD as a result. I also threw a horrible pick-six on a bad RPO play.

Also contributing to the score were, what I felt were, the high amount of penalties. They had 11-116, I had 9-99. I think there were 5+ facemasks and roughing the passers, the latter of which didn't seem to have any merit based on what was actually happening on the field. To me, it seemed like penalties called based on RNG and not animations or actions.

Coverage was OK. Saw some bad stuff with defenders making glitchy breaks out of position, but I only completed 63% with Mayfield. Mariota was 29-38 for 360, but 200+ yards were from RAC. He was dumping it off a ton, which was pretty realistic. Interested to see if this is different with better/more daring QBs.

Looking forward to playing more, and I might just put penalty sliders at default. My personal preference is for less penalties than more, if the more doesn't feel earned.
What you described in the first paragraph doesn't sound wonky at all and 2 of those things you admitted were your mistakes. Fumbles on kick returns and blocked punts happen every Sunday but I do agree the final scores have been to high for my liking
Old 07-31-2019, 07:59 AM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
What you described in the first paragraph doesn't sound wonky at all and 2 of those things you admitted were your mistakes. Fumbles on kick returns and blocked punts happen every Sunday but I do agree the final scores have been to high for my liking
Wonky in terms of they impacted the final score being high in a way that was more to do with my mistake / a random occurence that should happen like a blocked punt but that won't happen every game, and not a reflection of something off with the game or the sliders. I'm also going to be posting recaps for all of my games as I play through the first season. As you'll see in my second post, the Jets game was a low-scoring affair.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:25 AM   #31
Pro

vertman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Wonky in terms of they impacted the final score being high in a way that was more to do with my mistake / a random occurence that should happen like a blocked punt but that won't happen every game, and not a reflection of something off with the game or the sliders. I'm also going to be posting recaps for all of my games as I play through the first season. As you'll see in my second post, the Jets game was a low-scoring affair.
I got ya, wonky to me means there are weird things that happen with the game engine and don't reflect what we see on Sunday. I kind of like the high number of penalties and I am pretty much following Josh, Armor , Imac and Tdawg to find the right balance in the game. I know they all share notes and feedback so I am confident they will come up with a nice set that we can enjoy, they always do. Enjoy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 09:15 AM   #32
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
Josh, do you think deleting the profile each week helps keep the wacky games that happen at times in check as some others do? Just curious what you opinion is.
I've never been one to subscribe to the 'do it before every game' theory.
OCCASIONAL profile deletions would help in older games because after a while, you'd start to see some very odd/buggy animations (extreme warping/suction). The animations in this game are, in general, much smoother and as such, I think profile deletions are no longer needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »