Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2019, 11:26 PM   #617
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdatt39
Matt10 sliders are the best and most realistic than josh default settings..just give matt10 sliders a go..and yu good..trust me..the best sliders out
I think you missed something in your attempt to promote a different slider set...
Old 09-05-2019, 11:27 PM   #618
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
Josh, help!!! This game is terrible. Playing the Bears as the Packers my line has given up 5 sacks and it’s only halfway through the 3rd quarter. My line is porous often virtually standing still as defenders speed around them or bull rush right through them. Maybe turn X factors off? My run game is non-existent. Run blocking is bad. On defense, Mitch Tribusky looks terrible. Dinking and dunking down the field not throwing deep at all. His accuracy is terrible. Tackling looks wonky and I’ve seen some weird animations. Any suggestions on how to get my game to play realistically? Any way to get Aaron Rodgers to play like I’m used to him playing? His ratings in this game are way to low.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
Twitch: hunkerdown
YouTube: ORLANDORUCKUS
Old 09-06-2019, 12:09 AM   #619
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I think you missed something in your attempt to promote a different slider set...
Sarcasm?...............

I can't recall ever in my time at OS where dudes are just flat out referring people's sliders in someone's slider thread.

If I could pull up the Michele's Gif of How Rude......... from Full House......

Does everyone roger that?

Sorry for the disruption, and now back to Josh's sliders.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:00 AM   #620
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

People just never realize that Josh and I are brothers, we're inseparable!

Old 09-06-2019, 07:42 AM   #621
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdatt39
Matt10 sliders are the best and most realistic than josh default settings..just give matt10 sliders a go..and yu good..trust me..the best sliders out
Very disrespectfull bro. Period.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 08:27 AM   #622
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

LMAO....ya'll brightened up my day....

First to gman for that incredible sarcasm.

Second to rogerdatt for providing what may have been the most unintentionally hilarious reply I've ever seen here on OS. I love it when people troll themselves

Third to Matt for the hilarious pic :P

====================

Guys....go read the opening of the OP....where it says....

First, let me tell you what the goals of this thread ARE NOT.
- It is NOT designed to get stats 'perfect'
- It is NOT designed to perfectly simulate the NFL

Matt's set probably IS more "realistic" in many respects. If that's what you care about - go use his sliders.

Madden is not a competitive game, it's not an action game, it's not a text sim....it's an RPG. And to have a good RPG, you have well-developed characters who have individual qualities that stand out and allow you to engage in a fulfilling story. We're playing roles as coach/GMs of our teams and trying to develop our team to tell the story of our franchises. That means we do everything possible to maximize the impact of player ratings in a thought-provoking and challenging environment. That's the goal here...nothing more, nothing less.

To do that...that means we take a minimalist approach to the sliders. Oh...and speaking of....I'll have an update on that later this morning (progress was made).

If you're not on-board with the approach, go embrace the approach of another slider maker's vision...at the end of the day, I'm going to adopt what makes ME happy...if what makes ME happy works for you, great....if not...oh well.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 09-06-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:35 AM   #623
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Back to business.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz25
I'm not sure if this is going to help you all.. But it definitely just helped me. ..... I completely deleted my madden profile and the entire Madden 20 game. Shut down the PS4 then reinstalled Madden. After the game was installed, I noticed that it automatically began installing the latest patch (1.12). The key here is only the latest patch - 1.12!

This triggered something for me because I routinely install computer software at work. For specific software, instead of installing update, after update, after update on top of each other, it is best practice for me to completely uninstall the software. Then reinstall it along with the latest update (in this case with Madden, the latest patch). After lots of testing, the software ran much better.
The thought of re-installing the game had occurred to me. But knowing that it can be problematic for many to re-download a fairly large game, I try avoid making suggestions like this until many other options have been exhausted.

Now, I have a really good internet connection, so I decided to play the role of guinea pig. I will say this....it definitely helped to clean-up a lot of the wonky warping and glitchy animations. It doesn't "change" the gameplay but it does clean-up those artifacts. If anyone is still having issues with glitchy play and/or warping, uninstalling and then re-downloading the game may be of benefit (it is not a requirement).

==================================================

Now, sliders....

Before I did the uninstall, I took the OP and changed the CFM injury slider to 40 (which is the default) . So yes, that means running a 100% fully default setup. Can I just say...wow. It played really, really well. It animated well, the CPU moved the ball well, my crummy Dolphins struggled (more than I have ever struggled to move the ball on M20 - but it wasn't unreasonable given the ratings). We had multiple injuries, 10 total penalties (with a variety)...it was really solid. Watch the Dolphins game from my last Twitch stream and you'll see what I mean (it is archived). I played a different matchup off-stream and it was the same quality of gameplay, but the dynamics played-out differently (due to the different matchups/ratings).

For the first time ever....I'm fully endorsing a 100% default (with the obvious exception of quarter length) setup. Don't poo-poo it....give it a shot....most people say they "play on default" and then when you dig further, they say "yes, 100% default, except I just changed _____, ______, and ______"). Seriously....give this a shot for a couple of games (I think many of you will thank me - and others will just say to plug-in Matt's sliders ).

I basically went from hating this patch to loving it.....it plays such a nicely balanced game....and no reinstall is needed!

I'm adding this to the OP....but wait, there's more....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz25
On top of that, I played with Josh's old sliders (pre-1.12 patch). I felt these sliders were playing great for me, so I kept them. In the franchise I'm playing with all penalties and sliders at default except for: CPU tackling (51), Player Threshold (52), DPI penalty (51), Injury (50).
After I reinstalled the game, I plugged these in as well. Ya know....this wasn't bad either. Totally different 'feel' but one that I think a lot of people will like. The reason I shied away from these is because I never quite 'feared' the CPU offense because coverage was so tight (but rather it came down to if I beat myself)....but I will need to try these out a bit more on this patch to see how it goes (personally, I have a hunch I will stick with default, but I have no qualms posting these on the OP as well - but I am going to test it out a bit more this weekend).
Old 09-06-2019, 12:18 PM   #624
Rookie

PotterB33's Arena

OVR: 1

for those that are hesitant to reinstall, i might suggest starting a new CFM first, it cleaned a lot up for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »