Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-23-2019, 03:58 PM   #705
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Great find here josh. Really smoothed our the small little road bumps. (At least in the ONE game I played with them!)

Should also note that Iím playing on AM trying out 10/10 injury and 40 qb acc for hum and cpu. And 48 tkl for both.

Lol as I write this I am realizing I have strayed quite a bit from default

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Lol. Look, AM is its own little beast. Changes are going to be needed....honestly, I would too if I were going to adopt it. The changes you made are logical too. Even though itís an apples to oranges comparison, itís good to see the tweaks held up.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 11:57 PM   #706
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0

I got 3 games in this evening, gonna get at least 2 more in tonight when I get too work. I'll check back.

Man it sure did close up the quick inside stuff. Guys disengage as soon as your get near them..

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-24-2019, 05:49 AM   #707
Rookie

Hey Josh, was just wondering how will changing the quarter length affect this slider set? I want to use 13mins with acc clock 15. Thanks for the reply.😄
Old 09-24-2019, 08:52 AM   #708
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzrojas
Hey Josh, was just wondering how will changing the quarter length affect this slider set? I want to use 13mins with acc clock 15. Thanks for the reply.

Use the OP clock settings for 5-6 games, then switch to yours and compare . Youíll have to decide if the outcome is tolerable.

Old 09-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #709
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Re: 48 DPI and Threshold

I loved what it did to pass coverage. And I play a lot of no switch, and it did nothing but good things for the WR/CB animations and interaction.

But in my personal experience (6 games), it blows up block shedding on both sides.

The effort to tighten up the dive type plays worked perfectly. Almost too good?

What are anyone elses experience? Did anyone try 49-49?

Old 09-24-2019, 11:38 AM   #710
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Re: 48 DPI and Threshold

I loved what it did to pass coverage. And I play a lot of no switch, and it did nothing but good things for the WR/CB animations and interaction.

But in my personal experience (6 games), it blows up block shedding on both sides.

The effort to tighten up the dive type plays worked perfectly. Almost too good?

What are anyone elses experience? Did anyone try 49-49?

In the two games I streamed last night, I had one game where I had no issues running. The second, against a better d-line, was tougher. The cpu had solid success vs my rush oriented d-line in both games.

I want to get a fair bit more sample size before exploring permutations because from a pass defense perspective, the current OP was the optimal configuration.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 09-24-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:55 PM   #711
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Just to add a few more random thoughts on the updates to the OP made yesterday:

If you have not played the updated OP, I will warn you that you may see a little bit of animation "wonkiness" (such as speed bursts and so on) in your first game in each franchise file when using the updated setup. Fight through and finish that first game, it will settle-in after that.

I'm seeing some serious diversity in pass defense. It's really cool because there's just enough physical separation between the receiver/defender to entice QBs to throw but close enough to allow DBs a chance to break-up plays. It also seems to be cutting down a bit on the INT numbers (which is good) as well.

CPU QB play is going to be more diverse based on what I've seen so far. You're going to go through spurts where you can't stop them (and others where they may look bad). Stay focused and mix things up (get pressure too). You're going to see a range of outcomes based on the QB's traits and what weapons they have.

If you (or the CPU) happen to have a solid speed receiver, they will have value (finally!). As I have two on my Dolphins (Taywan Taylor and John Ross) I will be monitoring to make sure they aren't overpowering.

The updates have helped with most of the uglier sacks on the CPU (though they still suck at executing 4-verts).

On the run game (and I touched on this earlier), I've seen some variability thus far. Let's be frank, on the old setup, it wasn't hard to run a simple dive play, run straight ahead, and knock out 4-5 yards. The thresh adjustment has added a little wrinkle in that mix - a 0-tech or 1-tech can get a push (and sometimes a shed) to stifle that play. I have a very average center on my team, so the outcomes tend to vary based on the matchup. If you have a poor interior line, it might appear as though it has bumped-up the shed too much...in reality, I don't believe it has.

========================
We're still in the "early days" with the updated set - trends tend to take a good dozen or more games to begin to shake-out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #712
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

I suppose the only down fall Iím having to playing this game is Iíve been getting lit up by the CPU QB and CPU TE. Now Iím not saying the CPU play is bad or out of control, Iím strictly saying the QB to TE hookups are starting to get annoying. I donít mind getting torched by a TE but every single game the CPU QB and TE combine for huge numbers and itís making every game feel the same. Iíve started to try and get the safeties to cover the TE because linebackers get torched by TEís.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »