Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #673
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
Can anyone help with the fumbles?

Iím averaging 7 per game.

I have more fumbles in every single game this year than sacks.

78 fumbles this season.

1 user sack.

What the ****king ****?
Let me guess, you did something silly like lower the fumble slider....which makes for more fumbles....

I rarely see more than 1 fumble per game (frankly, the numbers are too low IMO).
Old 09-17-2019, 01:17 PM   #674
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Just had a great game in my year 1 Titans franchise. Things almost felt too easy in the beginning of the season and now they almost feel too hard haha. I actually love it. Itís giving great diversity.

I started off 7-4 and was sitting in a great spot for a playoff spot. After going to Indy and losing a nail biter 17-13, I went to the 1-11 Raiders and got stomped 40-21. It was by far the most points I had given up all year.

Now sitting at 7-6 I needed a win badly against Houston at home. We got off to a dreadful start. I turned the ball over on an RPO on literally the 1 yard line, trying to get too cute. Then I threw another pick with about 5 minutes to go in the 4th when we were driving to get within 1 score. Now HOU had the ball up 31-20 and after a first down, and 1 timeout, I forced them to punt it back to me with 2:10 left. I still had 2 timeouts left and the 2 minute warning. I get a terrible punt return and had to start at my own 18. After 2 big plays, and getting out of bounds on the second one, I was at the HOU 31 with 1:50 left. I decided I need two scores anyway and time was too precious to waste. So I went ahead and did something a little unconventional, I kicked a 48 yard FG on first down. It was now 31-23. With still two timeouts in my back pocket I decided to kick it deep to HOU. After a 3 and out, and burning both timeouts, there was still 1:05 left on the clock. I drove all the way down field, getting out of bounds on a couple great throws and runs after the catch. I got all the way down to the 3 yard line with 20 seconds left and the clock stopped. I decide that I had enough time to run two plays and I spread the CPU D out and try to run a draw. I get stuffed. We scramble back to the line and try to get off another play, just as I go to snap the ball the clock runs out, we lose 31-23. Definitely the best finish to a game all year. We now sit at 7-7 and our playoff hopes are looking very bleak with NO coming to town and then ending the season at HOU.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by tc020791; 09-17-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:53 PM   #675
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I finished Year 2 of my Dolphins franchise last night. After a 3-13 year 1, we started year 2 at 5-4. It was looking promising and then the wheels fell off and we lost our last 7 games to finish at 5-11. The defense improved a fair bit but the offense really scuffled a lot.

I went into the off-season looking for passing game help and a legit interior presence on the d-line as we transition to a 43. FA was...interesting. Deshaun Watson (87 OVR) was available....and oh boy...was I tempted. The total package, including signing bonus, would'be been $191 million over 6 years. We had the funds, but it would've hamstrung us financially and he had some injury flags. I decided to pass on him and continue the slow build. But, with no solid QBs in the draft, I decided to go with my original plan and get some wide-outs. We signed Taywan Taylor and John Ross to contracts - both offer the speed we desperately needed on the outside and I think Taylor is more than that.

The draft was...well...interesting. The top WR in the draft fell to me at number 3 but with shaky accel/agility combine numbers, I decided to pass - I may regret that choice. I instead selected a DT who was a combine warrior (tops in nearly every combine drill). He wound up being a 77 OVR (and the 4th ranked guy in the class), but he had normal dev (which was a slight bummer). I did grab a solid WR in the 2nd round and overall, we filled-out the roster with a lot of solid, but unspectacular picks (i.e. all normal dev but several of them above a 67 OVR). For a team on the rebuild, this is the kind of depth we need - it just was not a sexy draft (unlike my year 1 draft which featured 3 star dev and 2 superstar dev picks).

Heading into year 3, we're still lacking a bona fide QB and number 1 WR. There are rumors that the rebuilding Bengals are looking to trade AJ Green - he's older, but still a solid player and we've got our eyes on him . If I can pry him away from Cincy and pair him up with Taylor, Ross and my rookie - that should be good enough to give my QBs a chance to allow us to re-balance our offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #676
Pro

sms024's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I finished Year 2 of my Dolphins franchise last night. After a 3-13 year 1, we started year 2 at 5-4. It was looking promising and then the wheels fell off and we lost our last 7 games to finish at 5-11. The defense improved a fair bit but the offense really scuffled a lot.

I went into the off-season looking for passing game help and a legit interior presence on the d-line as we transition to a 43. FA was...interesting. Deshaun Watson (87 OVR) was available....and oh boy...was I tempted. The total package, including signing bonus, would'be been $191 million over 6 years. We had the funds, but it would've hamstrung us financially and he had some injury flags. I decided to pass on him and continue the slow build. But, with no solid QBs in the draft, I decided to go with my original plan and get some wide-outs. We signed Taywan Taylor and John Ross to contracts - both offer the speed we desperately needed on the outside and I think Taylor is more than that.

The draft was...well...interesting. The top WR in the draft fell to me at number 3 but with shaky accel/agility combine numbers, I decided to pass - I may regret that choice. I instead selected a DT who was a combine warrior (tops in nearly every combine drill). He wound up being a 77 OVR (and the 4th ranked guy in the class), but he had normal dev (which was a slight bummer). I did grab a solid WR in the 2nd round and overall, we filled-out the roster with a lot of solid, but unspectacular picks (i.e. all normal dev but several of them above a 67 OVR). For a team on the rebuild, this is the kind of depth we need - it just was not a sexy draft (unlike my year 1 draft which featured 3 star dev and 2 superstar dev picks).

Heading into year 3, we're still lacking a bona fide QB and number 1 WR. There are rumors that the rebuilding Bengals are looking to trade AJ Green - he's older, but still a solid player and we've got our eyes on him . If I can pry him away from Cincy and pair him up with Taylor, Ross and my rookie - that should be good enough to give my QBs a chance to allow us to re-balance our offense.
It's funny you mention Deshaun Watson. I'm rebuilding the Giants and in yr 2 offseason I DID sign him. Back to back year 1 and 2 draft classes were extremely weak at QB. In my yr 1 offseason I signed Bridgewater hoping yr 2 would have the young guy i needed. but it did not. So I signed Watson to fill that spot and hopefully in his last year or 2 the draft will give me a guy to fill the shoes.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:27 PM   #677
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
You need to cover the ball. Iíve become used to covering the ball before every hit and fumbles are not an issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I do this. Nothing helps.

Can someone please help????

Up 38-14 in the 4th.

Three consecutive drives are stopped by fumbles. All are returned either for TD or inside the ten.

Should note, I have four fumbles in the first half alone. Two fumbles in the third quarter.

What the **** is happening?

I have fumble sliders both down at 0.

I just need someone to tell me how to stop these fumbles. Itís pathetic. I hold R1 whenever I run. Nothing helps.

I know Iíll have to overcome at least five fumbles every game, sometimes ten.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:40 PM   #678
MVP

Quote:
Let me guess, you did something silly like lower the fumble slider....which makes for more fumbles....

I rarely see more than 1 fumble per game (frankly, the numbers are too low IMO).
I’ve written three long responses to this but every time, it fails to post and I get kicked out of OS.

Simply put: what are your fumble sliders set to?

EDIT: set my fumbles to 100.

First three carries of the game. Two fumbles.

So fumbles happen on zero and hundred at an unreasonable rate.

What is the fix for this?

Last edited by ajra21; 09-17-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:55 PM   #679
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
Iíve written three long responses to this but every time, it fails to post and I get kicked out of OS.

Simply put: what are your fumble sliders set to?

EDIT: set my fumbles to 100.

First three carries of the game. Two fumbles.

So fumbles happen on zero and hundred at an unreasonable rate.

What is the fix for this?
Leave it alone.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:31 PM   #680
MVP

Quote:
Leave it alone.
I left it alone before for sometime before experimenting and it was terrible.

Iíve been playing Madden for close to thirty years. Iíve never dealt with this. Usually, I find the right settings. For M20, no matter what I do, no matter how large the sample size, fumble fumble fumble.

I feel like Iím missing something obvious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »