Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-14-2019, 12:30 PM   #345
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboy67
I chose the jets as my first project but man they are easy to rebuild. Got to the superbowl already in season 2 but lost to the Cowgirls. Jamal Adams is a dog and that defense is just missing a piece or two I picked up Kendall Fuller in the offseason and my pass D is great, Darnold plays amazing for me, Leveon rushes for almost 200 a game and Robbie Andersonís 94 speed torches almost every corner.

Anybody can suggest a real hard rebuild this year? I donít do trades or anything I play as sim as possible but Jets have it pretty good in madden.
T4Verts did an awesome breakdown of teams. He has links to his blogs with the rankings here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...analytics.html

Sometimes the worst teams for Year 1 aren't the toughest rebuilds. I can tell you right now that the Redskins team I'm using were way better in year 1 than they will be the next 2 or 3 seasons. Sometimes those franchises are way more interesting than "rebuilding" a team that has already been torn down and is flush with cap space.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #346
Rookie

Phillyboy67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
T4Verts did an awesome breakdown of teams. He has links to his blogs with the rankings here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...analytics.html

Sometimes the worst teams for Year 1 aren't the toughest rebuilds. I can tell you right now that the Redskins team I'm using were way better in year 1 than they will be the next 2 or 3 seasons. Sometimes those franchises are way more interesting than "rebuilding" a team that has already been torn down and is flush with cap space.
Thanks that list is great! Question for ya Josh: I know Guice isnít exactly LeVeon but do you fell user rushing is too easy? Bell might just be one of those game breakers for me but even my backups could get 9 yards easy.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:55 PM   #347
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Robbie Anderson was a beast for me in M18 and M19 and I certainly hope he will continue that trend this year as well. He's my second most favourite football player and I just can't imagine playing without him.

That, combined with the new jerseys which I hope are at least half as amazing as IRL, made Jets a no brainer for me this year.

Plus it shapes up fo be exactly my kind of rebuild: o-line, WRs and secondary. Can't wait!
Just caught this post......I am playing The Jets tonight in my year 1 Fins CFM always a tough two games for me every season regardless of rosters. Division rival games always take on a life of their own.
Madden 21 (Fins YR2 4-1)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-14-2019, 01:35 PM   #348
Rookie

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Just caught this post......I am playing The Jets tonight in my year 1 Fins CFM always a tough two games for me every season regardless of rosters. Division rival games always take on a life of their own.
I actually hate them divisonal games, tbh. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but last two Maddens I felt like something (ratings?) was artificially boosted in those games to keep them close, no matter the "base" ratings.

As Packers in M18, I couldn't beat Bears and Vikings to save my life, but easily dismantled the Lions. As Titans in M19, Texans were unbeatable while Jaguars games were nail-biters, as was one of the Colts games; the second one, I always blew them out.

Hopefully that's not the case this year anymore...

Nevermind, part of why chose the Jets this year was the fact that the division except for Pats should be playable even with relatively flawed roster. Miami is... whatever it is, and Bills are not far ahead, either. And after Brady retires... boom!!! The path to division crown and thus playoffs should be WIDE open.

Btw, are you going to roll with auto-generated draft classes, Armor? (I'll bet my house that Josh is, so no point asking him. )
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 08-14-2019, 01:44 PM   #349
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboy67
Thanks that list is great! Question for ya Josh: I know Guice isn’t exactly LeVeon but do you fell user rushing is too easy? Bell might just be one of those game breakers for me but even my backups could get 9 yards easy.
I'm assuming you're using the OP exactly as laid-out. If not, please let me know what tweaks you've made.

I'll tell you this....my first year, AP and Guice split carries and both had YPC around 4.5. That's a decent success rate for those guys and I'm just ok on the sticks (though decent at changing block assignments to maximize the run).

I think if you're decent or better on the sticks and are using a great back with an even decent O-line....it might be a bit easy for ya. I strongly suspect that EA is going to tone down a couple of things (the "armbar") for the first gameplay patch.

As it sounds like you might be looking for another project - try finding a team with a crap line and crap RB. That will give you a good read on if it is the setup that is a touch easy for you or if it is just that you were using a good back.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-14-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:53 PM   #350
Rookie

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I'm assuming you're using the OP exactly as laid-out. If not, please let me know what tweaks you've made.

I'll tell you this....my first year, AP and Guice split carries and both had YPC around 4.5. That's a decent success rate for those guys and I'm just ok on the sticks (though decent at changing block assignments to maximize the run).

I think if you're decent or better on the sticks and are using a great back with an even decent O-line....it might be a bit easy for ya. I strongly suspect that EA is going to tone down a couple of things (the "armbar") for the first gameplay patch.

As it sounds like you might be looking for another project - try finding a team with a crap line and crap RB. That will give you a good read on if it is the setup that is a touch easy for you or if it is just that you were using a good back.
I don't even know what "armbar" is, but I already don't like what you're suggesting here, Josh (in regard to EA patching something). Unless it's something that you and folks like you agree it needs to be patched.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 08-14-2019, 01:58 PM   #351
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
I don't even know what "armbar" is, but I already don't like what you're suggesting here, Josh (in regard to EA patching something). Unless it's something that you and folks like you agree it needs to be patched.
They made stiffarms a bit ridiculous. It's worse on comp/arcade...but I do personally think it needs to be a bit less effective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #352
Rookie

Phillyboy67's Arena

Quote:
They made stiffarms a bit ridiculous. It's worse on comp/arcade...but I do personally think it needs to be a bit less effective.
I am using strictly the OP and honestly it probably is just Bell being the best back Iíve used since I always rebuild teams. But to build off of this how many moves do you make on a single play Josh? Iíve noticed the cpu a lot of the times will just let the defender run up and tackle them so maybe as a user I should sometimes not act like Shady McCoy every play. Seems too easy this year to but the shake on guys especially since CPU teams will start slow veterans over young guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »