Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-31-2019, 04:52 PM   #553
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Give Matt's sliders a shot

No offense, but hardly anything in this thread is changed in regards to sliders

I'm seeing about 99% of values right at where they were out of box. Not sure how or why this thread is so big

Matt seems to actually change things around and it helps tremendously. In my opinion at least, and from what I've personally experienced throughout my time playing this year

To each their own though

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2019, 05:59 PM   #554
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317
Give Matt's sliders a shot

No offense, but hardly anything in this thread is changed in regards to sliders

I'm seeing about 99% of values right at where they were out of box. Not sure how or why that AP thread is so big

Matt seems to actually change things around and it helps tremendously. In my opinion at least, and from what I've personally experienced throughout my time playing this year

To each their own though

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
If you would have followed Josh's set up with sliders in the past, you would have known this upfront.

That is why there are choices in life and video games.

For the past several years, the developers have tested the game on all pro default and have stated that all pro default plays close to the players ratings.

Personally, I'm glad Josh doesn't go down the rabbit slider hole, only if a title update messes with game play.

Also, not sure why people who aren't using a person's sliders anymore feels the need to throw a shot/dig at a slider maker who puts in many hours of testing these sliders. The friendly thing would be to refer the person to someone else's and move on.

And you are correct, to each their own.
#showmedonttellme
#youarepartoftheproblem

Last edited by roadman; 08-31-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 08:01 PM   #555
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Final update posted. Frankly, we did more damage adjusting as many values as we did. The more adjusted to make things "more real", the easier.

After a LOT of testing, turning on the ineligible receiver downfield in-game should be left alone. It was nerfing the rush way too much.

DPI adjustment, gone. Artificially cranking coverage is not going to fly.
Ballhawk off adjustment, gone. It make make QBs force balls, but...it makes them force balls....thus....easier.
TAK at 51 adjustment, gone. Not needed and it made the run games OP

After leaving the ineligible receiver downfield alone, it transformed the dynamics of the game. I went back to pure default and it played well. I made one adjustment to add the potential for defense/injuries, I raised the CFM injury to 50. Everything else (excepting clock setting) is pure default.

Don't like it, go use another set. But the strength of this game has been the challenge on All Pro and I wasted a month trying to make it a little more balanced. That was my mistake - the best way to make it balanced is to get better or get better players not to nerf the game.

That is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2019, 08:02 PM   #556
Pro

Edit: just going to unsubscribe. All pro sliders just aren't for me

Not trying to argue

I appreciate ALL who work on sliders though. Makes the game so much better and more fun. No hate over here

Last edited by Zack317; 08-31-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 08:27 PM   #557
Rookie

What cam do you use? Agree with what you are saying!
Old 08-31-2019, 11:00 PM   #558
Pro

OVR: 1

Will log the updates and see how they play.

Kudos ignoring the spam of someone trying to argue. Viewing his posts in other threads he's willing to make assessments on slider sets by playing 1 game and making changes to sliders because he doesn't like certain values.

What led you to these new findings? I have been running the old ones with 51 threshold really enjoying the results.

****running 10 minutes(no acc), default subs has made a huge difference****
Old 08-31-2019, 11:28 PM   #559
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCBasketball
What cam do you use? Agree with what you are saying!
I'm a default camera guy. No house rules (like no switch) either.

Speaking of 'no switch' guys. I know some of ya'll prefer that...just be aware....this is a setup you'll probably want to be active on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly

What led you to these new findings? I have been running the old ones with 51 threshold really enjoying the results.

****running 10 minutes(no acc), default subs has made a huge difference****
Honestly I got tired of outcomes being either a win or a loss because I played like crap. I want to lose because I get beat....

Once I realized the impact of leaving ineligible receiver downfield alone, I started over at the beginning....and realized we didn't need to do much of anything to get challenging gameplay with ratings-driven outcomes. It won't be for everyone here either...

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-31-2019 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:39 AM   #560
Rookie

Rob9874's Arena

Just had the most exciting game ever, with default 50 all-pro. My Cardinals in year 2, playing Brady & the Pats.

Going into the 4th qtr, I kick a FG to go up 19-10, and feel good about my chances of winning, being up 2 scores, but it is Brady. Of course he drives for a TD, next series I punt, and he drives down for a FG to take the lead inside the last 2:00 of the game.

I make a few long passes down to the 23. They start calling TO's after each run, burning all 3. I call my own TO with 00:12 left and go for the FG to win. No kick meter. So I reboot my console.

I come back into the game, kick the FG, and am up 22-20. But for some reason, there is 00:46 left on the clock! It didn't save after my TO with 12 seconds left. First pass, he hits a WR for 30 yds. He only needs a FG to win. Next snap, I sack him and cause a fumble. A Patriot got it back, but with no more TO's, time runs out and I get the win!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »