Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2019, 02:58 PM   #457
Pro
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Apr 2005
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
So...I spent a good 12-14 hours since the patch dropped - frustration ensued. 50 Injury was just too dang hyper - tried everything I could think of. Finally, late in my stream last night, I said "screw it...we're going to make 40 INJ work". Played around with a couple of things to tighten coverage and enhance tackling dynamics. And finally....it was playing beautifully - great tackling, a calmer feel, great coverage, great QB play (holistically - a very solid overall gameplay feel). Got through a half before bed...was ending the stream and someone asked for the tweaks. I opened up the CFM slider screen...and someone went, "Uh, Josh....INJ was at 50 during that game". I was like, "What?!!!"

Sure enough, we were...I logged-off the stream...decided to load a different matchup...and same thing....it played beautifully.

The key....DPI....go figure! I had raised the DPI slider to 51 to try to tighten the coverage...and for whatever reason (I have a theory it is due to pulling players closer together), it calmed-down all of the silly looking tackling, the odd animations...it was completely unexpected, and dumb luck that I accidentally had kept the INJ at 50 during that test run.

In short.....

MM - everything is at 50
Ballhawk "OFF"
In CFM
- CPU TAK at 51
- INJ at 50
- DPI at 51

That's it! Literally 1 difference (DH is now default) from what we had been using pre-patch. The OP is now updated and I believe can be considered finalized for this patch.
Giving these a try. Default AP felt very close with some exceptions. So many sets change things to an extreme level Iím starting here.

Question though. How do you set DPI to 51 in MM? It only makes movements of 5.
muelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:03 PM   #458
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,372
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly
Giving these a try. Default AP felt very close with some exceptions. So many sets change things to an extreme level Iím starting here.

Question though. How do you set DPI to 51 in MM? It only makes movements of 5.
In MM, everything is at 50.
__________________
#norespectnonews
#ignoreoptionworkswell
#worktogethernotdivisive
#showmedonttellme
#youarepartoftheproblem
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:48 PM   #459
Rookie
 
Jitty_5's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2009
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
So...I spent a good 12-14 hours since the patch dropped - frustration ensued. 50 Injury was just too dang hyper - tried everything I could think of. Finally, late in my stream last night, I said "screw it...we're going to make 40 INJ work". Played around with a couple of things to tighten coverage and enhance tackling dynamics. And finally....it was playing beautifully - great tackling, a calmer feel, great coverage, great QB play (holistically - a very solid overall gameplay feel). Got through a half before bed...was ending the stream and someone asked for the tweaks. I opened up the CFM slider screen...and someone went, "Uh, Josh....INJ was at 50 during that game". I was like, "What?!!!"



Sure enough, we were...I logged-off the stream...decided to load a different matchup...and same thing....it played beautifully.



The key....DPI....go figure! I had raised the DPI slider to 51 to try to tighten the coverage...and for whatever reason (I have a theory it is due to pulling players closer together), it calmed-down all of the silly looking tackling, the odd animations...it was completely unexpected, and dumb luck that I accidentally had kept the INJ at 50 during that test run.



In short.....



MM - everything is at 50

Ballhawk "OFF"

In CFM

- CPU TAK at 51

- INJ at 50

- DPI at 51



That's it! Literally 1 difference (DH is now default) from what we had been using pre-patch. The OP is now updated and I believe can be considered finalized for this patch.
Hey Josh enjoying the set I like the simplicity of it. One question, I really enjoy the rate of injuries both on the field and sim at 52 as I want that risk that I or a CPU team could lose multiple star players for a for number of weeks or a season.

In your opinion if I was to set the injury slider to 52 what are the chances that it would make the gameplay all hyper again or will the DPI change of 51 still keep the gameplay in the sweet spot?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Jitty_5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:53 PM   #460
MVP
 
Rmiok222's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2015
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

People can say what they want about EA but Iím amazed at how well this game plays just a few slider ticks away from default. Thereís zero reason to go back and forth on sliders this year. Iím finally ready for my franchise. Can not wait!


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rmiok222 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:59 AM   #461
Pro
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly
Giving these a try. Default AP felt very close with some exceptions. So many sets change things to an extreme level Iím starting here.

Question though. How do you set DPI to 51 in MM? It only makes movements of 5.
You donít set DPI until you are in franchise mode.
jgarrett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2019, 10:13 PM   #462
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 8,942
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

I'm completely locked-in with the current set and am not looking at any further changes at this time.

Started my 'alternate' franchise with Miami....and have started off 0-4 (as we should).

Really hard to put this game down right now....it's so darn good!
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:16 PM   #463
#ChampionsClub
 
Raider Ren's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wolcott
Posts: 2,623
Blog Entries: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Really hard to put this game down right now....it's so darn good!
Couldn't have said it better myself!
__________________
Currently dominating:

MLB The Show 20
2020 Los Angeles Dodgers YR1

Madden 21
2020 Las Vegas Raiders YR1: 4-4

NCAA Football 14 on PS3
COD: Warzone
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/TheRealRaiderRen
Raider Ren is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:08 AM   #464
Rookie
 
Hiero's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Josh, havenít seen this question asked yet but I am curious what your thoughts are on the new ďcareer clockĒ setting in the CFM league settings.

Seems to add an extra layer of randomness and challenge to team building.

From one Josh to another, thanks for taking time to post your sliders every year. I always look forward to them.
__________________
San Francisco 49ers | Stanford Cardinal
Denver Nuggets | Gonzaga Bulldogs | UNC Bears
Colorado Avalanche | Colorado Rockies
Hiero is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 PM.

Top -