Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-03-2019, 01:00 PM   #585
Banned

TheGr8Drake28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Josh definitely does not have to explain himself or defend himself from comments like that guy made. We all know the endless hours he has put in to make our game experience better.

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
Twitch: hunkerdown
YouTube: ORLANDORUCKUS
It's his thread and his logic on his "sliders" so I think he does have to at least explain himself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2019, 01:19 PM   #586
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I understand a new patch is out which made adjustments to hit stick functionality and pass reaction.

I'm quite indifferent to the hit stick adjustment - I just didn't see it as problematic with this setup.

Getting defenders to react to the ball a tad quicker should allow the current coverage levels to play out nicely. As a reminder, we must always be cautious of tightening the actual man-on-man coverage distances - it may 'look' prettier but it will eat away at the CPUs effectiveness (thus reducing the challenge). Lots of folks get all crazy trying to get them super close together....and then they whine about how the CPU never throws downfield.

The best possible state is one where DBs are not blanketing guys all the time but are just close enough to have a CHANCE to make plays. That's why I think EAs approach here of improving the reaction times is the ideal approach. That added 'reaction' with the current coverage 'tightness' should allow for more defensive plays (particularly by average defenders) without overtly 'nerfing' the QB AI by making coverage ridiculously tight. I'll be testing-out this patch beginning this evening with pure default followed by the current OP.

=============================
Now, since balla brought it up, I AM aware of Mills' tweet about threshold (which is something I had attempted to get an answer on from Clint awhile back). Here's my "take"; I don't consider 75 to be any more "sim" - it's merely the value that correlated to last year's pre-patch 50 threshold. I felt last year that 75 thresh (post-patch) caused a LOT of issues on All Pro (it was SO tight that it caused some wonky QB issues (due to overtly tight coverage - see discussion above) and it also jacked the run game timing significantly as linemen would be 10 yards downfield before the RB even hit the LOS).

Now, last year, I felt 65 thresh played well. I HAD previously tested that value during EA Access and didn't find it to be of much utility at that time, but a lot has changed with the game since then. I'll definitely look at it, but I want to get a feel for the newest patch first with the OP (I'm not going to rush to test stuff if we don't need to).
Old 09-03-2019, 01:26 PM   #587
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

Four drafts under my belt in my quest to rebuild my Bears from scratch. Was very happy to see that my superstar HB and LOLB both moved up to xfactors in the offseason!

Rookie mobile QB, set to build off my four win season a year ago.

Had been using Raider Renís AM setup, but now that Iím set to play all the games in the season I want to start your setup and stick with it for the whole season. The idea of as close to default as possible is so appealing.

Thanks as always for taking the time to share with the rest of us.

Going to stream the exact OP setup.

https://youtu.be/G76fLCQhy-o

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-03-2019, 01:35 PM   #588
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8Drake28
It's his thread and his logic on his "sliders" so I think he does have to at least explain himself.
No...actually, I don't "have" to explain anything (and neither does Matt or Armor or Charter or Schnaidt or any of the other slider guys here in their respective threads). We all spend a ton of time testing our sliders (using our own unique points of views and desires) and gifting them to the OS community.

Speaking for myself, I choose to share the reasons why I do things the way I do. I enjoy teaching people and giving them a different way to look at things (the biggest life lesson I've learned is that sometimes the best solution is to keep things simple - a life lesson that greatly colors my approach here).
Old 09-03-2019, 01:56 PM   #589
Banned

TheGr8Drake28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
No...actually, I don't "have" to explain anything (and neither does Matt or Armor or Charter or Schnaidt or any of the other slider guys here in their respective threads). We all spend a ton of time testing our sliders (using our own unique points of views and desires) and gifting them to the OS community.

Speaking for myself, I choose to share the reasons why I do things the way I do. I enjoy teaching people and giving them a different way to look at things (the biggest life lesson I've learned is that sometimes the best solution is to keep things simple - a life lesson that greatly colors my approach here).
Thanks for explaining man!
Old 09-03-2019, 02:35 PM   #590
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

Going to try and sneak in one more.

Should be tougher matchup vs KC

https://youtu.be/EZar2UleTBk

Old 09-03-2019, 04:23 PM   #591
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

Was only able to get a half in vs KC, but such a difference in the two games!

Detroit May be the worst team in the league and it showed in week one. Easy 27-11 win.

KC is loaded with weapons on O and the score was 20-17 at the half.

Canít wait to get a bunch of games in with these. I LOVE not feeling like Iím cheating getting artificial results with lots of changes to the sliders.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2019, 06:05 PM   #592
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

playing 76 ovr 0-2 Denver next. Fearmongers josh Allen and Von Miller with shutdown CB Chris Harris have me worried even with their bad record.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUk...O1T9wkavi8-Y1g

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »