Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2019, 03:00 PM   #313
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

I just added a clarification to the OP. Main Menu autosubs should be set to 60 Out/80 In (i.e. the default setting) - they should also be set this way in CFM. The OP inadvertently stated to set them to 50 in the MM (along with the gameplay/penalty sliders).

Hopefully this didn't trip anyone up...but just in case, it's been corrected.

Edit: I also added the option back for RTP at 51. I'm probably going to move back to this value full time. However, I totally understand the annoying tendencies this penalty has (so I am going to make this an optional tweak).

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-12-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:32 PM   #314
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I just added a clarification to the OP. Main Menu autosubs should be set to 60 Out/80 In (i.e. the default setting) - they should also be set this way in CFM. The OP inadvertently stated to set them to 50 in the MM (along with the gameplay/penalty sliders).

Hopefully this didn't trip anyone up...but just in case, it's been corrected.

Edit: I also added the option back for RTP at 51. I'm probably going to move back to this value full time. However, I totally understand the annoying tendencies this penalty has (so I am going to make this an optional tweak).

I like having RTP at 51 it gives you more penalties which is more realistic… There are however far too many facemask penalty’s from what I’ve noticed maybe I’ve just had a bad stretch. Diversity in penalties would be nice but I understand if you start messing with that it messes up gameplay… Not ignorant to that
Old 08-12-2019, 11:01 PM   #315
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Will be watching your 2nd season closely in regards to injuries. Curious to see if year 2 will lessen ball carrier injuries.

For me it’s the biggest “obstacle” left with the gameplay. The QB drop back is ugly, but that’s an EA fix.

I’ve gone the roster edit route, and added +5 to all HB’s injury rating. That has done almost nothing to lessen the frequency. My next route will be to look at the toughness rating. Maybe we can’t lessen frequency, but my hope would be to lessen the severity.

Will let you guys know if I find anything worthwhile.

It’s actually kind of fun knowing that RBs are more fragile in the beginning of the year. It also makes sense in a way, because player’s bodies aren’t used to the punishment early in the season. It brings in a whole new level of strategy early on in your season. Do you give Saquon 25 touches week 1 and risk losing him for 6 weeks? Or do you just give him 15 and see if you can still come up with the win. People also probably don’t realize that if your stamina is low, you’re probably more likely to get injured. I can’t say for sure though. But it seems if you keep feeding your RB he will eventually get hurt. You can’t give it to him 4 times in a row. Teams don’t do that anymore in the NFL. When you meet a safety or linebacker at the sideline are you going to try and juke him or are you going to step out of bounds? I’ve been loving having to actually think about stuff like this. I never have before in Madden. It also makes sense because RBs are by fair the most injured players of all sports, let alone football.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by tc020791; 08-12-2019 at 11:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2019, 02:01 AM   #316
Rookie

Quote:
You know what's funny, they really tapered-off dramatically after the first couple of weeks for me. I'd go as far as to say there weren't enough injuries overall (I'm literally down to one guy on the injured list - a guy I placed on IR). No....I'm not touching the injury slider...like every other stat...sample size is key. I also had a scenario pop-up that ultimately gave me a +3 boost to injury ratings...that certainly didn't hurt.

I could have a total opposite experience in year 2. And if I do....then which is the 'reality' (the super high injuries in this hypothetical Year 2 or the low injuries in Year 1)? That's why I think 3 years of data is critical....

From my Cowboys franchise, year 2 has been awful (in a good way) injury-wise. By the time week 1 was over (played pre-season), I had lost a tight end, 2 RBs, starting QB, a LB, and a WR

Old 08-13-2019, 03:34 AM   #317
Rookie

Thetruedarksun's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, let us know. Fatigue is a very tricky slider. Keep an eye out for 'jogging' with higher fatigue settings (like DBs or LBs jogging in coverage) - that's a sure sign that it's too high.

Ok only six games in 4 preseason and 2 reg season. I’m the Dolphins using base 3-4 and vertical power offense. I added Eric Berry and traded Minkah Fitzpatrick, Josh Rosen and a 1st for Dwayne Haskins ( had to force the trade because cpu was like **** off ) and did a trade for Guice straight up for Drake which the cpu did take but whatever. I also added nick perry and Austin Seferian Jenkins all this was before first game of preseason.

I’m using the original set of sliders Josh posted with the DPI and IMDF changes only. My tweaks are I have fatigue to 60 and injuries to 40.

My preseason was uneventful outside of the fact I can’t use Kenny Stills have had this problem with him in past Maddens so traded him to Greenbay for Josh Jackson.

So First 2 reg season games were good. Played the Ravens Lamar Jackson had 59% completion percentage with 262 yards 1 Td and 7 carries for 62 yards we sacked him 3 times and won on a last second FG 32-30. Haskins had 304 yards 2 TDS on 64% completions sacked 5 times, both had 8 yards or so averaged per play.

Second game vs the Pats we lost 30 to 20 Brady was unstoppable 464 yards 4 TD’s 2 INT’s on 78% passing we sacked him once yes once lol. My secondary even with Berry and Howard is garbage defense overall is trash main resin I picked the Dolphins they have to be built. Haskins Had 278 2 TD,s 2 INT’s on 50% completed passes. Haskins also took 8 sacks. My highest rated Olineman is 80 got him in a trade with Seattle for my SS since I signed Berry.

All my other stats are pretty sim for Josh haven’t seen any jogging linemen or tight ends but in this small sample size even in preseason QB pass percentage is between 57 and 78 and the 78 was Tom Brady against the Dolphins D.

Guice has fumbled 4 times in 2 games but that’s on me not protecting the ball other than that fumble issue hasn’t been a problem and I like the RTP where it is getting between 1-3 a game including the preseason and most are on me I control the rushing LB in my 3-4 cpu has had a few on Haskins as well.

I have 2 injuries so far 1 for 3 weeks the other was 5 weeks both happening in game 1.

I’m hesitant to use the new tweaks you’ve added as the game has been going great as I have it now will update more as I go.

Last edited by Thetruedarksun; 08-13-2019 at 03:38 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:27 PM   #318
MVP

OVR: 9

Really appreciate how you explain your goals for the slider set, kudos to that.

Question about them, do you feel that Accellerated Clock changes the gameplay in a specific way? I really like Accell clock because it more accurately mimmicks the amount of time that runs off between plays in an NFL game and helps alleviate issues with CPU clock management, and it allows me to more quickly move through a game when I have an insurmountable lead... without turning to "Clock Kill" coaches setting (which leaves you no time for adjustments).

Do you think accell clock being off is a hard recommendation (e.g., it disrupts your sliders too much to turn it on), is a personal preference, or if I turned on accell clock I should boost quarter time up to ~12mins or something?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterArtz
From my Cowboys franchise, year 2 has been awful (in a good way) injury-wise. By the time week 1 was over (played pre-season), I had lost a tight end, 2 RBs, starting QB, a LB, and a WR

I believe Madden has a hard limit of 8 injuries per team, so if those are lengthy injuries, then you won't see many more.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:31 PM   #319
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Really appreciate how you explain your goals for the slider set, kudos to that.

Question about them, do you feel that Accellerated Clock changes the gameplay in a specific way? I really like Accell clock because it more accurately mimmicks the amount of time that runs off between plays in an NFL game and helps alleviate issues with CPU clock management, and it allows me to more quickly move through a game when I have an insurmountable lead... without turning to "Clock Kill" coaches setting (which leaves you no time for adjustments).

Do you think accell clock being off is a hard recommendation (e.g., it disrupts your sliders too much to turn it on), is a personal preference, or if I turned on accell clock I should boost quarter time up to ~12mins or something?

Thanks!

I believe Madden has a hard limit of 8 injuries per team, so if those are lengthy injuries, then you won't see many more.

I have a long-winded answer to that....give me some time to get back to you....
Old 08-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #320
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruedarksun
Ok only six games in 4 preseason and 2 reg season. I’m the Dolphins using base 3-4 and vertical power offense. I added Eric Berry and traded Minkah Fitzpatrick, Josh Rosen and a 1st for Dwayne Haskins ( had to force the trade because cpu was like **** off ) and did a trade for Guice straight up for Drake which the cpu did take but whatever. I also added nick perry and Austin Seferian Jenkins all this was before first game of preseason.

I’m using the original set of sliders Josh posted with the DPI and IMDF changes only. My tweaks are I have fatigue to 60 and injuries to 40.

My preseason was uneventful outside of the fact I can’t use Kenny Stills have had this problem with him in past Maddens so traded him to Greenbay for Josh Jackson.

So First 2 reg season games were good. Played the Ravens Lamar Jackson had 59% completion percentage with 262 yards 1 Td and 7 carries for 62 yards we sacked him 3 times and won on a last second FG 32-30. Haskins had 304 yards 2 TDS on 64% completions sacked 5 times, both had 8 yards or so averaged per play.

Second game vs the Pats we lost 30 to 20 Brady was unstoppable 464 yards 4 TD’s 2 INT’s on 78% passing we sacked him once yes once lol. My secondary even with Berry and Howard is garbage defense overall is trash main resin I picked the Dolphins they have to be built. Haskins Had 278 2 TD,s 2 INT’s on 50% completed passes. Haskins also took 8 sacks. My highest rated Olineman is 80 got him in a trade with Seattle for my SS since I signed Berry.

All my other stats are pretty sim for Josh haven’t seen any jogging linemen or tight ends but in this small sample size even in preseason QB pass percentage is between 57 and 78 and the 78 was Tom Brady against the Dolphins D.

Guice has fumbled 4 times in 2 games but that’s on me not protecting the ball other than that fumble issue hasn’t been a problem and I like the RTP where it is getting between 1-3 a game including the preseason and most are on me I control the rushing LB in my 3-4 cpu has had a few on Haskins as well.

I have 2 injuries so far 1 for 3 weeks the other was 5 weeks both happening in game 1.

I’m hesitant to use the new tweaks you’ve added as the game has been going great as I have it now will update more as I go.

The amount of moves you made is totally ridiculous for 2 weeks into a season. How is that rebuilding a team? You pretty much have a totally different team already. Why don’t you just do a fantasy draft?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »