Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2019, 12:26 PM   #57
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Interesting... in what way?
"Offense goes haywire " is the simplest way of putting it (usually due to defensive issues - like massive coverage breakdowns)....it seems to be fatigue related and fatigue is a huge modifier for pretty much everything that happens in-game.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:01 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Josh, big fan of your sliders/methodology! just made this account to ask a couple questions:

1) Do you recommend using active or preseason 75-man roster for cfm? it probably doesn’t matter right now as the season hasn’t started yet but just inclined to know.

2) does the cpu upgrade players by their primary archetype only or do they occasionally upgrade the other ones? i just don’t want to give an unfair advantage by making all my players pretty well-rounded and the cpu’s are more specialized. In 19, i found that my team may have the worse overall but i could attack in various ways while the cpu would kind of be a one trick pony. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-31-2019, 01:07 PM   #59
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockdownD_25
Hey Josh, big fan of your sliders/methodology! just made this account to ask a couple questions:

1) Do you recommend using active or preseason 75-man roster for cfm? it probably doesn’t matter right now as the season hasn’t started yet but just inclined to know.

2) does the cpu upgrade players by their primary archetype only or do they occasionally upgrade the other ones? i just don’t want to give an unfair advantage by making all my players pretty well-rounded and the cpu’s are more specialized. In 19, i found that my team may have the worse overall but i could attack in various ways while the cpu would kind of be a one trick pony. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Question 1 is answered in the OP. Please take a look, I explain a lot of stuff there.

Question 2 - EA tweaked the progression engine (so, for example, the scheme fit boost has dropped a lot for XP gains). I would just build your team/players as you see fit.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:13 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Question 1 is answered in the OP. Please take a look, I explain a lot of stuff there.

Question 2 - EA tweaked the progression engine (so, for example, the scheme fit boost has dropped a lot for XP gains). I would just build your team/players as you see fit.

Gotcha, thanks!
Old 07-31-2019, 03:06 PM   #61
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

First game trying with RTP at 51, and already got called 3 times in one drive on my defense lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 03:13 PM   #62
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
First game trying with RTP at 51, and already got called 3 times in one drive on my defense lol.
I changed one of my defensive strategies to aggressive and saw RTP called 4 times in one drive. I have since stopped using this strategy.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:17 PM   #63
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I changed one of my defensive strategies to aggressive and saw RTP called 4 times in one drive. I have since stopped using this strategy.
I don’t have anything aggressive turned on and I still get it called lol. Plus Mariota is currently 8/8 with 100 yards on me to. Seems my dbs are a step behind
Old 07-31-2019, 05:26 PM   #64
Rookie

I went crazy and went Pro default. Seems nuts, but I am seeing decent stuff there and don’t feel cheated. First CPU pass was a long ball and the best long ball I have seen in 4 days.

My whole goal is to not feel cheated and play to ratings, hint why I go pro in 2K off Armors. It’s the most fun game I have had and I have played all day. When stuff happens I didn’t feel cheated. I feel All Pro default CPU is at such an advantage unless we find the right slider mix. Keep working because would have normally given up on the game, so testing pro default shows I want to make it work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »