Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 07-31-2019, 07:32 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Game 3 against the Rams. Went to OT again, won 23-20.

General observation so far is the CPU running game doesn't have a ton of juice to it. I figured against the Jets Bell had trouble getting it going simply because Darnold wasn't a threat. But the Rams have a ton of offensive skill, and Gurley never really threatened me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 08:29 PM   #66
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Game 3 against the Rams. Went to OT again, won 23-20.

General observation so far is the CPU running game doesn't have a ton of juice to it. I figured against the Jets Bell had trouble getting it going simply because Darnold wasn't a threat. But the Rams have a ton of offensive skill, and Gurley never really threatened me.
Give me reasons....are the linemen releasing blocks too early and going upfield, too much penetration, are you blitzing more than 30% of the time, are backs not breaking tackles, etc. What have been the ratings of the key players involved, what weather conditions, who do you user on d....

All I was given is "run game doesn't have juice".....

I appreciate that you're trying to offer feedback, but you're giving me a nail without a hammer...I can't do much with that and until I get the right tools.
It's the reason why I included the following two statements in the OP:
  • I will not make adjustments based on stats alone. I will not respond to queries based on stats alone. Video is nice, but even text descriptions of what you are seeing is helpful (oftentimes, one small detail may resonate as something I have seen myself...having secondary confirmation often helps me realize that something may be wrong). If you just post numbers, it is meaningless.
  • Broad statements like "It's too easy" or "It's too hard" or "the run game is too easy/hard" will be ignored unless you provide further support. Provide full descriptions (or video) of WHY something is "too easy/hard". Broad generalizations based on tiny sample sizes (i.e. less than 48 full games in regular season CFM) will be ignored unless you have specific reaction/animation-based arguments to support the "why". If you have video of full games available, please refer to specific time-frames where you see things that look "off".

Help me help you!
Old 07-31-2019, 08:31 PM   #67
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCBasketball
I went crazy and went Pro default. Seems nuts, but I am seeing decent stuff there and donít feel cheated. First CPU pass was a long ball and the best long ball I have seen in 4 days.

My whole goal is to not feel cheated and play to ratings, hint why I go pro in 2K off Armors. Itís the most fun game I have had and I have played all day. When stuff happens I didnít feel cheated. I feel All Pro default CPU is at such an advantage unless we find the right slider mix. Keep working because would have normally given up on the game, so testing pro default shows I want to make it work.
I think Pro plays a nice game. All Pro is the one difficulty that does not contain a ratings boost though, which is why we will very likely be sticking with it (and very likely with default gameplay sliders all year). Go with what works for you!
Old 07-31-2019, 08:35 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Give me reasons....are the linemen releasing blocks too early and going upfield, too much penetration, are you blitzing more than 30% of the time, are backs not breaking tackles, etc. What have been the ratings of the key players involved, what weather conditions, who do you user on d....

All I was given is "run game doesn't have juice".....

I appreciate that you're trying to offer feedback, but you're giving me a nail without a hammer...I can't do much with that and until I get the right tools.
It's the reason why I included the following two statements in the OP:
  • I will not make adjustments based on stats alone. I will not respond to queries based on stats alone. Video is nice, but even text descriptions of what you are seeing is helpful (oftentimes, one small detail may resonate as something I have seen myself...having secondary confirmation often helps me realize that something may be wrong). If you just post numbers, it is meaningless.
  • Broad statements like "It's too easy" or "It's too hard" or "the run game is too easy/hard" will be ignored unless you provide further support. Provide full descriptions (or video) of WHY something is "too easy/hard". Broad generalizations based on tiny sample sizes (i.e. less than 48 full games in regular season CFM) will be ignored unless you have specific reaction/animation-based arguments to support the "why". If you have video of full games available, please refer to specific time-frames where you see things that look "off".

Help me help you!
Fair response!

I'm the Browns, and they have a very stout d-line. I definitely have the ratings advantage in every game I play. With that being said, I'm primarily playing cover 2 or cover 4 zones and usering the OLB responsible for the slot WR, or a safety. I almost never control the defensive lineman, and seldom blitz.

The Jets game was in the rain. The Rams game was a clear night.

If I had to pinpoint what's stood out to me, it's a combination of OL's releasing their blocks too early, and the running back not hitting the hole with enough urgency.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:43 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I think Pro plays a nice game. All Pro is the one difficulty that does not contain a ratings boost though, which is why we will very likely be sticking with it (and very likely with default gameplay sliders all year). Go with what works for you!
I agree. My issue after testing default AP is CPU plays great on default.

Pass Coverage boost for human right now on Pro helps until patch. Patch will make me go back to AP
Old 07-31-2019, 09:14 PM   #70
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Fair response!

I'm the Browns, and they have a very stout d-line. I definitely have the ratings advantage in every game I play. With that being said, I'm primarily playing cover 2 or cover 4 zones and usering the OLB responsible for the slot WR, or a safety. I almost never control the defensive lineman, and seldom blitz.

The Jets game was in the rain. The Rams game was a clear night.

If I had to pinpoint what's stood out to me, it's a combination of OL's releasing their blocks too early, and the running back not hitting the hole with enough urgency.
If I were to pinpoint anything, it would be the fact that you're using that stout Browns d-line.

Now, the Jets line (outside of Winters) is poor at run blocking. The Rams line is better, but that's still a pretty even matchup.

Play a couple of random CFM games using a poor defensive line vs a good back and see how it goes. That will tell you a lot more whether it is a game issue for you or a 'I'm using a good line and should be happy' issue.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:47 PM   #71
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
If I were to pinpoint anything, it would be the fact that you're using that stout Browns d-line.

Now, the Jets line (outside of Winters) is poor at run blocking. The Rams line is better, but that's still a pretty even matchup.

Play a couple of random CFM games using a poor defensive line vs a good back and see how it goes. That will tell you a lot more whether it is a game issue for you or a 'I'm using a good line and should be happy' issue.
If you are the "hold L1 for a second or two off the snap" guy, I can almost guarantee that's why they have no oomph

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 07:58 AM   #72
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
If you are the "hold L1 for a second or two off the snap" guy, I can almost guarantee that's why they have no oomph

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Wait, do people actually use L1? I've never touched it and it never occurred to me that people would use it.

I might have my first ever house rule for the slider thread if that's the case.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-01-2019 at 08:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »