Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-21-2019, 10:27 AM   #425
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpackerfan1120
I canít believe they wonít add these features into existing franchises.. I heard itís because they donít want to mess with peoples stuff but wow thatís dumb! I have to now restart my franchise which Iím in my 3rd year because itís an inferior game compared to the post update version.. I feel very disappointed and idk Iím hoping they turn around and change their minds and add them in..
Can't you just edit the o-linemen to become super stars?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #426
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Look - it is what it is about the O-line traits for existing franchises. I get the frustration, but I'd like to keep discussion focused on gameplay in this thread (it's no biggie - I just like to keep things as focused as possible).

As for gameplay, the OP has been updated to delete the option to change DPI/DH. This is going to be a very tough patch to assess, not because it is bad, but because it is REALLY good. As of right now, we will revert to 50 for all values. I saw a LOT of variety in interactions from play-to-play (even in coverage), so we have to look at things more holistically rather than locking onto one animation on one play. That means - SAMPLE SIZE! I'm going to start in on a new Skins franchise tonight (I feel like this new patch has made things more challenging so I want to start over) and a second franchise (likely the Dolphins).

To be 100% honest, I could run everything at pure default (even with the default 10 MM/40 CFM injury sliders) and be fairly happy with it. That said, I do feel that setting the MM value to 50 re-balances things a lot better (when it was at 10 - there was virtually no 'push' along the line and RBs went down very easy). Now, I did test the CFM injury value at both 40 and 50 last night. Personally, I liked what I saw with both gameplay-wise but we saw no injuries in several quarters of play at 40 - which is game-breaking. I think 50 may be too low as well from an injury perspective - but we'll gather some sample size first (I am inclined to look at higher values - but will tread lightly).
Old 08-21-2019, 12:04 PM   #427
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Look - it is what it is about the O-line traits for existing franchises. I get the frustration, but I'd like to keep discussion focused on gameplay in this thread (it's no biggie - I just like to keep things as focused as possible).

As for gameplay, the OP has been updated to delete the option to change DPI/DH. This is going to be a very tough patch to assess, not because it is bad, but because it is REALLY good. As of right now, we will revert to 50 for all values. I saw a LOT of variety in interactions from play-to-play (even in coverage), so we have to look at things more holistically rather than locking onto one animation on one play. That means - SAMPLE SIZE! I'm going to start in on a new Skins franchise tonight (I feel like this new patch has made things more challenging so I want to start over) and a second franchise (likely the Dolphins).

To be 100% honest, I could run everything at pure default (even with the default 10 MM/40 CFM injury sliders) and be fairly happy with it. That said, I do feel that setting the MM value to 50 re-balances things a lot better (when it was at 10 - there was virtually no 'push' along the line and RBs went down very easy). Now, I did test the CFM injury value at both 40 and 50 last night. Personally, I liked what I saw with both gameplay-wise but we saw no injuries in several quarters of play at 40 - which is game-breaking. I think 50 may be too low as well from an injury perspective - but we'll gather some sample size first (I am inclined to look at higher values - but will tread lightly).
Yep....I am also looking at moving the injury slider up in both played games and when you advance your week.

It was a strong patch that will take a lot of time and games to work out what is the right balance.

I am going to restart as well. Too much has changed for the better.
Madden 21 (Fins YR2 4-1)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-21-2019, 12:59 PM   #428
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

I caught up on your streams from last night, and I liked what I saw. I'm going to plug in this initial set up (INJ at 50/50, everything Default) in to a franchise and begin firing up some games.

Not quite ready to start my actual franchise until I've got a bearing on how it plays over an extended period of time, so will get through a number of games up to around WK10 with a variety of teams and see how it goes.

Patch looks really positive.

https://www.twitch.tv/imac2307
Old 08-21-2019, 01:28 PM   #429
Pro

OVR: 1

I started over myself, going default for a while until something rears its head or there is documented changes for the better.

So what are you finding for injuries early on that works best? I'm currently set default and I'm still seeing RB drop. I had Aaron Jones & Corey Clement go down the same game. Jones was minor but Clement had a partial pcl tear.

On the flip side the Bears (Cohen) and Vikings (Cook) each got knocked out of the games I played as well.

Great patch so far!
Old 08-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #430
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly
I started over myself, going default for a while until something rears its head or there is documented changes for the better.

So what are you finding for injuries early on that works best? I'm currently set default and I'm still seeing RB drop. I had Aaron Jones & Corey Clement go down the same game. Jones was minor but Clement had a partial pcl tear.

On the flip side the Bears (Cohen) and Vikings (Cook) each got knocked out of the games I played as well.

Great patch so far!
The OP reflects what I will be using. But I will probably try to increase the injury slider above 50 at some point.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:02 PM   #431
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac2307
Not quite ready to start my actual franchise until I've got a bearing on how it plays over an extended period of time, so will get through a number of games up to around WK10 with a variety of teams and see how it goes.
I've done the whole "play ~10 games using various teams" thing in the past; I finally realized it just isn't for me. I'd finish it up, have things settled-in, and then I'd be burned-out and not in the mood to start a "real" franchise.

Now, I just do sessions like I did last night, do high-level evaluations of animations and gameplay "feel" with various teams. Once I feel good there; it's "sample size time" and I dive into a franchise with the team I plan on using. The advantage with that is that you begin to see how morale and other factors begin to shape things within the franchise. By time that "~10 game sample" is done, I'm more than halfway through year 1 in my 'real' franchise, have a feel for morale's impact, and am just a handful of games away from my first offseason (which keeps me energized).

Now, if I hit the point where I begin to question a trend, I will start a 'test franchise' and do a test game or two with teams that are significantly different than my own to try to suss-out if it is a 'ratings' or 'imbalance' issue. If you see my Twitch stream archive, you'll see my franchise VODs and 'slider tinkering' VODs - that's exactly what's going on there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2019, 02:38 PM   #432
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Iím okay with all pro default everything except human run game. If I can tone down run game with no other impact this madden will be literally the best one Iíve ever played.

Iím averaging 180 yards a game while 3 of my 5 offensive lineman are below 71 overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »