Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-18-2019, 11:31 AM   #377
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

OK, so we have an update this morning.

Two big changes -

1. We are turning Ballhawk 'Off'. Originally turned on to help with coverage, it hurt more than helped after I looked at this again. With this off, CPU QBs are much more aggressive. Yeah, they'll still check-down, but they will also go downfield and overall play a much more intelligent game. The 'dropback' issue is still there, but it's muted. To compensate for the slightly weaker coverage, we're going back to the 49 Def Hold/51 DPI combo.

2. We're turning USER Tackling from 51 to 50. When I tested all 50s (i.e. all sliders at 50), I noticed that CPU runners were much more direct. This is something we've seen in past games where raising the tackling slider makes backs more evasive. The problem with all 50s is that we get the 'pinball' tackling due to too many hit stick attempts and offense gets out of hand. The beautiful thing is that the CPU TAK value at 51 induces fewer hit stick attempts FOR BOTH THE AI-CONTROLLED DEFENDERS ON THE CPU AND USER SIDE. So, by changing only the user value to 50, we milk the benefits of more direct running by the CPU with the better tackling dynamics - which curbs a lot of the crazy breakways seen at all 50.

In summary:
  • Ballhawk OFF (remember, if you change it in the Main Menu, it changes it everywhere)
  • CFM User TAK to 50 (CPU value stays at 51)
  • DPI to 51
  • DH to 49

As always, the OP has been updated.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-18-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #378
Rookie

J1992's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey man I need some advice. So I like the injury slider at 50 , I think it helps with coverage. I see a realistic amount of injuries for the whole team. But my runni backs always get hurt. I'm on my 3rd season and every season my RBs all get hurt and I have to get free agents. I think the injury slider is a lot more prone for RBs than anything else. I dont wanna change it but I every CFM my RBs are hurt everytime. What's your opinion on this?? Maybe you're not seeing the same thing and I'm having terrible luck but it sucks. I missed Kamara for 6 weeks , Derrick Henry for 8 weeks , Dion Lewis for 6 weeks and McCaffrey for the whole season. Then I got Blount from free agency and the first game after McCaffrey went down Blount got hurt and is out for 6 weeks too. What's your advice??
Old 08-18-2019, 01:26 PM   #379
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

Two big changes -

1. We are turning Ballhawk 'Off'. Originally turned on to help with coverage, it hurt more than helped after I looked at this again. With this on, CPU QBs are much more aggressive. Yeah, they'll still check-down, but they will also go downfield and overall play a much more intelligent game. The 'dropback' issue is still there, but it's muted. To compensate for the slightly weaker coverage, we're going back to the 49 Def Hold/51 DPI combo.

2. We're turning USER Tackling from 51 to 50. When I tested all 50s (i.e. all sliders at 50), I noticed that CPU runners were much more direct. This is something we've seen in past games where raising the tackling slider makes backs more evasive. The problem with all 50s is that we get the 'pinball' tackling due to too many hit stick attempts and offense gets out of hand. The beautiful thing is that the CPU TAK value at 51 induces fewer hit stick attempts FOR BOTH THE AI-CONTROLLED DEFENDERS ON THE CPU AND USER SIDE. So, by changing only the user value to 50, we milk the benefits of more direct running by the CPU with the better tackling dynamics - which curbs a lot of the crazy breakways seen at all 50.

In summary:
  • Ballhawk OFF (remember, if you change it in the Main Menu, it changes it everywhere)
  • DPI to 51
  • DH to 49

The ballhawk setting go OFF will be the same result on all madden right?
Old 08-18-2019, 02:02 PM   #380
Rookie

Rob9874's Arena

Is it just me, or are these sliders just default as the Madden developers made the game? Guess I'm not seeing the genius here. Kudos to EA for making the game where slider adjustments aren't needed.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:05 PM   #381
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
The ballhawk setting go OFF will be the same result on all madden right?
Quote:

Two big changes -

1. We are turning Ballhawk 'Off'. Originally turned on to help with coverage, it hurt more than helped after I looked at this again. With this on, CPU QBs are much more aggressive. Yeah, they'll still check-down, but they will also go downfield and overall play a much more intelligent game. The 'dropback' issue is still there, but it's muted. To compensate for the slightly weaker coverage, we're going back to the 49 Def Hold/51 DPI combo.

In summary:
  • DPI to 51
  • DH to 49

You stated that ur turning ball hawk off... That having it "on" cpu qbs are more intelligent and attack downfield more and dink and dunk less.

Isn't that what we want though??

Im confused.

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2019, 03:13 PM   #382
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob9874
Is it just me, or are these sliders just default as the Madden developers made the game? Guess I'm not seeing the genius here. Kudos to EA for making the game where slider adjustments aren't needed.

Daaaaaanggggggg **slowly backs into the lobby**

But seriously thereís a reason why this thread is so popular. Josh does a lot of research and simply puts out what he feels gives the best results. People love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Rmiok222; 08-18-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #383
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
You stated that ur turning ball hawk off... That having it "on" cpu qbs are more intelligent and attack downfield more and dink and dunk less.

Isn't that what we want though??

Im confused.
Sorry, meant with it 'off' that they are more intelligent. My bad
Old 08-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #384
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Sorry, meant with it 'off' that they are more intelligent. My bad
Haha okay, i was going to say, this doesn't sound like Josh at all lol. Good find sir!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »