Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2019, 05:42 PM   #537
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2017
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
All great questions....I'll add a final question. Who are your players?



I cannot express just how much player ratings matter in terms of coverage. You HAVE to look deeper into the ratings than just OVR or you're going to get torn apart. Even with the most awesome adjustments, you're going to have trouble if your personnel are subpar.



In my Skins franchise, I'm using a 66 OVR MLB as one of my sub LBs because his ZCV and MCV ratings are WAY better (though still not fantastic) than my 77ish OVR starter.



Again, in my Skins franchise...when I play Philly....I HAVE to put DRC on DeSean, leaving Norman to deal with Jeffrey. Neither is ideal, but if I put Norman on DeSean....it's "light's out" for me.



Try to also make sure your good PRS ratings guys are on the outside (if possible). Except under certain plays and styles, a good PRS guy is going to be waster a bit in the slot.


Do you mess with the CB matchups in coaching adjustments?


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
AfterArtz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:26 PM   #538
Rookie
 
Rob9874's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Are you guys with high completion % running more zone or man?
How often are you in Nickel/ Dime?
How often do you blitz?
Is the cpu spreading the ball around or killing you with one man?
How often are you pressing coverage?
How often do you spotlight a CPU reciever?
I'm playing Man coverage most plays, as Zone feels broken. I can show you screenshots of their WR catching the ball, with no defender within 10 yds of him. I blitz occasionally, when warranted. They spread it around, but it seems I get burned by TE's more than anything. I'm not spotlighting any receivers, too much work presnap. I liked the old Madden where you could pause the game and set it to double team a certain receiver all game. Don't have time to set it every snap. And I'm not adjusting my rosters each game either, to match up vs their players.

It's gotten much better. I'm learning defensive techniques that help disrupt the passing game. Just got burned bad by Darnold that last game.

Game I just finished (I'm the Cards, playing the Eagles):
Wentz: 27/36 (75%), 365 yds, 3 TD, 2 int
Murray: 14/20 (70%), 136 yds, 2 TDs, 0 int (odd game, I'm leading the NFL in passing yds)

Hunt (Cards): 26 att, 202 yds, 1 TD
David Johnson: 7 att, 45 yds, 0 TD
Chris Thompson (Eagles): 13 att, 54 yds, 0 TDs

I won 31-28. Wasn't that close, but they blocked a punt and ran it for TD with 1:50 left in the game. I did have a great interception on the goal line with my MLB that I ran back 100 yds for a pick 6. At the end, he was getting real slow and Wentz caught up to him and tackled him right at the end zone line.

I lowered threshold back to 50, but feel rushing may be too easy (202 yds), so I might go back to 52. I also lead the league in rushing D. Anyone else dominating rush D on these sliders?

Last edited by Rob9874; 08-29-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Rob9874 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:20 PM   #539
Pro
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Apr 2005
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

The game you streamed this evening. Did you turn the penalty on prior to the game? Canít ya Iíve ever seen it called when I turn it on. When I donít I see it called.

I had to leave, overall how was 51 threshold playing?
muelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:21 AM   #540
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 9,106
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly
The game you streamed this evening. Did you turn the penalty on prior to the game? Canít ya Iíve ever seen it called when I turn it on. When I donít I see it called.

I had to leave, overall how was 51 threshold playing?
Yes, it will be called when you turn it on....and yes, I had done so.
----------------------------------------------

There are things I like about 52 thresh, and things I don't. After my stream last night, I did plug in 50 thresh again to compare and I don't think 51 offers much benefit over 50 but 50 thresh and 52 thresh have massively different dynamics.

52 Thresh
+ Slightly smoother animations
+ Nice "sync" on when RBs hit hole and blocking resulting in a little better CPU RB pathfinding
- Little, to no, line surge (making the pass rush weak and run blocking overpowered)
- Too few fumbles and injuries due to lack of 'burst' on tackles
- while the actual reaction times are unchanged, the lower accel

50 Thresh
+ More surge on the lines - which leads to interior pocket collapse (this drives a ton of improvements) - makes passing more challenging
+ The overall accel boost makes CPU more 'dangerous' across the board
+ More fumbles and injuries!!!
- Occasional ill-timed runs by CPU (I'm hoping the TAK slider adjustment will help here)
- More "burst" animations which can be a bit jarring visually

Guys....just in general....and I hit this stage every year. I'm beginning the process of undoing what I've done and trending back towards default. If you're happy with a particular setup, stick with it and run away

The 52 thresh set was fun and did a lot of things well. But I could tell I was going to start winning too many games that I shouldn't because of that lack of pass rush.

So, I am personally eschewing the 52 threshold and going back to 50. Now, there is that "run game imbalance"...well, for that, I think going back to 50 TAK may clean that up....I think something is funky with the tackling angles and it may be causing us issues.

Given the mainly positive feedback on the 52 threshold, I am going to leave it on the OP as an alternate set. The "primary" set will be the one I am using and I will be testing going back to 50 thresh and 50 CPU TAK. I consider 51 DPI to still be necessary and will continue using it - and I hope will help to keep not only the coverage in-check, but also pull things closer together so we don't get as many of the wonky tackle animations as we otherwise would.
__________________
If you aren't accountable for your "losses", you shouldn't take credit for your "wins".
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:33 AM   #541
Rookie
 
skillz25's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yes, it will be called when you turn it on....and yes, I had done so.
----------------------------------------------

There are things I like about 52 thresh, and things I don't. After my stream last night, I did plug in 50 thresh again to compare and I don't think 51 offers much benefit over 50 but 50 thresh and 52 thresh have massively different dynamics.

52 Thresh
+ Slightly smoother animations
+ Nice "sync" on when RBs hit hole and blocking resulting in a little better CPU RB pathfinding
- Little, to no, line surge (making the pass rush weak and run blocking overpowered)
- Too few fumbles and injuries due to lack of 'burst' on tackles
- while the actual reaction times are unchanged, the lower accel

50 Thresh
+ More surge on the lines - which leads to interior pocket collapse (this drives a ton of improvements) - makes passing more challenging
+ The overall accel boost makes CPU more 'dangerous' across the board
+ More fumbles and injuries!!!
- Occasional ill-timed runs by CPU (I'm hoping the TAK slider adjustment will help here)
- More "burst" animations which can be a bit jarring visually

Guys....just in general....and I hit this stage every year. I'm beginning the process of undoing what I've done and trending back towards default. If you're happy with a particular setup, stick with it and run away

The 52 thresh set was fun and did a lot of things well. But I could tell I was going to start winning too many games that I shouldn't because of that lack of pass rush.

So, I am personally eschewing the 52 threshold and going back to 50. Now, there is that "run game imbalance"...well, for that, I think going back to 50 TAK may clean that up....I think something is funky with the tackling angles and it may be causing us issues.

Given the mainly positive feedback on the 52 threshold, I am going to leave it on the OP as an alternate set. The "primary" set will be the one I am using and I will be testing going back to 50 thresh and 50 CPU TAK. I consider 51 DPI to still be necessary and will continue using it - and I hope will help to keep not only the coverage in-check, but also pull things closer together so we don't get as many of the wonky tackle animations as we otherwise would.
Under "52 Thres", when you say "Little, to no, line surge (making the pass rush weak and run blocking overpowered)" .... are you referring to the CPU, Human or both?
skillz25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2019, 11:34 AM   #542
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Whatís crazy is the difference in user experience, which just screams lack of sample size to me.

at 52 threshold Iíve absolutely seen more injuries and fumbles vs 50, lol.

I can agree with most of your other observations. Iíll look to see what 50 thresh with 50 TAK looks like as well.

We went to 52 to see a better run game, maybe there are other solutions..
__________________
Twitch: Goblue81188
lhsballa11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:37 AM   #543
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 9,106
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz25
Under "52 Thres", when you say "Little, to no, line surge (making the pass rush weak and run blocking overpowered)" .... are you referring to the CPU, Human or both?


Both actually....and to clarify, itís worse for the interior rush.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
__________________
If you aren't accountable for your "losses", you shouldn't take credit for your "wins".
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:41 AM   #544
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 9,106
Blog Entries: 1
JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
.
We went to 52 to see a better run game, maybe there are other solutions..
I would say it was more to achieve a more balanced run game (outside vs inside). It did that, but at a cost.

What Iím hoping is that by pairing default tackle and threshold that it will normalize the pursuit angles and balance things that way.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
__________________
If you aren't accountable for your "losses", you shouldn't take credit for your "wins".
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Top -