Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-13-2019, 01:34 PM   #321
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
The amount of moves you made is totally ridiculous for 2 weeks into a season. How is that rebuilding a team? You pretty much have a totally different team already. Why don’t you just do a fantasy draft?
His owner demands results by any means necessary!!

We all play our franchise modes in different ways...I wouldn't have done a bunch of trades either...but, hey, if we all played the same way, that would be boring.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-13-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2019, 01:54 PM   #322
Rookie

Thetruedarksun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
The amount of moves you made is totally ridiculous for 2 weeks into a season. How is that rebuilding a team? You pretty much have a totally different team already. Why donít you just do a fantasy draft?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

The amount of moves I made had no affect on the sliders which is what we are discussing here in this thread is it not? The moves o made were to get players that fit my scheme as the Dolphins ran neither of the schemes I chose. Anyway outside of the moves the issue Iím having is Cpu WR never drop passes even when covered tight itís always a catch. I use my entire playbook as suggested last night played the Cowboys and Dak went 21-25 even with pressure and tight coverage Dallas receivers caught everything any thoughts?

Old 08-13-2019, 03:10 PM   #323
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruedarksun
The amount of moves I made had no affect on the sliders which is what we are discussing here in this thread is it not?
Yup, I agree.

As a side note....scheme 'fit' is nowhere near as important this year as it was last year from a development standpoint. So, you can be a lot more creative with the talent you have on-hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruedarksun
Anyway outside of the moves the issue Iím having is Cpu WR never drop passes even when covered tight itís always a catch. I use my entire playbook as suggested last night played the Cowboys and Dak went 21-25 even with pressure and tight coverage Dallas receivers caught everything any thoughts?
Actually, they drop balls ALL the time...a couple of tips...

1. change up the coach adjustment here and there for the DBs (maybe set it to 'Play Receiver'.
2. R1 is your absolute best friend. Switch to the DB covering the receiver and use that strip ball mechanic on those contested catches. They'll cough them up.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #324
Banned

Does fatigue have a negative impact on penalties? I asked Tommy and he said it use to but he not sure if it still does now.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #325
Rookie

Thetruedarksun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yup, I agree.

As a side note....scheme 'fit' is nowhere near as important this year as it was last year from a development standpoint. So, you can be a lot more creative with the talent you have on-hand.

Actually, they drop balls ALL the time...a couple of tips...

1. change up the coach adjustment here and there for the DBs (maybe set it to 'Play Receiver'.

2. R1 is your absolute best friend. Switch to the DB covering the receiver and use that strip ball mechanic on those contested catches. They'll cough them up.

Iíll try this today. Didnít know they dropped the emphasis on scheme fit either. Last year after a while it became hard to develop guys.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2019, 05:22 PM   #326
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I just added a clarification to the OP. Main Menu autosubs should be set to 60 Out/80 In (i.e. the default setting) - they should also be set this way in CFM. The OP inadvertently stated to set them to 50 in the MM (along with the gameplay/penalty sliders).

Hopefully this didn't trip anyone up...but just in case, it's been corrected.

Edit: I also added the option back for RTP at 51. I'm probably going to move back to this value full time. However, I totally understand the annoying tendencies this penalty has (so I am going to make this an optional tweak).
Hey Josh, good work as ever. I see the OP has RTP at 50. Are you going back to that rather than 51?

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #327
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty White
Hey Josh, good work as ever. I see the OP has RTP at 50. Are you going back to that rather than 51?

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk
Undecided. I started to use it in my first preseason game last night in Year 2 and it seemed to add too much to the rush with the current OP.

Going to explore some other options.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:23 PM   #328
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants76
Does fatigue have a negative impact on penalties? I asked Tommy and he said it use to but he not sure if it still does now.
No idea, I don't mess with fatigue much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »