Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-23-2019, 08:09 AM   #449
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Update incoming later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-23-2019, 08:31 AM   #450
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
You, sir, are missing something. It is not.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app

I wish there was a way to implement something that wouldn't allow someone to post until it verified you read post #1

2018 OSFM Hybrid Roster
Old 08-23-2019, 08:33 AM   #451
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8Drake28
It's pretty much default though... Injuries at 40 way too low. Can't even get good amount of injuries at 50. Raised that to 52. I found I was blowing out teams on these "sliders" So I gave Armour's a try and restarted my franchise and lost the first game.

If you read post 1, Josh provides great detail on his philosophy. Sliders impact one another and you have to use caution in adjusting just one click of one slider.

From Post 442 from Josh:
Frankly speaking, 50 CFM INJ is not satisfactory from a gameplay perspective this patch. Remember, the CFM INJ slider is essentially a 'recklessness' slider - the higher they go, the more players throw their bodies around (which amps up the collisions and the 'closeness'). With CFM INJ at 50, there's very little interior pocket movement, the tackling does not have any sense of 'organic' feel (it is incredibly 'hit stick-y'), and overall it just feels very 'hyper'. I don't believe the patch "broke" anything, but I think we sorta accepted it pre-1.10 because it was necessary for coverage purposes.

2018 OSFM Hybrid Roster

Last edited by bravesfan1984; 08-23-2019 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Added Josh's quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2019, 09:02 AM   #452
Banned

TheGr8Drake28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
If you read post 1, Josh provides great detail on his philosophy. Sliders impact one another and you have to use caution in adjusting just one click of one slider.

From Post 442 from Josh:
Frankly speaking, 50 CFM INJ is not satisfactory from a gameplay perspective this patch. Remember, the CFM INJ slider is essentially a 'recklessness' slider - the higher they go, the more players throw their bodies around (which amps up the collisions and the 'closeness'). With CFM INJ at 50, there's very little interior pocket movement, the tackling does not have any sense of 'organic' feel (it is incredibly 'hit stick-y'), and overall it just feels very 'hyper'. I don't believe the patch "broke" anything, but I think we sorta accepted it pre-1.10 because it was necessary for coverage purposes.
I've read every post here. Tried his sliders for a whole season and a half, too many high scoring games and blow outs and lack of injuries for my liking. I get what he's trying to do, just stating my opinion.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:24 AM   #453
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8Drake28
I've read every post here. Tried his sliders for a whole season and a half, too many high scoring games and blow outs and lack of injuries for my liking. I get what he's trying to do, just stating my opinion.

Heís changed his stance on the injury setting.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:00 AM   #454
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Update incoming later today.

Excited to see this, got a little frustrated last night with the lack of urgency in zone coverage. I know I know, man 2 man is better this year.. but teams run zone... a lot. It needs to be a viable option.

Hoping we see some animation/reaction corrections and then Iím done tinkering. Need to put together a sample size because if you try to isolate 1 game, youíll never stop tweaking. Player ratings are so key that no two games are the same.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:15 AM   #455
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
You, sir, are missing something. It is not.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
could you tell me what's the difference i don't see any other than injuries changed in MM to 40 as it is CFM default (CFM default is 40 already)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2019, 11:20 AM   #456
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

So...I spent a good 12-14 hours since the patch dropped - frustration ensued. 50 Injury was just too dang hyper - tried everything I could think of. Finally, late in my stream last night, I said "screw it...we're going to make 40 INJ work". Played around with a couple of things to tighten coverage and enhance tackling dynamics. And finally....it was playing beautifully - great tackling, a calmer feel, great coverage, great QB play (holistically - a very solid overall gameplay feel). Got through a half before bed...was ending the stream and someone asked for the tweaks. I opened up the CFM slider screen...and someone went, "Uh, Josh....INJ was at 50 during that game". I was like, "What?!!!"

Sure enough, we were...I logged-off the stream...decided to load a different matchup...and same thing....it played beautifully.

The key....DPI....go figure! I had raised the DPI slider to 51 to try to tighten the coverage...and for whatever reason (I have a theory it is due to pulling players closer together), it calmed-down all of the silly looking tackling, the odd animations...it was completely unexpected, and dumb luck that I accidentally had kept the INJ at 50 during that test run.

In short.....

MM - everything is at 50
Ballhawk "OFF"
In CFM
- CPU TAK at 51
- INJ at 50
- DPI at 51

That's it! Literally 1 difference (DH is now default) from what we had been using pre-patch. The OP is now updated and I believe can be considered finalized for this patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »