Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-16-2019, 02:48 PM   #369
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilElf
Josh should we be running roughing the passer at 50 or 51? Or is it just personal preference ?
It's up to you.

I'm probably going to waffle on this all year
Old 08-16-2019, 04:07 PM   #370
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It's up to you.

I'm probably going to waffle on this all year
I’m rolling with it… It has its drawbacks. However if you can stomach it... it makes it more realistic

when you get a pick six only for it to get called back because of a dumb penalty! Irritating but realistic.��

It also adds more penalty yards onto the game which it really needs to be more realistic anyways ��

Last edited by EvilElf; 08-16-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:17 PM   #371
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Good morning.

I made some changes to the OP.

So, I am reverting the DPI and DH sliders back to default. The main issue was really the DPI - it closes down the coverage a bit too much (or at the very least, makes the CPU "think" coverage is too tight). Either way, the CPU isn't nearly as much a threat as they were before we made that change.

After testing out the changes last night and doing some video review, I do feel that raising DPI made the CPU offense less 'threatening' and it's a very consistent pattern (all of my losses since initially making the switch to 49DH/51DPI were due more to me 'blowing it' than the CPU 'beating me'....that's not what I want). In other words....we got some 'Slider RNG' there.

This is a great example of a change that sounds good on paper, looks good on the field initially, but then after a while, you start seeing the same patterns emerge. The last thing we want is to stifle the CPU offense - we do that, they handle the ball less, meaning our offenses get more time, wearing down our offensive guys more....it begins to skew everything.

The coverage with those values at default is still there...it's just going to be a bit more ratings-dependent. Make sure you make FULL use of the tools at-hand (shading, shifting, etc.) and pay close attention to ratings (especially with your LBs - you will get eaten alive by TEs if they suck in coverage).
Would this maybe be the reason i see the cpu doing a lot of short/dump off passes? Ever since i had that penalty slider like it the cpu was throwing 150 average on 35 attempts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2019, 01:29 PM   #372
Rookie

PrimetimeUTK's Arena

OVR: 2

3-3 so far in my Titans franchise with these sliders as they are posted now.

Overall, I feel really good about them. There have been stretches where CPU Robo-QB seems to pop-up or where I just cannot stop their offense at all. Some of it could be my playcalling. I don't get much pressure at all without blitzing...feel like I should get a little more push sometimes with Jurrell Casey and Cameron Wake playing side by side.

Injuries have plagued me...mainly RB position. Henry and Lewis both got hurt in pre-season, so signed Josh Adams from Eagles practice squad to play alongside my 3rd RB. That guy got hurt as well so had to sign Frank Gore to play with Adams. Two slower backs hurt my offense. Henry and Lewis are back now and all is good with the world. Gonna keep Adams going forward as my #3 and hold onto Gore for insurance purposes.

Have seen a lot of good variety in games. Lots of high scoring affairs due to pick 6s, kick returns, fumble returns, etc. for both sides. Finally held a team under 300 yds of offense last game...Broncos only mustered up 240 yds against me. Felt good...was starting to second guess my ability/playcalling and the sliders with how much offense was taking place through the first 5 games for both me and CPU.

Not seeing many penalties at all...that's really my only concern as I feel more penalties would help balance out some of my excessive yardage and enable both teams to get some more stops.

I know stats don't matter as much as feel/gameplay goes for these sliders but just wanted to throw a little stat update so far through 6 games:

#1 in Total Offense and PPG
#30 in Total Defense and worst Points Against
Worst TO difference in the league due to 19 giveaways...have lost 10 fumbles...
Top 10 in Sacks. Top 5 in INTs.
Mariota Top 5 in Yds and #1 with 16 Passing TDs. 8 picks in 6 games though.
Corey Davis #1 in Rec Yds and #4 in Rec TDs
Logan Ryan has 4 INTs, playing like a beast!
Adoree Jackson leading in Return yardage and avg.

https://www.twitch.tv/primetimeutk

NCAA: Tennessee Vols
NFL: Tennessee Titans
NHL: Nashville Predators
MLB: Atlanta Braves

Last edited by PrimetimeUTK; 08-17-2019 at 01:34 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #373
Rookie

Quick question for the people of this thread. What do you guys use for the player progression cycle? I currently have it at every 4 weeks with default xp sliders but iím curious as to what everyone else is running with.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-17-2019, 01:47 PM   #374
Rookie

PrimetimeUTK's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterArtz
Quick question for the people of this thread. What do you guys use for the player progression cycle? I currently have it at every 4 weeks with default xp sliders but i’m curious as to what everyone else is running with.

I run with Weekly with TDawgs sliders.

https://www.twitch.tv/primetimeutk

NCAA: Tennessee Vols
NFL: Tennessee Titans
NHL: Nashville Predators
MLB: Atlanta Braves

Last edited by PrimetimeUTK; 08-17-2019 at 01:48 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-17-2019, 10:10 PM   #375
Banned

Josh, is your original post sliders updated? Is it to much to ask to post your updated sliders? I feel like there are 50+ pages of messages and things have changed. I usually use armors and swords sliders but feel closer to default may be the way to go. Can you confirm original post is accurate and if not could you or someone post your updated sliders? Thanks man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2019, 12:23 AM   #376
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infowarrior1776
Josh, is your original post sliders updated? Is it to much to ask to post your updated sliders? I feel like there are 50+ pages of messages and things have changed. I usually use armors and swords sliders but feel closer to default may be the way to go. Can you confirm original post is accurate and if not could you or someone post your updated sliders? Thanks man.

The op is always up to date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »