Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-22-2019, 08:56 AM   #441
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Restarted my Jets CFM and got in two games.

Week 1: Beat BUF 45-13.
Week 2: Lost to CLE 30-27.

Overall good games. I did forget to turn on Illegal Man Downfield until midway through the second quarter in the CLE game.

Darnold and Baker each completed 88% of their passes. The BUF game was close for a while but two 3rd quarter takeaways blew the doors off. Only two games but HUM rushing seems more difficult. My longest run in two games is nine yards.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #442
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

This is going to take longer than originally anticipated.

Frankly speaking, 50 CFM INJ is not satisfactory from a gameplay perspective this patch. Remember, the CFM INJ slider is essentially a 'recklessness' slider - the higher they go, the more players throw their bodies around (which amps up the collisions and the 'closeness'). With CFM INJ at 50, there's very little interior pocket movement, the tackling does not have any sense of 'organic' feel (it is incredibly 'hit stick-y'), and overall it just feels very 'hyper'. I don't believe the patch "broke" anything, but I think we sorta accepted it pre-1.10 because it was necessary for coverage purposes.

You guys know me, I'm the last person to want to adopt a lower injury value - but after going back and again testing the CFM default of 40 (which I liked 2 nights ago as well), I realize that this is likely going to be the right move long-term. We'll have a much more stable base to work with and we can make some subtle adjustments to tweak things how we want. I think if we tried to push forward with the value of 50, we'd struggle to find a place that we're happy with.

I'll answer a couple of questions that I think people will ask:

1. No, I don't know how many injuries we'll see at 40. We have to gather a ton of sample size. I do think we'll see some.
2. Yes, we're leaving the MM slider at 50 (that is necessary to balance the game overall) - all values in the MM should be at 50 to keep the MM from 'interfering' with outcomes in offline CFM.
3. No, there is no 'counter' to the effects of the INJ slider. Like threshold, it's a "global" modifier.

I'll probably be working through things through the weekend to try to get a good stable base.

The biggest thing that could help me right now is if people will follow the updated OP and give me feedback. Remember, don't tell me WHAT happened, tell me WHY it happened.

Example of poor feedback (aka, whining): User rushing is too easy. I ran for XXX yards.

Example of good feedback: I'm using the Cowboys and played Team Y. I ran for XXX yards because I noticed that (insert reason - blocks held too long, overpursuit, too many broken tackles, etc.).

Example of excellent feedback: I'm using the Cowboys and played Team Y. I ran for XXX yards because I noticed that (insert reason - blocks held too long, overpursuit, too many broken tackles, etc.). A link to a video clip showing this issue is provided here.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:28 PM   #443
Rookie

OVR: 0

I tried your sliders. Below is the results. Titans Win (Me) Eagles had zero rush offense(CPU) This is week 1 Preseason.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:48 PM   #444
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Josh, probably a stupid question as I know you try everything but could a value of 49 on the INJ slider maybe provide a balance of animation and injuries? Just thinking out loud as I am not able to test it out at the moment. I was thinking about how effective the one point seems to be with most sliders as you have shown and made me wonder.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:51 PM   #445
Rookie

Wk2 preseason patriots (cpu) vs Titans (me).

this game went a little better for the cpu the run was improved just not great. the passing was a little better for them also. they got 1 pick 6 and i got 2 pick 6 my offense and defense just dominated the patriots lol

Game stats

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 09:26 PM   #446
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Iím missing something or this set is just all pro default?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2019, 12:25 AM   #447
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Iím missing something or this set is just all pro default?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You, sir, are missing something. It is not.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-23-2019, 08:09 AM   #448
Banned

TheGr8Drake28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
You, sir, are missing something. It is not.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
It's pretty much default though... Injuries at 40 way too low. Can't even get good amount of injuries at 50. Raised that to 52. I found I was blowing out teams on these "sliders" So I gave Armour's a try and restarted my franchise and lost the first game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »