Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2019, 10:00 AM   #41
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Interesting. Mariotta and Darnold were fairly effective against my Browns defense, which is pretty decent in the back end with Ward. Both completed 50-60% of their passes. I've got Goff tonight, excited to see if that Rams offense is much tougher to stop.

I was about to say. I’m using browns as well Mariota completed 78% of passes. I even have Cpu acc to 43 and Cpu pass block at 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 10:06 AM   #42
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Game is playing great with your slight adjustments. Penalties have been solved and I'll just cope with the RTP glitch. The only aspect of the game that I believe needs work is the zone coverage being too loose. Darnold tore me up last night but that might be a one off so I'll keep playing to see if it is a common occurrence.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:12 AM   #43
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Interesting. Mariotta and Darnold were fairly effective against my Browns defense, which is pretty decent in the back end with Ward. Both completed 50-60% of their passes. I've got Goff tonight, excited to see if that Rams offense is much tougher to stop.

Interesting. Maybe it was more of Lamar’s ratings, I’ll have to take a look at them when I get a chance. Have you seen the CPU WR making any contested catches?

Old 07-31-2019, 10:39 AM   #44
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
Played games. Not simmed.

Interesting, I’ll be honest I just haven’t seen any issues. In fact, I’d like to see more injuries.

Do you have existing injuries turned on? If not, try turning that on and see how it goes.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:44 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Interesting, I’ll be honest I just haven’t seen any issues. In fact, I’d like to see more injuries.

Do you have existing injuries turned on? If not, try turning that on and see how it goes.

That is turned on. Just strange.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 10:46 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 6

Played like a dream last night using OP, RTP 50. I get the merits of 51, but the bugs outweigh the benefit for me personally.

Only area that’s giving cause of concern is zone coverage. It’s not awful for me, but in spots the LB’s and safeties need a bit more awareness. As a result the cpu is able to work their TE’s without much resistance.

Having a blast with this Carolina CFM. Almost called off work today to play, but alas here I am counting down the clock
Old 07-31-2019, 11:04 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Interesting. Maybe it was more of Lamar’s ratings, I’ll have to take a look at them when I get a chance. Have you seen the CPU WR making any contested catches?

Yes, Cory Davis was a nightmare for me until a put Ward on him for the remainder of the game. He had a couple of very nice contested catches.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:09 AM   #48
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Did some streaming last night with some test games. We DID encounter a couple of bugs, which I am going to try to capture vids of to send off to EA.

Guys....I CANNOT stress this enough - ratings REALLY matter. Let me say that again. Ratings REALLY matter! I've played as and vs a number of teams - you can really see/feel the difference and this is BY FAR the most important thing to me personally. I'm diving into my 'real' franchise tonight and am beginning my 3-4 season run before making any further changes to the set (of course, barring some major issues).

10 other random thoughts:

1. God this game is fun!!!!
2. All Pro feels really good to me - I'm disinclined to move up to AM....I just don't think it's needed.
3. Right now, I prefer the gameplay with RTP at 51. I can't quite put my finger on it just yet, but it just feels better to me. There WILL be weird RTP calls with the slider at 51 (e.g. QB gets barely grazed) but I want to give it more time.
4. I have not seen an issue with too many facemask calls. A lot of it will depend on how well you square-up your tackles (strafe is your friend this year).
5. Fumbles are NOT an issue - people need to stop whining! You have to be smart when running. If you have a defender with the enforcer trait bearing-down on you, DO NOT try to make moves - cover up the ball or get out of bounds. Use the conservative ball carrying coach adjustment in key situations. Be extra careful in rainy games. I've not seen CPU fumbles as an issue either. There will be variety here based on matchups and weather conditions.
6. Coverage does have some wonky issues and I am NOT going to spend weeks trying to 'fix' them with sliders only to have a patch fix it and leave us spending weeks reverting back. This setup does mitigate a lot of those issues - it's way better than pure default.
7. X-factors have a chance to put up some pretty crazy stats from time-to-time. You know what? I really don't care about stats (I never really have). I WANT great players to stand out and take over games. I want to have to THINK about how I am approaching things and make adjustments. If you're blessed to have a couple of Superstars on your team, enjoy them!
8. The CPU WILL adjust to what is working/not working for them on both sides of the ball. You have to adjust as well...there IS a cat-and-mouse game here.
9. Pay attention to individual ratings....do not build your depth chart based solely on who has the highest overall. Look at matchups closely because the CPU can and will burn you. Oh, and for those of you who do "no switch" or whatever, stop it. Give yourself a chance to screw up....the CPU CAN juke you and 'usering' is much more realistic than before.
10. Remember, Year 1 of a franchise always plays worse than any other season. So, this is 'rock-bottom'....remember that. Play through it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »